• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Quick question about growing trees. I read that they need one tile around then in the eight directions (so like a 3x3) in order to grow, but if they've already grown fully, does that still matter or will they still bear fruits like normal? Also, is it alright if those 3x3 spaces overlap?

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
You can also relocate any building except Resident Services and the airport.
Oh yeah, I relocated mine and totally forgot!

I wish there was a way to do more than one public works project at a time..or at least have multiple funding routes open? Getting the bridges I want is gonna be such a hassle.

Do we know if you can upgrade a bridge down the road, or do you just have to replace it outright?

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Soooo...tomorrow I will have my house completed (1 million debt).
Now on to customize my town all I want. Nook can wait for the last debt.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe you can't customise fences... I had a brick fences that is slightly orange while my outdoor oven is red and i can't even customise the color of the bricks for fuck sake

cbajd5

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question about growing trees. I read that they need one tile around then in the eight directions (so like a 3x3) in order to grow, but if they've already grown fully, does that still matter or will they still bear fruits like normal? Also, is it alright if those 3x3 spaces overlap?
Yes, fully grown trees still need the 3x3 space otherwise the game won't let you replant them. And yes, the 3x3 spaces can overlap. (So for example, you can have a row of trees, an empty row below them, and another row of trees below that empty row. You can maximize the number of trees in each row by just having one space between each tree too.)

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this the first game where degradation has legitimately annoyed me to no end lol. Usually, like BOTW, I'm good with it. I kinda like the excitement when I'm in a fight, my weapon breaks and you have that 'oh shit' moment while switching to something else.

This, while the game is fantastic, it just pisses me off when I'm watering flowers and ope my watering can died.
Why?
Why do you do this to me?

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I think this the first game where degradation has legitimately annoyed me to no end lol. Usually, like BOTW, I'm good with it. I kinda like the excitement when I'm in a fight, my weapon breaks and you have that 'oh shit' moment while switching to something else.

This, while the game is fantastic, it just pisses me off when I'm watering flowers and ope my watering can died.
Why?
Why do you do this to me?
For me it just motivates me to get the Golden tools

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. I placed a bridge, but the donations animal is on the wrong side where no one can get to them.

Dammit!

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any items that let you access your storage around the island? Similar to the wardrobe but for items? Running back to the house every time a tool breaks is such a pain

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, fully grown trees still need the 3x3 space otherwise the game won't let you replant them. And yes, the 3x3 spaces can overlap. (So for example, you can have a row of trees, an empty row below them, and another row of trees below that empty row. You can maximize the number of trees in each row by just having one space between each tree too.)
Thank you so much! That's such a relief to hear. I thought it was two spaces so I've been having trouble fitting some trees.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Much appreciated.

How the crafting, recipes, etc. for you? Lots of new options?

Oh yes, everyone gets the new options to spend miles on, and there are a lot! At this point about a week in, the recipe differences between me and my wife have sort of evened out since we find different recipes in bottles, presents, villagers, etc. all the time. We just craft for each other if one player finds something the other player wants.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Several days and 100 pieces of fish bait later, I finally have a stringfish. I'm all set for the month. Feels good.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yes, everyone gets the new options to spend miles on, and there are a lot! At this point about a week in, the recipe differences between me and my wife have sort of evened out since we find different recipes in bottles, presents, villagers, etc. all the time. We just craft for each other if one player finds something the other player wants.
Thanks!

Looking forward to it.

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
Native fruit: Peaches
Turnip price: 177
Hot item: classic pitcher
Dodo code: N156T
Please come and have fun! I dont necessarily need anything but bells would be appreciated, my island is Finopolis!

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna repost something I posted in another thread because I want people to know how special this game has been, even if it's only been a week:

My brother has a girlfriend of a few years that I've never gotten to spend a lot of 1 on 1 time with. We live on opposite coasts and really only see each other at Christmas. I like her, we've just never really hung out.

So anyways, I guess two weeks ago they were at her childhood home and she found her old DS and got super nostalgic. So my brother decided to buy her a Switch as an early birthday present. I order Animal Crossing on Amazon but it looks like it's gonna be late so I just buy it digitally with the intention of returning it, but after hearing what my brother did, I decide to use the game as my birthday present to her. I included my friend code in the card.

This is now the most we've ever hung out and it's super fun. I made her a ladder and gave her some iron and showed her around my island. Today she texted me asking if I had bamboo trees, which I needed.

My brother then texted me saying how much it meant to him that we were doing this together.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Do tropical islands give you flowers and fruits that aren't native to your town? I've spent like 12k miles on tours and haven't found a single pansy, rose or cosmo flower. I also haven't seen anything that's not an orange or a pear. Anyone want to trade fruits/flowers?

Oct 25, 2017
Iron wall lamps are the hot item today, and I am making massive cash. Going to pay off my expansion on the house, a ramp, and move the museum all in one day. This is great.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized when I get a basement I'm gonna turn it into an underground fight club and dress up as Vince McMahon

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Is there a list of what hot items to keep an eye out for that are actually worth making a lot of and selling? Most of the ones I've had were like 600-800 bells :/

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Do tropical islands give you flowers and fruits that aren't native to your town? I've spent like 12k miles on tours and haven't found a single pansy, rose or cosmo flower. I also haven't seen anything that's not an orange or a pear. Anyone want to trade fruits/flowers?
Getting a non-native fruit on your mystery island is rare

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
For me it just motivates me to get the Golden tools
They still break. In fact they are worse than regular tools, their durability is double however with regular tools you can use a customisation kit to change the colour (600 bells each) to fully reset the durability (saves on keeping stashes of materials with you) whereas golden tools supposedly cannot be customised.

Do you know if we can EVER move Resident Services? Or is it just for now?
Unless a patch occurs to add the option? Never.

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
Honestly I feel like we should have this info in a spoiler box in the OP or something so people don't waste Nook Miles tickets. Once you place down the 3 new houses and they are all sold you cannot encounter ANY new villagers on islands at all until after you have unlocked the campsite, invited the first visitor and you have the ability to build more housing plots. The earliest that can occur is 7-8 days after all 3 houses being sold, that means there is little reason to visit islands for over a week.

In addition to that at least your first 5 villagers are personality locked (you start with Jock and Sisterly), so the only ones you can encounter on the island prior to placing down the 3 houses are Peppy, Lazy and Normal. As an example, if you have 2 houses sold to a Lazy and Normal villager your islands will only contain Peppy until that 3rd one is locked down.

This definitely needs to be a PSA. All the Nook Miles Tickets people are wasting because that's how new villagers were introduced earlier in the game. Smh

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I guess Perfect Fruit just don't exist. I've not seen a single piece of evidence they do.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017

I got non native fruit in one island I've been to and a lot of hybrid flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.