• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Anyone know where to go for nice QR codes? I'm a sucker for album art and my skills are...
vMUw8b2.jpg

...leaving much to be desired
5rJYVn4.png

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Thanks everyone! Will probably go digital. But, unfortunately, you can't buy eshop cards on Amazon.ca and apparently, if you buy it on the US site, it only works for US accounts.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am so bad at fishing, I'm sure one of my fish has been a stringfish and I'm just fucking up the catch.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Perfect thanks!
I'm sorry I laughed.
I guess I did a Freudian slip 🤷
If you're copying already existing art you can just drop the file into https://acpatterns.com/editor and make a QR code.
Goodness I did not want to upload, just browse and download. But seems like a good site.
Yep I was pretty spot on wasn't I, nice thanks!

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
This is my first Animal Crossing game. It's so weird. When I'm not playing the game, I think "man, I am running out of stuff to do and it's getting boring. I should just sell the game."
But then I boot the game up and lose hours of my day just fishing, chopping wood, or talking to Fuchsia, and I forget all about the current ongoing pandemic. This game is far from perfect, but I can't help but love it so far (just opened the town hall today and unlocked hourly music).

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
If someone's able to get on Pau's island, can you pick up basically a copy of every clothing item except the sunglasses for me? Can't see what the shoes cost but I'll pay 15k for the bundle and add 10 peaches on top for the trouble.

Reposting for visibility, I think they're open for 15 minutes longer and I couldn't get in last time I tried.
Edit: Nevermind, got in. Forgot to drop the furniture I bought so I'll bring 2 next time. D:

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Animal Crossing is a slow burn zen game but New Horizons is a tortoise.

Fair considering how long the museum takes.

We've seen what's in the base game though, and I don't see how long time fans wouldn't have any reservations about the GaaS route the game has taken.

Like, has anything besides seasonal events been announced or even hinted at? We know certain unique npcs are being reused for temporary events.

Is it a GaaS if we're not paying anything for the extra content (yet) (I'm genuinely not sure if that is part of what the definition is, I'm not trying to be rude).

How long would it take to unlock everything in the base game? That's really my main point, even if we know what's in it, that's different from how long it takes to unlock everything. I just don't think we should complain about a lack of content until it's clear there is a lack of content (which I'd argue is 2-3 months with a COVID grace period). Yes, we don't know either way if Nintendo has always planned to add Brewster or Redd in at a later date or not, but does it make a difference if they were in the base game and didn't arrive for four months or if they're free DLC that comes four months in?

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I converted a bunch of album art for personal use. I had a hard time finding albums that were still recognizable after converting but here's a link to the lot of them.

imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
That's not why many here are anti-pears in the game.

I think it's because they don't like pears in real life and also someone mentioned their color doesn't pop in the game because it's green on green.

The crafting aspect using fruits is indeed interesting though.

My original question wasn't so much why people were anti-pears, just if there was a difference in what fruit you could have. Which apparently there is (in the different furniture. Although I hope you can still pick those recipes later on).

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Finished my hw and kinda bored so my gates are open. 8CG9L. My hot item is metal patio tables or whatever they are. I have not checked my turnip prices. I have peaches

edit they are 154 if that's good

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Sometimes I fish and a fish takes the bait instantly but I still miss it. Should I be doing it faster? Only times I miss the fish.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
The people who said the Nook Cranny's closing theme is great are absolutely right. I'm listening to it right now, before T&T kick me out.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
I think all of my visitors have left! Thank you guys for coming by and I really appreciate all the tips you've given! Hope you all had fun!

This is the perfect opportunity for me to go over some etiquette: please, don't run over flowers. After my afternoon hosting session I noticed that basically all my flowers by my house were gone and I suppose some visitors ran over them. Walking over flowers is fine, but please don't run over them otherwise they will be destroyed.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone opening up their island for a visit? Not having any luck fishing and want to try somewhere else >.>

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
EUKVO1VUwAAuPJ4

May have been my last 2K miles, but I finally found bamboo!

I still need to come up with 50K bells if I want to get that incline built by tonight. 45min left and this game is giving me a rush, haha.

