• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
What the fuck is this? I seriously have no choice but to invite this guy to my island?

EUJ2zOAUUAAu5lM

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
How many of those were available a week in, though? Redd would have only shown up if you got really lucky, I think the police and Brewster were a later unlock in NL at least, and I don't think Kicks set his shop up this early either.

I'm not going to argue over how you feel about the game, but they've made it very clear they're adding more to it. Hell, we're getting two updates less than a month in. It's entirely possible by time we would 'normally' unlock something we'll either get it in an update or something new to replace it.

It just feels very early to me to argue about content, since the game is intended to be slow burn. No one has actually seen all the content yet, even with the datamine.
We've seen what's in the base game though, and I don't see how long time fans wouldn't have any reservations about the GaaS route the game has taken.

Like, has anything besides seasonal events been announced or even hinted at? We know certain unique npcs are being reused for temporary events.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
We've seen what's in the base game though, and I don't see how long time fans wouldn't have any reservations about the GaaS route the game has taken.

Like, has anything besides seasonal events been announced or even hinted at? We know certain unique npcs are being reused for temporary events.
My thoughts?
Just have some faith in the splatoon dev deam.
We know that Lief is being added in with an earth day event, but we don't know that he is actually exclusive to earth day.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts?
Just have some faith in the splatoon dev deam.
We know that Lief is being added in with an earth day event, but we don't know that he is actually exclusive to earth day.
Honestly, and I'm not trying to be a huge downer here (I'd give the game a solid 8/10 in its current state), but let's be real, Lief isn't being permanently added to the game outside of earth day.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Try checking your yellow bin in the residential services tent/building, I think they get put in there at the end of the day if you haven't found them.
Whoa, Really?

I've been shaking dang near every tree on my island daily so I can find the furniture. I thought only stuff that was unused when buildings upgraded went in the orange bin?

WeroZero

Nov 22, 2017
Wait, where do you go to scan cards? I have the site built, but it just automatically put someone in there today and I got stuck with a lame villager. What am I doing wrong?
After the first person moves from the campsite your town theyll let you use the cards on the atm, so yes they force another villager in your town lmao

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, Really?

I've been shaking dang near every tree on my island daily so I can find the furniture. I thought only stuff that was unused when buildings upgraded went in the orange bin?

I think that's how it works, because some days if I don't find everything I have a furniture item or two in the bin the next morning. A lot of cardboard boxes, too... Not 100% sure though!

boyifyoudont

Feb 10, 2018
Remember when people said pitfalls weren't in the game at all?

That was a fucking lie. Also it's kind of amazing that nobody seems to have made a full database of all the items, like with NL's MoriDB.

Mozendo

Oct 25, 2017
Pacific North West
wow, need to sell mine real quick. i'll drop by :)
I would like to drop by as well. Thanks!
I would love to drop by!! thank you :) (also what's your fruit? I'd love to bring a little gift in return!)
Apples
Love to drop by when you're open! Sitting on a ton of turnips, wanting to get a few construction products paid over the weekend. Do you need any fruits?

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Also what happens to stuff you buy at Nook's Cranny? I just bought 2 things but they didn't appear in my inventory after I left the shop.

Last edited:

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Frustrating you can't make diagonal fences. I've used a LOT of the nook air mile tickets, still getting the same fruit as my island - is it time locked?

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Apples

don't know how to make it into replies only.

Also what happens to stuff you buy at Nook's Cranny? I just bought 2 things but they didn't appear in my inventory after I left the shop.
Edit: I don't know formatting, code is in my post I think

I'm on my way! Bringing some peaches for your trouble :)

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
The way online works needs a big overhaul it's kinda annoying when you are in an island with people coming over and leaving...

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I have a bath robe. Does anyone know if there's a towel I can buy for my head to complete the ensemble?

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It's clear the game is unfinished and they're using updates to fill the content in.

Reportedly, the game doesn't even have minor holidays like April Fools.

updating the game for each holiday and event for the first year would be a middle finger to time travelers.

I'll allow it.

I'll just say that the island in new leaf broke the game, you could get insane amounts of money from bugs and do whatever the fuck you want, I got so much money that eventually I gave half of it to my then GF to develop her town.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Frustrating you can't make diagonal fences. I've used a LOT of the nook air mile tickets, still getting the same fruit as my island - is it time locked?

I'm just gonna be honest...I'm not sure non-native fruits exist on random islands lol.

I have now used around 20 Nook Mile tickets, and had a couple bamboo islands and the rest, all my native fruit :(
Beyond. Frustrating.
Make it rare, sure. But this rare is ludicrous!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lloid needs to chill with all this buddy, guy, pal, friend stuff. I just met you ya weirdo

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just gonna be honest...I'm not sure non-native fruits exist on random islands lol.

I have now used around 20 Nook Mile tickets, and had a couple bamboo islands and the rest, all my native fruit :(
Beyond. Frustrating.
Make it rare, sure. But this rare is ludicrous!
I've used over 20. Still haven't seen bamboo.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I've had a Nook Miles island with peaches while my native fruit are oranges. They exist.

And I'm seeing at least 1 bamboo island every 5 or so islands.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Mhmmm so I finally picked to move my house to the location I wanted it to be this entire time, in the center of my island on a cliff, with the river going around it. My island is even named Inner Isle because (it was 1 AM and) all I could eventually think of was making it something about this layout; I really wanted to get my house over there ASAP as a result. Had a very nice idea for how it'd look, with a fence behind it and a ramp right up to it. So I went to place that ramp once I knew where the house would be.

And... nope. Can't do that! It's arbitrarily deciding that there's not enough room for the incline, I guess because there's only one square between the edge of the cliff and the start of the house, which I had to do or there'd be no fence behind the house, just water. So just because the cliff indented a bit in the middle there, which is of course where I lined up the house, there's one space less land and I can't place the incline even though I really can't see how it could possibly block off traffic to the door or whatever. Which... is seemingly why I'm getting an error? Am I misunderstanding what the incline does? How could it possibly block anything off if you can still walk on that square of land at the top...?

So... I just have to wait a long while for terraforming if I want my island to be what I originally imagined, I guess? And will now constantly have to use a ladder just to get to my house? Feels like I've screwed myself over for no reason, ugh; I just wanted to make sure the incline lined up with the house, so the house needed to be placed first.. Maybe tomorrow I'll have to eat the 30k bells again and just move right back to where I was...

Of course, even after I can place the incline, it's also going to force me to move all of the wall of bamboo I'd been arranging in front of the incline area too. Because apparently ghe incline eats up way more space on the lower side than it looks like it will, so I'm gonna have to move that all forward by a few spaces...

Oh, and just checked: can't place a few of the bridges I wanted to either! Cause the plots are bizarrely wide no matter what bridge you pick and/or it refuses to smooth out edges of the land if the sides don't line up perfectly, I guess. So I'm gonna have to rethink all of that too.

Why generate the islands like this if the plots are so fricking huge and restrictive that none of it fits together easily? Ugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.