• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Why does the outdoor bath do nothing? Guess they have something for the next game.
ztYqDKC.jpg

ATXmPjW.jpg

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to come over, I'll have my gates open until 10 PM EST.

EUJxpUcU0AE4_p2

EUJxtvtU8AE2qhS

I also have a Swap Shop set up next to Nook's Cranny.

Closed the gate! If you want any of the items, please PM me and I will buy extras for another day. :)

Last edited:

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Anyone have roses or pansies as their native flower? I've been to like 10 random islands and I can't find any of them.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019

Gates are open so you can come and pay tribute as well.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Guys... we're racing towards 400 pages on this OT a little too quickly, can we all stop enjoying the game so much. (In all seriousness all my OT design files are back in my flat on my PC and I came home last week before the lockdown so don't have my PC). I do have some cool ideas for an OT2 though so stay tuned on that one... I should probably bite the bullet and just start designing it now from scratch because at this rate we'll hit 400 pages in this OT in another week.

In other news... I'm addicted to listening to all the new hourly music and I've seen so many great tweets of people getting Isabelle to sing different songs from movies and games.

I also just want to throw my opinion in on the 'missing NPCs' that people are upset about, especially after the GameXplain Amiibo video showing so many aren't in the game. I think this is because of two reasons. Reason 1... streamlining, they've made it so one NPC does the job of many and they've reduced the number of stores and condensed them into one. For example the gardening supplies are now in Nook's Cranny and there's no discrepancy in the money they buy things from you either so no need to Retail either. There are some key things missing like a Cafe or Bar/Club which could come in updates but I don't see any of the other NPCs coming back in their original roles at all - if they do come back they'll have radically altered roles in the world of New Horizons. Reason 2... They're saving some of the NPCs for vital roles in DLC/Updates. For example I feel like we could see a large update which adds Rover or Kapp'n in a role which takes us to a unique locale. I also think this could be how we get some of the missing fruit and such in the game.

With all that said... if we don't ever see these fan favourite NPCs in NH... it also wouldn't surprise me. It would sadden me if in 3-4 years we still don't have any returning NPCs through updates but wouldn't surprise me at all.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Oh shoot, I posted this in the wrong thread😅.

But for starters, there's a ton of missing npcs in the base game. Brewster, Redd, Tortimer, Kapp'n, both police dogs, etc..

Certain npcs, like Kicks, no longer have permanent shops. There's no art section in the museum.

It really does feel incomplete.
There's heavy precedence to suggest they will be readding all these NPCs in with updates over time.
Going the splatoon route. A bare bones base and a heavy update schedule.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty obviously why they've done it this way though
There's an endless amount of content rich single player games that don't do this. Animal Crossing isn't a new IP, we know which npcs will show up on/near Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Also, and I hate to be overly negative here, but the April event looks bad,. I could have bought that "no spoilers" argument better and accepted the events not being included in the base game if they were noticeably better than what was in previous games. But seriously, digging up randomly placed eggs to use as crafting materials? That's the best they could come up with? That's what they're afraid of being spoiled?

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen a video on it but can you be bald in this game? Or do you always have to have hair? I shave my head so I'd be into looking like myself.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
There's heavy precedence to suggest they will be readding all these NPCs in with updates over time.

What i wonder is how they are going to add them back.
Are they going the Leif route, turning him into an event? Will we have "Coffee day", "Forgery day" (not serious about this) and so on or are we going to see a big (paid?) expansion?

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
We'll see, but I have a few reservations about that:

1.The only announced content is events.
2.They're repurposing unique npcs (Lief in NL) who used to have permanent positions/shops in previous games for temporary events.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
It's my first time traveling to another island and I don't have any idea of what's happening lol

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
There's an endless amount of content rich single player games that don't do this. Animal Crossing isn't a new IP, we know which npcs will show up on/near Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Also, and I hate to be overly negative here, but the April event looks bad,. I could have bought that "no spoilers" argument better and accepted the events not being included in the base game if they were noticeably better than what was in previous games. But seriously, digging up randomly placed eggs to use as crafting materials? That's the best they could come up with? That's what they're afraid of being spoiled?

If you don't like it that's fine but it's obvious why they went this route, the holidays would have been included if they chose to do so.
It's not like AC doesn't have enough content as is anyway

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Oh shoot, I posted this in the wrong thread😅.

But for starters, there's a ton of missing npcs in the base game. Brewster, Redd, Tortimer, Kapp'n, both police dogs, etc..

Certain npcs, like Kicks, no longer have permanent shops. There's no art section in the museum.

It really does feel incomplete.

How many of those were available a week in, though? Redd would have only shown up if you got really lucky, I think the police and Brewster were a later unlock in NL at least, and I don't think Kicks set his shop up this early either.

I'm not going to argue over how you feel about the game, but they've made it very clear they're adding more to it. Hell, we're getting two updates less than a month in. It's entirely possible by time we would 'normally' unlock something we'll either get it in an update or something new to replace it.

It just feels very early to me to argue about content, since the game is intended to be slow burn. No one has actually seen all the content yet, even with the datamine.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
We'll see, but I have a few reservations about that:

1.The only announced content is events.
2.They're repurposing unique npcs (Lief in NL) who used to have permanent positions/shops in previous games for temporary events.
We don't know if Leif is a limited time event NPC or is being added in concurrently with earth day.

Personally, I think it's likely we'll a bunch of small expansions in addition to events

Like the gyroid update
black market update
cafe update
swimming update
and so forth

Status
Not open for further replies.