• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I just remembered... I broke my fishing streak earlier. That bummed me out a bit as I had a pretty good one going for a while now. I checked some time after to see what was the longest streak I had. Apparently, it was 99... I was one freaking fish away. *SIGHS*

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Me, yesteday, after paying for a new room in my house: Hmm, I'll probably make that the bathroom.
Next day
Gets 2 letters, both with bathroom furniture.

A-animal Crossing, are you secretly recording me?

Also, thank GOD I sold my turnips yesterday. Today is 52 bells per turnips.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
First campsite villager appeared, who is Phil, who I do not want
Do you have to take the first one or can I wait until tomorrow for someone else?

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
Hmm I have three new residents on my island and their houses are build now, how do I trigger the next evolution step for my island? The last one I had was building my first bridge and Tom Nook says he has no advice to give me right now. Do I have to fully pay-off my house debt?
I suppose you already have the Museum build up, right? The next step should be having the Resident Services Center.
That would give you acces to public works (and hourly music, :P)

Hey everyone, I just got a switch lite and thinking about starting Animal Crossing. If I were to get a proper switch later on, could I transfer my stuff & AC progress to that console and then give the lite to my gf?
I mean, RIGHT NOW there's no possibility, but they are woriking on a solution for this. So I say yeah, you SHOULD BE able to transfer your Island to the new Switch sometime in the near future.

I need to catch a fly and something else that only shows up on garbage according to the internet. Where do you find THAT garbage?
I think once you fish the garbage can you need to toss it on the ground. After a day or two, it will get smelly and attract a Fly.

It it normal for wild flowers to suddenly sprout hybrids? I have two small patches of wild roses located on the highest cliffside that sported a pink and purple buds today for no reason, despite ignoring those patches. I'm not sure how that happened. Just some random occurance?
It can happen, yes. But for max chances, always water the desired parent plants to produce a hybrid.
Other possible scenario, the day before you had a rainy day (it can rain even when you're not playing) and that watered all of your flowers.

Need some answers on 2 subjects.

Flowers. I am trying to cross breed them and was wondering if I need to plant new flowers or take the bloomed flowers buds to enable new flowers to grow? Or can I just leave bloomed flowers be and eventually new ones will pop? Also how important is watering? Is it to make the flowers grow faster? Do I still need to water when they have bloomed? Also, is it safe to pick the buds or is that going to slow things down?
Don't mess with the buds, you need a full flower to make hybrids. In real life (and in-game), inside a flower's petals are the reproductory organs to cross polinate, so if you take those away, they can't breed. Water is important for growing and overall "healthiness". I don't think flowers wither, as they did in past games. They loose the petals and you have to water again to grow them back, so that's why even after bloom, they should be kept watered. And this should go without saying, but make sure you're putting the right combination of flower + color to make a desired hybrid. Two whites can't produce a pink, it takes a white and red flower to do so, and so on. Good luck, and just be a little patience! ; )

My campsite was finished today and I assume no matter what a camper is going to show up tomorrow? How do I get new neighbours after that, only from the campsite or islands as well?
Also, I think you need to buy and stablish plots of land from Nook.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I've got Chops as my first campsite villager...he did not left me a great first impression that's for sure

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Oh yeah, in my campsite this fella called Ken appeared.
41wfOaIUbrL.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I have trees with all fruits if anyone needs them (I know I saw cherries, peaches, apples, and pears. pretty sure oranges are in, too). Going AFK. D3RDB.

Oni_J

Oct 28, 2017
I guess it's wishful thinking to wish there is a way to unlock mass crafting? Turning shells in fishbat is tedious. ;P

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, they have to be touching? I've been planting mine in an X formation with one space between each pair. The tutorial video I watched said to do it that way.
An X formation is fine. (Optimal even.)

By touching, I mean the second flower has to be in any of the eight squares surrounding the first flower, which of course includes diagonally.

