• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
The resident services building just unlocked for me as well as the hourly music and oh my god. It feels like entering a new chapter in the game. 10AM theme has me vibing right now.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Golden tools still break, I believe
sure they break but they are stronger

By the way, I have yet to see my villagers talking to each other. That would happen a lot in NL. Did they remove that feature in NH?

This is one of the thing i FUCKING HATE. They do speak a little in New Leaf but not as much as in Wild World on Wii.
The only thing i saw them doing is singing together, but never seen them talk to each other

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Im starting to realize I hate the way my island is laid out and there is no amount of moving buildings I can do to save it.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Campsite is all built and open, but Nook Miles islands are still empty as they have been. Gonna be sad if I can't complete Project K in time for tomorrow cuz that'll be two Saturdays in a row without KK and that's harsh.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
In the actual special items stop shop? I only get the same one (red training equipment for example) but I have gotten other colors from friends and balloons that I can then order from the catalogue.

I am certain I have gotten different colors of the same clothing from the shopping terminal, yes. Can't speak to the furniture yet as I don't think I've seen a repeat, though.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
one more day and i finally get my residential services

i need some different fucking fruit tho god damn it

every island i visit is apples, peaches, and coconut 😑 I JUST WANT CHERRIES MAN

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Used to love when one of the rude villagers would upset the nice ones in a conversation and they would both stomp off in a huff

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone get glitches where things fall through the ground? I have a couple trees that the fruit just disappear. Also shot a present and it fell through the ground

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
PSA: If you cancel a bridge or incline project you won't be able to reattempt until the next day. Found that out the hard way.

Apparently it takes Nook a whole freaking day to walk over and take the barrier ropes down.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
By the way, I have yet to see my villagers talking to each other. That would happen a lot in NL. Did they remove that feature in NH?
No, of course they still talk together.
Once you'll have more than 5 villagers and with more bridges and everything to let them reunite more easily, we'll see it happen more.
It happened for the first time today for me, it was hella funny lol, a conversation between a normal and a jock.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I walked up to Mac and Plucky who were talking to each other. It all culminated in all three of us writing a song together (with choices of what my lines should be). So yeah they do. I think it might become more common with more villagers. They have so many different things they can do and meeting up is just one of them.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna repost something I posted in another thread because I want people to know how special this game has been, even if it's only been a week:

My brother has a girlfriend of a few years that I've never gotten to spend a lot of 1 on 1 time with. We live on opposite coasts and really only see each other at Christmas. I like her, we've just never really hung out.

So anyways, I guess two weeks ago they were at her childhood home and she found her old DS and got super nostalgic. So my brother decided to buy her a Switch as an early birthday present. I order Animal Crossing on Amazon but it looks like it's gonna be late so I just buy it digitally with the intention of returning it, but after hearing what my brother did, I decide to use the game as my birthday present to her. I included my friend code in the card.

This is now the most we've ever hung out and it's super fun. I made her a ladder and gave her some iron and showed her around my island. Today she texted me asking if I had bamboo trees, which I needed.

My brother then texted me saying how much it meant to him that we were doing this together.
This is lovely. Finding connections over seemingly frivolous things can be quite meaningful IMO.

Im starting to realize I hate the way my island is laid out and there is no amount of moving buildings I can do to save it.
Don't forget to eventually you'll unlock terraforming. Then you'll have much more control over the layout of your island.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Campsite is all built and open, but Nook Miles islands are still empty as they have been. Gonna be sad if I can't complete Project K in time for tomorrow cuz that'll be two Saturdays in a row without KK and that's harsh.
Villagers won't appear on those until you unlock the ability to sell plots of land.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I found a Mystery Island which had a central island surrounded by a circular pond. the island in the middle had 5 Money Rocks.

Earned about 70K, not too bad. Need to build up my money again though because I just paid off my 3rd mortgage for a room extension and a new bridge.

Gonna try to raise at least 300K before Sunday for the Stalk Market.

Ah that's weird, I need 30k but that's too way, maybe 5k?

I keep getting disconnected. I am sitting right next to my router, this is ridiculous.

I just dropped 2000, wanted to drop 3 more coin sacks, which would be a total of 5000 bells, just like we discussed. I don't even know if you received the 2000 bells because I was kicked again lol.

I want to pay debts, I am a fair player.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I realized when the campsite wouldn't be complete until tomorrrow I was probably screwed for K.K. again ;___; why

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
I keep getting disconnected. I am sitting right next to my router, this is ridiculous.

I just dropped 2000, wanted to drop 3 more coin sacks, which would be a total of 5000 bells, just like we discussed. I don't even know if you received the 2000 bells because I was kicked again lol.

I want to pay debts, I am a fair player.
Will be on later tonight, so then you can pay my debts. ;)

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Man, how do you guys manage to make villagers mad at you? They give me gifts every day.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017

With terraforming apparently you can shape your island in any way you want, except extreme cases like make the whole thing a river, but besides that you can do literally any shape of island you want.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone get glitches where things fall through the ground? I have a couple trees that the fruit just disappear. Also shot a present and it fell through the ground
This happens because the ground tile is "occupied" and the item can't "bounce" to an adjacent tile. Either weeds or another item is there and in surrounding tiles.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
How many animals can we have in town?

Any good Turnip prices? I'm anticipating a spike or flop at noon today.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
what's the deal with bridges? i've placed the first one but want more. maybe another 2. i have a crap load of log stake things but i can't craft a bridge anymore! can you only make a bridge when Nook allows it or will i eventually unlock the DIY plan?

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Golden tools still break, I believe

I heard after 200 uses? With how rare gold nuggets are, I may just not end up using them, I'm so used to replacing my shovel and fishing pole at this point.

what's the deal with bridges? i've placed the first one but want more. maybe another 2. i have a crap load of log stake things but i can't craft a bridge anymore! can you only make a bridge when Nook allows it or will i eventually unlock the DIY plan?

I believe you only get access to more than one bridge after you upgrade to the Town Hall. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
-Turnip price 520
-Southern hemisphere
-Native Fruit Pears feel free to take them
-Looking for any fruit that isnt Pear lol

1C8J4

I'll be mostly afk.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i can't wait to buy turnips this weekend! loved doing that in new leaf. i think i still have a notebook somewhere that i used to keep track of the prices :)

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
-Turnip price 520
-Southern hemisphere
-Native Fruit Pears feel free to take them
-Looking for any fruit that isnt Pear lol

1C8J4

I'll be mostly afk.

Invading your island in a while. So far the prices for turnips in my island have been quite dissapointing.
I'll leave some bells and most of my fruits (don't have cherries)

machine

Oct 25, 2017

It's less frequent but it happens. I ran across two villagers talking and when I interrupted, the jock told me he was giving the other one workout advice. He asked me if she should work on her arms or legs first. When I responded "arms" he agreed and started explaining why he agreed. It was pretty cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.