• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, just found out apparently amiibo card invited villagers will never move in permanently and of course the boomer devs at nintendo thought of a way to waste everyone's money before release

25 fucking dollars spent and I cant even get the few villagers i wanted, highkey dont want to even play again for a long ass time

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Omg joining towns is excruciating. New Leaf and even Wild World were better than this...

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be folding laundry and taking care of the baby, but I'll open the town and you are welcome to visit. Might respond to chat but busy. No ramps so you'll need a ladder to get on cliffs

Northern Hemisphere

Native fruit: Cherries, with a few apples, coconuts, bamboo, and peaches lying around.
Native flowers: Hyacinths and Tulips

PM Turnip Price: 56, lol

Hot item: Garden Iron Chair

Furniture for sale in shop: Toaster and Tissue Box

Wallpaper/flooring in shop: Puzzle, Brick, Rose wallpaper; Puzzle, Common, Green, Pink flooring.

Weather: Sunny
No visitors.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized I put two of my three plots on a spot that you can't access with the first bridge I put down. How fucked am I?

Oct 25, 2017
So, just found out apparently amiibo card invited villagers will never move in permanently and of course the boomer devs at nintendo thought of a way to waste everyone's money before release

25 fucking dollars spent and I cant even get the few villagers i wanted, highkey dont want to even play again for a long ass time

wait what??? i bought all these cards for this game. what happens when you scan them in?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Time it took for someone to arrive:

3:08

Repeat 8x. It'll be a new hour by the time I get to the store, the the line to sell...

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've actually sat through multiple people joining someone's island. It's almost impressive how long it takes for everyone to arrive.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
-Turnip price 520
-Southern hemisphere
-Native Fruit Pears feel free to take them
-Looking for any fruit that isnt Pear lol

1C8J4

I'll be mostly afk.

I'll try again in 10 minutes, because the dodo is telling something about an error. I'm guessing because everyone is trying to enter at the same time or something.

KyleP29

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got any Oranges or Apples they want to share. Can come and drop off Peaches, Pears, or a small amount of Cherries.

Looking to visit some islands for the nook miles as well

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tools breaking is pretty irritating, and I'm only a week into the game. I can't Zen and relax and fish because my net breaks every 10 minutes.

I can't think of anything New Horizons is doing better than New Leaf did, and there are a couple areas like tool durability where it's clearly worse.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone got any Oranges or Apples they want to share. Can come and drop off Peaches, Pears, or a small amount of Cherries.

Looking to visit some islands for the nook miles as well

I'll DM you a dodo code, feel free to grab oranges and apples from trees. I could use a few more peaches and pears.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
My wife never played a AC game before so i bought it for her. She was unimpressed at first, a few hours have passed....

gi2y4390ji721.jpg

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
This morning I just found one of my villagers doing yoga! This game makes me so happy, is a great therapy ♥️

EUIpGlwUcAAhZVO.jpg:large

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Don't have any problem with tool durability. Branches, wood, and stones are easy to come to. Iron Nuggets are slightly less plentiful. I have a stockpile of the those 4 basics at this point. So crafting tools is just another thing to do in the game. Which is fine by me.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Had a productive time on a little island hunting for Stringfish. Managed to come away with three Sturgeons and two Cherry Salmon in the process! Finding a NookMiles island with elevation seems to be the ideal way to do it.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
By the way, I have yet to see my villagers talking to each other. That would happen a lot in NL. Did they remove that feature in NH?

I already thought that occurrence was super rare in NL coming from WW and CF, so to hear that it's seemingly even less common than that makes me sad. :(
I love their little conversations with each other.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
anyone from the Southern Hemisphere willing to let me come catch some sharks?

I'll bring cherries :)

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Is doing the Nook tours the only way to get Bamboo and non-native flowers?

I'd love to visit and trade some items. I have an abundance of oranges and could also offer a few cherries or pears. I'm really looking for bamboo and flowers other than roses, tulips, and pansies :)

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Boy, my sister sure is making me jealous with all her time-traveling antics. I know it needs to be a slow burn. I will not time travel. I will not time travel.
I just don't remember being so bored by the 4th day in previous AC games...

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've actually sat through multiple people joining someone's island. It's almost impressive how long it takes for everyone to arrive.

It's honestly baffling to me they put the whole interruption thing into online while developing this game and thought to themselves that it was okay and that nobody would be annoyed by it. If you just have a couple friends coming over then it's not too bad, but if you're sitting there waiting for a bunch of people to cycle through? Be ready to sit through endless arrival screens and being unable to move more than a few feet before another one pops up. I mean, even the visitors can't even leave when they want most of the time because they're also stuck being interrupted by new arrivals. The game is fantastic overall but the way the online works is strangely archaic compared to nearly any online co-op in other games where you can drop in and out without interruption or hassle. If there was one thing I'd like to them to fix with the game, it'd be to streamline online and just ditch most of the arrival screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.