• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
can anyone for whom Nooks Cranny is open invite me over? I want to earn some bells to relocate my museum and it's 10 15 here

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
I love New Horizons, have already spent so much time with it in the last week, there is so much to keep me going.

This and Disney+ could not have released at a better time in the UK with this lockdown. It really has the potential to keep players distracted during this pandemic. Props to Nintendo for being able to keep updates going.

Is there a Discord ERA chat for this game?

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
The three trash types I've caught from fishing so far is empty can, boot, and tire. They give DIY recipes for crafting and I eventually unlocked trash bags as a craft item. I placed them next to my recycle bin outside my house. I didn't realize it may attract flies, but I guess that should be expected lol.
Perfect. I'm in a trash mystery island right now, you can only fish trash here. Pretty funny.

Oct 25, 2017
Do they appear straight away or is it more days to get the option to make lots? Also do you have to build before you ask them to join, or do it after?

Also I have a lot of favourite smugs lol, so it's not really against Phil, I was just hoping to roll for old faves or brand new villagers.

It takes some time but eventually Tom Nook will ask you to set up some lots and make the interior and exterior items for each respective lot (triggered once i invited 3 people).

Once that's done it will take a bit more until they appear

Oct 25, 2017
Walked back into my office and saw the island crashed. C9BX1. All fruit should be growing.

I'm just going to chill in my lawn chair on the beach. :)

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Finally unlocked the construction app. First thing I did was give access to a beach in the back and make it so you run around the entire island. What an addictive game; haven't been this hooked since the first one on Gamecube

Just wish bridge and incline kits were craftable like I thought they would be from that first diy recipe :/

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
If I contribute 100k to a 168k bridge, does anyone know how long will it take before the other residents donate the rest?

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Hurrah, on my 5th random island I found Poncho, my favourite Jock villager. It's quite funny since a friend started with him and has been rubbing my nose in it.
If I contribute 100k to a 168k bridge, does anyone know how long will it take before the other residents donate the rest?
They chip in a few hundred bells at best, you'll be waiting months.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
So Tom won't give me something new to do unless I find 3 residents for the houses I've set aside?
I assume you mean the 3 you are required to place and furnish early on? He won't give you anything to do once that is complete anyway, they have to move in (one day at a time, so 3 days total) before the next major thing comes along. If you don't fill them with islanders they'll all sell over the day as you reload the town.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
It is absolutely baffling that you can't access materials in your house storage while you are using a bench in your house.

They must have done that on purpose to give you busy work.

billsmugs

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Does anyone have like a black boot or shoe or some NEUTRAL FOOTWEAR they could order for me? This blue work boot is not matching anything that I'm wearing ever hahaha

I ofc would pay and bring another gift as a bonus :)
If you fish two boots you can craft a pair of dark brown recycled boots:
0q5cRVn.png

I can give you a spare pair if you want, see dodo code below.

can anyone for whom Nooks Cranny is open invite me over? I want to earn some bells to relocate my museum and it's 10 15 here

I've got Nook's Cranny open and Mabel is visiting.

If anyone wants to drop off a cherry or pear when they visit then I'd be very grateful! I'll leave out a few peaches if anyone wants them.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
I can only keep the gates open for an hour or so. See here: https://imgur.com/a/WyjXtIt for what's currently on sale

EDIT: Gate closed, might reopen later on if people are interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'd pay real money for a dlc which adds a way to access your house storage from outside your house (like a little box or something) so I don't have to keep going in and out.

Nov 5, 2019
So today's my birthday and it's been pretty crummy. My uggo neighbor dragged me from my front door to stop a fire hazard in their house and whack some paper star with a stick. Then I went to my newly-opened campsite.

MARSHAL WAS THERE! My favorite villager who's been with me since New Leaf! And he's moving in! This was the best birthday ever!

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
If anyone has Flick in their island and is willing to let me pop over I'd be super grateful!

Oct 27, 2017
If you fish two boots you can craft a pair of dark brown recycled boots:
0q5cRVn.png

I can give you a spare pair if you want, see dodo code below.

I've got Nook's Cranny open and Mabel is visiting.

If anyone wants to drop off a cherry or pear when they visit then I'd be very grateful! I'll leave out a few peaches if anyone wants them.

[Hidden content]
An extra pair would be awesome ya! And I'll check out Mable too :) I'll bring oranges

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I just tried connecting to a friends island and it says there aren't any islands we can take you to right now. What does that even mean? How do I visit a friends island?

Edit: maybe they need to be in game friends and not friends from my switch friends list?

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any kind of complete or near complete catalog of what can/can't be customized and what the variations are? I assume it's a bit too early for that, but it's annoying getting a new piece of furniture and then having to go to a bench and check if it's highlighted.

(On that note, it should show the customizable icon in the DIY recipes menu, not just the crafting menu)

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like villagers having conversations is still in the game, there just seems to be some hidden mechanic behind the ability for it to happen unlocking (like being able to give villagers items or do requests for them). I ran into Sly and Jeremiah talking about running 100 laps around the island and then they asked if I wanted to join in, and then I found Merry super happy because Coco watched her dancing.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
My guess: they are too close to each other. Trees like their space
That's what I was afraid of. I thought I was doing the one free space on all four sides of the tree but I'm thinking maybe even then I have them too close. Seems the only conclusion to draw here unfortunately. Dammit lol. Going to move them around and see what happens over the next few days, thanks.

I did research and apparently you need two spaces in between to make them grow for sure. I had the same problem and once I rearranged them I had no problems!

Thanks!!

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Things I discovered villagers do today:

-Genuinely attempt to catch bugs
-Go picnicing
-Complain about me building too many fences
-Take naps in public
-Water my plants. Like, furniture plants. They got out a spray bottle and everything.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Things I discovered villagers do today:

-Genuinely attempt to catch bugs
-Go picnicing
-Complain about me building too many fences
-Take naps in public
-Water my plants. Like, furniture plants. They got out a spray bottle and everything.
They'll water your outside plants too. Stu was being my personal gardener yesterday.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Kinda sad that some of the items I want from the ATM cost a fortune, I wanted to do a wind turbine farm but at 4000 miles a pop? Forget it.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Question: when a room gets added to your house, the ambient light level in the main room gets brighter. Anyone know if you can make it dark again? I loved my dark room with lava lamps at the corners lighting it up with a red glow and a plasma ball at the center, now it's as if I had the main light on.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
There are a few big complaints I have aside from the ones everybody else has been mentioning. I play with the camera pulled out GC style, but the game decides that everytime I leave a building it is going to go back down to the default "rolling log" view. It is so tedious to have to change it back everytime. Also, speaking of camera issues, why the hell does the game not pull back and give you a grid layout for whenever you are putting in buildings or infrastructure? It is really hard to try to eyeball it and get the buildings lined up with other buildings. Oh, and let me skip dialogue for fuck's sake. I am so tired of having to listen to Blathers babble about dumb bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.