• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Era please help me. Have I planted these trees wrong? Why have some of these saplings not grown in 3-4 days? I thought I had the spacing correct. It's puzzling me.
Need at least two vertical space between trees. I just did two vertical and two horizontal for my town.

Anyone know the limit for fruit trees? I'm gonna start selling some trees off to make my island look nicer. Also, any reason to keep saplings? Fruit trees are so much better

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably a shot in the dark, but does anyone have spare large star fragments? I'm not sure if my fragments are done washing up on shore yet, but I liferallt have 12 regular fragments and nothing else. I can't make a wand with just that 😭 I can pay in bells or offer furniture items? Whatever ya desire

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
EUKhfFJUMAAnggN

Some game box arts
So how do you make these? Is there some online tool? And can you import them or do you have to copy every detail?

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Did an hour this morning again and nothing much else I can do until tomorrow. I really enjoy all the gameplay systems just a bit frustrating that I can't get really into it. Probably made worse cause of the lockdown.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
So how do you make these? Is there some online tool? And can you import them or do you have to copy every detail?

Would love to have these in my house if that is OK? Do you have QR codes for these designs? (If that is how you collect them in this game?)

yo where did you get the gameboy and crash QRs?! I want those!

I used acpatterns.com . Click convert then upload whatever image you want to use, then generate QR code, then scan the QR code using the switch online app :-)

Some images work a lot better than others I should say

May 5, 2018
I feel like whenever I use a Nook Miles ticket to try and catch fish I haven't caught yet, I end up not catching the fish I aimed for but come away with a big rare catch that it ends up being a success. Two nights ago I tried to catch a sturgeon and didn't catch one on that trip, but I caught an Oarfish in the water and that was a success. Today I tried catching a Coelacanth and while I didn't get that fish, I caught a Blue Marlin instead. Still pretty rad!

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I converted a few Switch icons to patterns, some come out better than others. New Horizon's smoothing can make them a bit wonky when imported, though.

p9hyHmn.png

I actually use Photoshop to manually reduce them to 32 x 32 and lower the amount of colours first, so the tool has a better chance.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a trick to finding rarer insects on my island? I pretty much just get 3 types of butterfly, they probably cover 90% of the bugs I see. Haven't found a new one for days. And I want to sell them as well because I owe about 500k bells and if I don't get a reliable way of making money I'll probably give up.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Kinda glad I sold my Turnips on Monday. They hit a mild spike on Tuesday going from 161 to a high peak of 194. Then they absolutely tanked, Dropping to 75 and now Saturday PM for a terribad low of 53.

I hope everyone is ready tomorrow to buy low.

And when you do sell, it would be nice to pay it forward when you do manage to sell high. Recommended tip is typically 10%, Of course it's not required, but something to keep in mind the convenience of the individual who is inviting you to their island. This is especially even more concerning with the uninterruptible screens when someone visits and leaves.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Holy fu**! Why is placing the incline marker THAT limited? The restrictions are shit...
Yea, it's one of the reasons I wish that terrain manipulation was unlocked earlier. I'm holding on building some stairs/bridges until I can terraform a bit.

Thank you. :)

Today two of my villagers were talking to each other and finished the conversation with an emote, I went to talk to one of them and she said that the other villager had praised her outfit and that it made her day. I found it cute.

I shamelessly copy your entrance format.
Haha, glad you liked it.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Do they appear straight away or is it more days to get the option to make lots? Also do you have to build before you ask them to join, or do it after?

Also I have a lot of favourite smugs lol, so it's not really against Phil, I was just hoping to roll for old faves or brand new villagers.

Yeah, the plots are ready right away! You can build your max amount of additional plots by the time your smug camper appears, which is liiiiike... 4 additional ones. You will have to pay 10,000 bells per plot (40,000 total) if you want to just go ahead and get them all placed at once.

And yes, you have to build these plots before you can start asking animals to join you again.
I've also seen a tweet mentioning that if you don't go ahead and start recruiting animals from tours, random animals will begin to fill the plots you've built. So there's always that, lol.

Also yeah, same. I was really hoping for someone I like that I've never had before, but ended up with Ken (really like him, just wish it was someone new). But after seeing the full list of smugs and how... questionable some of their designs are...? I realized I got super lucky, lmfao.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Newbie here. Do I get any advantages, aside from aesthetics, by picking up the weeds from everywhere?