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Is it a GaaS if we're not paying anything for the extra content (yet) (I'm genuinely not sure if that is part of what the definition is, I'm not trying to be rude).

How long would it take to unlock everything in the base game? That's really my main point, even if we know what's in it, that's different from how long it takes to unlock everything. I just don't think we should complain about a lack of content until it's clear there is a lack of content (which I'd argue is 2-3 months with a COVID grace period). Yes, we don't know either way if Nintendo has always planned to add Brewster or Redd in at a later date or not, but does it make a difference if they were in the base game and didn't arrive for four months or if they're free DLC that comes four months in?
Depends on your definition of everything. I'm on in-game day 8 (day 9 starts in ~2 hours for me) and I've just finished the 'main quest' just by playing the game. I don't have all fish or bugs, I don't have all fossils, I haven't paid off my house (only have 2 rooms) and Nook's Cranny hasn't upgraded, but I've done everything that I have to do to 'finish the story', without looking up what I had to do. So a casual player would probably get to this point in a couple days, maybe another week. I know many first time AC players and pretty much all of them are almost at the point where I'm at.

I'm not complaining about the length of this storyline, if you could call it that, and I'm gonna enjoy the shit out of having full control over my island. Shaping and decorating it will probably take many weeks. But I'd love it if there was more to do. The mystery island are kind of a dud, especially when you get islands you don't want (like the bamboo one when you don't need any bamboo at all. It's just a waste of Nook Miles), so outside of the regular AC gameplay loop of digging up fossils, shaking the trees and talking to villagers there isn't that much to do here. That's not a complaint, it's pretty much the same as all the other AC's and I will play this for years to come. It's just that if there ever is a game that would be perfect for regular updates, it's Animal Crossing. New furniture, new events, new stuff to collect, new NPC's who visit your towns. Heck, give me a complete second island for €30 with new, exclusive villagers, themed item sets etc (not a second island with the same stuff as the base game). The main game is so good I'm kinda bummed it's only a week's worth of content. I want more of that.

A GaaS game pretty much gets updated frequently. Usually the updates are free, like Splatoon 2 where you pay €60 for a pretty barebones game that gets padded out for the next 1,5 years (so in actuality you pay €60 for the game + a year and a half worth of 'free' content). But you can also have pretty chunky content packs that are paid, like Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion, which is pretty much Nintendo's best DLC pack to date. Seeing as the Splatoon team is behind Animal Crossing I'm not worried that this game will get at least a year and a half worth of new content. The question is what that content entails. Holidays for example in Animal Crossing usually are only a day, and you can see what most of 'em have to offer in a couple of minutes. Bunny Day is going to be ~12 days, but there probably won't be 12 days worth of content. I bet you can do everything there is to do within one or two days. Content in an AC game wouldn't be the same as Splatoon content, where you'd get new maps you can play over and over and over again. A new furniture set is nice, but you place down the furniture and you're done. I just hope they add more to it than barebones events (like in other AC games) and furniture like the Pocket Camp set.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, haha. On the one hand I love Animal Crossing is a 'GaaS' game now, since it'll make me come back every now and then to check out new stuff, even at times when I'm done with the game for a while. On the other hand I really hope their updates are going to be more substantial than some chairs, a table and an NPC with a handful of lines of dialogue and an easter egg hunt minigame that takes a couple of minutes.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on your definition of everything. I'm on in-game day 8 (day 9 starts in ~2 hours for me) and I've just finished the 'main quest' just by playing the game. I don't have all fish or bugs, I don't have all fossils, I haven't paid off my house (only have 2 rooms) and Nook's Cranny hasn't upgraded, but I've done everything that I have to do to 'finish the story', without looking up what I had to do. So a casual player would probably get to this point in a couple days, maybe another week. I know many first time AC players and pretty much all of them are almost at the point where I'm at.