This is an example of a proper X formation:
ic8lSF3.jpg

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
Wait, they have to be touching? I've been planting mine in an X formation with one space between each pair. The tutorial video I watched said to do it that way.
Two touching flowers will produce an offspring in any adjacent place to them, provided there's room for it.
OOOO
OXXO
OOOO

But if the flowers are diagonal to each other, that counts as "touching", too.
X0X0
0X0X
X0X0

This method allows for multiple color of flowers to make hybrids.
Like an upper row of white flowers, a middle row of reds and a lower row of yellow:

--Wt--Wt--
Rd--Rd--Rd
--Ylw--Ylw--

Should produce pink hybrids in the top-middle and orange hybrids in the lower middle half.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I absolutely hate the layout of my island but don't know where I want to move anything. I bought the museum relocation kit without deciding where I want it.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone! Mabel's visiting my town if you wanna check out what she has.

C5XB9.

Please drop some fruit if you can. :)

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Tools breaking in this game is a real bummer. It literally adds nothing to the game. It's just a time tax. Awful, awful design choice.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hate the layout of my island but don't know where I want to move anything. I bought the museum relocation kit without deciding where I want it.

I was in the same boat, but you just gotta ask yourself a broad question and narrow it down. E.g. "do I prefer a community with everything nearby or do I want things spread out?" And from there "okay but is there an exception?" Etc.

That's how I decided to move my museum to the very back of the map, with the cedar trees, to make it seem more secluded, and now all shops and houses are near the town hall.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have like a black boot or shoe or some NEUTRAL FOOTWEAR they could order for me? This blue work boot is not matching anything that I'm wearing ever hahaha

I ofc would pay and bring another gift as a bonus :)

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I don't play but my mom has a question. The three plans Nook gave her she constructed on another island. Nook keeps seeing asking her to find spots for the three homes. She's now wondering what to do.

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
What am I doing wrong?

I planted bamboo shoots a few days ago, it looks like it's fully grown now (it's got the bushy green leaves on top). When I chopped it with an axe, no materials break off it.

Erdnuckel01

Oct 29, 2017
I don't play but my mom has a question. The three plans Nook gave her she constructed on another island. Nook keeps seeing asking her to find spots for the three homes. She's now wondering what to do.
Did she jump over a river and build the homes on a part that is not connected by a bridge to the island that the plaza is on? If so she might need to build a bridge to this part of her island.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose you already have the Museum build up, right? The next step should be having the Resident Services Center.
That would give you acces to public works (and hourly music, :P)

I mean, RIGHT NOW there's no possibility, but they are woriking on a solution for this. So I say yeah, you SHOULD BE able to transfer your Island to the new Switch sometime in the near future.

I think once you fish the garbage can you need to toss it on the ground. After a day or two, it will get smelly and attract a Fly.

It can happen, yes. But for max chances, always water the desired parent plants to produce a hybrid.
Other possible scenario, the day before you had a rainy day (it can rain even when you're not playing) and that watered all of your flowers.

Don't mess with the buds, you need a full flower to make hybrids. In real life (and in-game), inside a flower's petals are the reproductory organs to cross polinate, so if you take those away, they can't breed. Water is important for growing and overall "healthiness". I don't think flowers wither, as they did in past games. They loose the petals and you have to water again to grow them back, so that's why even after bloom, they should be kept watered. And this should go without saying, but make sure you're putting the right combination of flower + color to make a desired hybrid. Two whites can't produce a pink, it takes a white and red flower to do so, and so on. Good luck, and just be a little patience! ; )

Also, I think you need to buy and stablish plots of land from Nook.

Yeah I have the museum, I guess the service-center will build itself tomorrow then? Tom said everything will be closed tomorrow, I was on a call when I started the game today so I kind of half-read the text :P

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Phil is awesome, though! You'll probably end up liking him, heheh.

And yeah, I've rushed through building all the additional plots just so I can get back to recruiting. Makes the island tours extra endearing.
Do they appear straight away or is it more days to get the option to make lots? Also do you have to build before you ask them to join, or do it after?

Also I have a lot of favourite smugs lol, so it's not really against Phil, I was just hoping to roll for old faves or brand new villagers.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
So some items have different color variations yet you can't seem to customize them via crafting. Do you just have to find and buy the color you want in these cases or is there an even more advanced customization feature that's unlocked later?

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
I just found a island where all of the fish spawning were large fish. Unfortunately, there was no cliff tier for me to try and get a stringfish.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Anyone happen to have Flick in their town today? I have a shit ton of nightmare spiders that need to get off my town immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.