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
the rec center is closed today. Does this mean my streak for logging into the computer there will be broken?

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to trade fossils?

I have:
  • Sabretooth skull
  • Sabretooth tail
  • Left Ptera Wing
  • T. rex Torso
  • Deinony Tail
  • Amber

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Newbie here. Do I get any advantages, aside from aesthetics, by picking up the weeds from everywhere?

It's purely aesthetics... But you can also use the weeds for a few DIY recipes, and there's a 'Sell a Clump of 20 Weeds' Nook Miles challenge that appears every now and then that you can use to your advantage if you hold onto em.

EDIT: OH. And I should also mention that too many weeds around means items from balloons/rocks/trees falling into nonexistence due to too many tiles being taken up (weeds count as occupied space, lol).

EDIT #2: Wow, how'd I forget about the town rating system. I guess that's what happens when you never tried to aim for a perfect town in an Animal Crossing game... pfft.

Last edited:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA

Your town is eventually evaluated for how well is maintained and decorated with flowers and other objects. You get some rewards, So it may pay off for some upkeep. In the older games you could only grow a specific type of flower that signified your town had a perfect evaluation.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Hey gang, I've just gotten my first camper and invited them to move to my island permanently. I've also laid out the remaining house plots Nook, but I still can't seem to check my island rating with Isabelle!

Do you all know if there's a different criteria to unlock that? I want to hit that 3-star rating ASAP for my man KK

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Are people able to move their town square?

Also I'm looking to buy DIY stone fences

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to ask this again, but does anyone have an island I could sell apples on today? Been hoarding them for a while haha

Deleted member 42102

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
This game needs a multi-buy option desperately. Even text speed options would be nice. Tired of having to go in and out of the changing room to see and buy all the clothes I want. Plus buying seeds from the Nook boys for my garden is hell.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Yeah, the plots are ready right away! You can build your max amount of additional plots by the time your smug camper appears, which is liiiiike... 4 additional ones. You will have to pay 10,000 bells per plot (40,000 total) if you want to just go ahead and get them all placed at once.

And yes, you have to build these plots before you can start asking animals to join you again.
I've also seen a tweet mentioning that if you don't go ahead and start recruiting animals from tours, random animals will begin to fill the plots you've built. So there's always that, lol.

Also yeah, same. I was really hoping for someone I like that I've never had before, but ended up with Ken (really like him, just wish it was someone new). But after seeing the full list of smugs and how... questionable some of their designs are...? I realized I got super lucky, lmfao.

Thank you for the info! Time to spend all my miles on Nook tickets

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Did an hour this morning again and nothing much else I can do until tomorrow. I really enjoy all the gameplay systems just a bit frustrating that I can't get really into it. Probably made worse cause of the lockdown.

Couple of things you can do to prepare for the "future"

• Gather lots of wood. Like, lots. You'll need it for virtually every recipe.
    • Also sticks if you plan to craft your own basic tools.
  • Farm miles!
    • You can also stock tickets to go farm Iron Ore. It's also CRAZY important for recipes, and you'll be sad when you're running low.
    • Also, once Resident Services is open, you will need TENS OF THOUSANDS of miles to get everything that opens up.
  • Get rid of every weed you can. That takes time, but it's worth it.
    • You can also set aside stacks of 20 to sell for mile farming!
  • Gather clams to make fish bait. This will be helpful when trying to farm specific fish down the line.
  • Build an army of tools. That's my plan this weekend!
    • Nothing sucks more than having your last fishing pole break and not having one ready while you're in a fishing mood.
  • Clear all non-fruit bearing trees and prepare large areas for new residents.
Those are most of the things I can think of that I would busy myself with in your position!

Oct 27, 2017
I assume you mean the 3 you are required to place and furnish early on? He won't give you anything to do once that is complete anyway, they have to move in (one day at a time, so 3 days total) before the next major thing comes along. If you don't fill them with islanders they'll all sell over the day as you reload the town.
Thanks.

So I guess I'm in a resource gathering stage until I'm given a new assignment.

billsmugs

Oct 27, 2017
UK

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nabbed a Fly, guessing the Ant won't show up on garbage as well based on how New Leaf handled it. Only rotten turnips/fruit I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.