I'm not complaining about the length of this storyline, if you could call it that, and I'm gonna enjoy the shit out of having full control over my island. Shaping and decorating it will probably take many weeks. But I'd love it if there was more to do. The mystery island are kind of a dud, especially when you get islands you don't want (like the bamboo one when you don't need any bamboo at all. It's just a waste of Nook Miles), so outside of the regular AC gameplay loop of digging up fossils, shaking the trees and talking to villagers there isn't that much to do here. That's not a complaint, it's pretty much the same as all the other AC's and I will play this for years to come. It's just that if there ever is a game that would be perfect for regular updates, it's Animal Crossing. New furniture, new events, new stuff to collect, new NPC's who visit your towns. Heck, give me a complete second island for €30 with new, exclusive villagers, themed item sets etc (not a second island with the same stuff as the base game). The main game is so good I'm kinda bummed it's only a week's worth of content. I want more of that.

A GaaS game pretty much gets updated frequently. Usually the updates are free, like Splatoon 2 where you pay €60 for a pretty barebones game that gets padded out for the next 1,5 years (so in actuality you pay €60 for the game + a year and a half worth of 'free' content). But you can also have pretty chunky content packs that are paid, like Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion, which is pretty much Nintendo's best DLC pack to date. Seeing as the Splatoon team is behind Animal Crossing I'm not worried that this game will get at least a year and a half worth of new content. The question is what that content entails. Holidays for example in Animal Crossing usually are only a day, and you can see what most of 'em have to offer in a couple of minutes. Bunny Day is going to be ~12 days, but there probably won't be 12 days worth of content. I bet you can do everything there is to do within one or two days. Content in an AC game wouldn't be the same as Splatoon content, where you'd get new maps you can play over and over and over again. A new furniture set is nice, but you place down the furniture and you're done. I just hope they add more to it than barebones events (like in other AC games) and furniture like the Pocket Camp set.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, haha. On the one hand I love Animal Crossing is a 'GaaS' game now, since it'll make me come back every now and then to check out new stuff, even at times when I'm done with the game for a while. On the other hand I really hope their updates are going to be more substantial than some chairs, a table and an NPC with a handful of lines of dialogue and an easter egg hunt minigame that takes a couple of minutes.
I kinda regarded the main story as kind of a tutorial

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so it took like an hour or so of me waiting around but a bunch of shooting stars did fall. Guess Celeste is a good sign of that happening at some point that night.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to everyone who stopped by! It was... something, but I hope folks got what they needed! I have some ideas for streamlining buying from the shop. (Mostly just making a small area where I drop a number of the popular items and people can pick up without having to do the chat window.)

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Thanks to everyone who stopped by! It was... something, but I hope folks got what they needed! I have some ideas for streamlining buying from the shop. (Mostly just making a small area where I drop a number of the popular items and people can pick up without having to do the chat window.)
Something I've seen other people do is letting in just 2 or 4 people. Since there's two Nook's to buy from transactions won't take very long. Let them stay in the town until everyone's bought what they wanted, so the host can kick 'em all out at once pressing the minus button. Repeat for 2-4 others etc. That way you won't have to sit through cutscenes everytime, people get the time to buy what they want, and you don't have to buy a ton of stuff beforehand.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Found a strange random island tonight. Mostly a giant pond with a tiny island, blocked by a rock (had to break it to vault to the island). Only had 5 rocks on it, nothing else, and all were filled with bells. Lots of Goldfish too.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Something I've seen other people do is letting in just 2 or 4 people. Since there's two Nook's to buy from transactions won't take very long. Let them stay in the town until everyone's bought what they wanted, so the host can kick 'em all out at once pressing the minus button. Repeat for 2-4 others etc. That way you won't have to sit through cutscenes everytime, people get the time to buy what they want, and you don't have to buy a ton of stuff beforehand.
Sounds like a good system. I'll try it next time!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got one of the three villager homes built, and also got the ladder so I can explore the cliffs now.

Ugh, I can't wait until I get the town hall. Almost there.

Oct 27, 2017
Found a strange random island tonight. Mostly a giant pond with a tiny island, blocked by a rock (had to break it to vault to the island). Only had 5 rocks on it, nothing else, and all were filled with bells. Lots of Goldfish too.
I had the same, without the goldfish though. Only got tires. Those 5 rocks did make close to 90k though!

Status
Not open for further replies.