• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to tomorrow. My house will be moved to where I actually wanted it, my campsite will be built, and my zen bridge will be complete. :)

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Can you have core NPCs like Isabella and Tom Nook as your 10 villagers if you scan their Amiibo card?

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
I just got given a Springy Ride-On to "attract more neighbours".

Do I really have to place it? It doesn't vibe with my island at all.

Or can I just sneakily put it in storage...?

sharbhund

Oct 28, 2017
were you looking at the sky with empty hands when you pressed A?

You get a star fragment for each time you wish on a star. If you didn't make wishes then the fragments don't fall On you.
I don't think you get a fragment for each wish. The other night, according to the Nook Miles app, I wished on about 80 stars, but I only got about 20 fragments on the beach throughout the next day.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Me and my friend acting like goofballs

EUK7T3ZUwAE8Gdk

EUK7T3NU8AUS_dg

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Am I wasting tickets visiting mystery islands late at night? I'm only getting bamboo islands and basic plain islands. No tarantulas or islands with other residents at all.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Closing the gate folks. Thanks for all the gifts, I'll probably open again next harvest or when someone shows up like Mabel.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Thanks for the heads up about rocks, folks! I sadly dug them all up day one, so time to let them all grow back! Fortunately i was able to get my iron from nook mile tickets to other islands.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone taken a time lapse of the sky at night yet? I feel like that would be a pretty cool sight

Oct 29, 2017
Found this out while placing fences. Gates aren't needed really. Just place your opening sideways:

EUKx0DgUwAQS0k0
That's genius! Thanks for sharing the tip. We really need gates...

Yesterday I got the speech bubble, today they set up boxes. I am assuming they are leaving tomorrow.
I see, that's good to know! Thanks for the heads up. I read that they don't move out on their own without checking with you first, as well. It seems like they worked on streamlining the moving out process a bit in this game.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Got Sahara for the first time today. Got a complete desert set. The dunes animate with heat waves and the sand leaves footprints:

Also Timmy and Tommy really like tarantulas
EUK9N48UUAQraFD

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Had four people on my island tonight and all four of them got a stringfish. 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a meteor shower last night. I pressed A a lot of times. Nothing happened. Very confusing, stupid event. Then I'm given a recipe for an item I can't make because no stars fell.
In the morning. Check the shores.
Finally caught the Stringfish! I think I'm done with March exclusive fish and bugs I hope
What bugs ?
Finally got the tarantula island thing to work. Should be making bank tomorrow.
What trick. ?

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused about how to visit a friend's island. So I have to add them as a friend on my Nintendo profile, then we need to open up our islands to visitors, and when one of us visits the other's island, we can become best friends or something? Help.

Oct 25, 2017
I love photo mode.

OsL6PFU.jpg

I'm so confused about how to visit a friend's island. So I have to add them as a friend on my Nintendo profile, then we need to open up our islands to visitors, and when one of us visits the other's island, we can become best friends or something? Help.

One of you can justgo to the airport, open the gate and then give the other one a dodo code. I'm not really sure the process of becoming friends in the best friend app, though

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How long does it take for an animal to move to your village after meeting them on an island? I've met a couple and it's been a few days

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's only been a week and I shouldn't be worried about progress at this point, but none of my villagers gave me a reaction today and I'm quite mad at them.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
If anyone's interested, here's AC running @ "60 FPS" and with added AA (not an emulator by the way, Switch hardware and a little bit of motion interpolation help Plus (mCable).

EDIT - link removed since a 1080p YouTube video is pure garbage. I'll upload another one in 4K later.

Last edited:

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Hey guys, I'm interested in the game. I've watched several reviews, but I'm still not sure what type of game this is exactly.
What's the goal? Would you say it's similar to Stardew Valley?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys, I'm interested in the game. I've watched several reviews, but I'm still not sure what type of game this is exactly.
What's the goal? Would you say it's similar to Stardew Valley?
The goal is basically whatever you want it to be. It's a life sim. The first week is a tutorial that shows you the ropes, but past that, it's up to you.

If you like Stardew Valley, you'll probably like this, but they aren't as similar as they would appear on the surface. There's tons of footage on YouTube now, so I'd advise checking some of those out to get a better sense of what the game is. (Personally I'm obsessed with it.)

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't started the game yet, but wondering what the differences are in choosing boy or girl style when making a character? I know you can change anytime, but is there an actual difference in the models or something slightly?

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have to buy a house plot first in order to find villager on mystery islands? I bought a plot yesterday to test it out, and I saw 3 villagers back to back and today, I couldn't find any.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so it seems that for this month I only need the barreleye, after that I'd have every fish I can get on the month.

i just need to find a black blue or purple flower for one of the lasts bugs,I haven't seen it being sold, how do I get them?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
so it seems that for this month I only need the barreleye, after that I'd have every fish I can get on the month.

i just need to find a black blue or purple flower for one of the lasts bugs,I haven't seen it being sold, how do I get them?

Those are hybrid flowers so they won't be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.