• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, but if you're harvesting them every day it shouldn't be much of an issue. Be sure to dig holes behind you to make sure you get the full 9 hits out of each. Personally, I've only been to about 3 islands, now a week into my town, and haven't been blocked by resources. That said, once the work week hit I slowed my pace of progression considerably.

Rock tips: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...n_nuggets_clay_stones_bells_and_rock_respawns
Good idea on the hole. I've been just aiming to hit it at the right angle.

If you can't replace rocks, why allow them to be broken?

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked, but when you get the permit to change the structure of the island, can other people who play on your island on the same system use those tools too? Or just the "owner" of the island?

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When it says to look for sturgeon at river mouths what does that mean? Where the rivers dump out into the ocean?

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I feel fortunate about the fact I like all 5 of my neighbours so far, and have formed quite an attachment to them.

I'm looking forward to the day when Boots the crocodile and Stu the bull meet because one is all about exercise and the other is all about laziness.

Oh there's gonna be some drama.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Can you guys help me please? I was playing AC and I opened my island to all my friends. At some point I turned off the console (sleep mode) and once turned on the connection was rightly lost. The game reloaded and brought me back to a previous save, for exemple I lost messages left by mi friend. Is this normal?
Yup, that's what happens when you loose the connection for any reason. Been happening a lot to me during local play.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes and yes, though I did not think of the net idea. I'll do that!

My entire island has around six or seven, including the top levels. Can I do anything to add more? I constantly have to fly to other islands to get more. I didn't even know you could break the rocks.

This is on my own island, I'm past flimsy tools. They just break fairly often if I'm farming materials to do things like furnishing houses.

Hmm.
6-7 rocks at 8 hits each should use 56 uses, and the remaining 44 uses (at 3 hits per tree) should allow you to chop wood from 14 trees
A fresh stone axe should be able to chop wood from 33 trees

I don't know if I'd call that often. You're using a given tool a ton, and if you are farming for resources that often you should have more than enough to make new tools fairly easily, no?

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
5d2629a.jpg
Nightmare inducing.

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god. How do I actually place the incline? I've been running around cliffs for twenty minutes. What does it want from me?!

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.
6-7 rocks at 8 hits each should use 56 uses, and the remaining 44 uses (at 3 hits per tree) should allow you to chop wood from 14 trees
A fresh stone axe should be able to chop wood from 33 trees

I don't know if I'd call that often. You're using a given tool a ton, and if you are farming for resources that often you should have more than enough to make new tools fairly easily, no?
it's not so much the lack of resources to make a tool, it's just a bit annoying for it to happen at all. probably just need more DIY benches so I don't need to trek across the island to make a new shovel.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, so now that I'm more or less out of the tutorial, any way to guarantee certain villagers will want to join? I want Raymond, for instance.
Since Raymond doesn't have an amiibo currently, there is no guaranteed way to get him at the moment, unless you can invite villagers who are moving out of other towns into your town, like you could do in New Leaf.

For all villagers with working amiibos, you can invite them to your village via your campsite, but the amiibo option doesn't appear until you've received your first random campsite villager apparently.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
RIGHT? Do we know if either of those lists are random like the bell catalog? Should I be pouring miles out for the things I like, or can I practice self control? lmao
I have the same stuff as my partner when it comes to the items you can order for miles. It's also the same two days in a row (for me, first day for him). We have different colors for everything but mine is the same as it was yesterday so it seems you also have a set color per island?
I really hope there is a way to get more colors for these things without having to trade with lots of people :O

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've spent like 5 hours fishing for a gat dang stringfish, and still haven't gotten one. I guess a sliver lining is that I randomly caught an oarfish while I was digging up clams for the stringfish, but I'm still beginning to lose my mind over here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I have the same stuff as my partner when it comes to the items you can order for miles. It's also the same two days in a row (for me, first day for him). We have different colors for everything but mine is the same as it was yesterday so it seems you also have a set color per island?
I really hope there is a way to get more colors for these things without having to trade with lots of people :O

Thanks!

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I've spent like 5 hours fishing for a gat dang stringfish, and still haven't gotten one. I guess a sliver lining is that I randomly caught an oarfish while I was digging up clams for the stringfish, but I'm still beginning to lose my mind over here.
My wife finally caught one (we share a town) so I stopped trying so hard. At least the museum has one now.

These stupid nook miles tickets don't work for me. All the islands I've visited came with apples. It's always the same shit. I need pears, peaches and cherries. If somebody has these kind of fruits feel free to visit me. Code is 4BPTD.

I want 10 of each fruit. I can offer you 10 apples or bells. I am willing to pay 1000/piece, that's how desperate I am.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Just woke up to the resident services upgrade, and holy crap do they give you a bunch of awesome new stuff.

Having ANOTHER inventory upgrade is a god send.
Plenty of cool new DIY projects.
The ability to finally make bridges and slopes is amazing.
Relocating any building is awesome and fixes my issue of "I was forced to build my house in a confined preset area".
They even took into account you losing your streak for accessing the Nook Mile station and gave you an auto 7 day streak + 500 mile bonus.

I love the sense of progression in this game, it's just amazing and trickles it out at a rate that makes me feel like I'm making real and tangible progress.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got the updated resident services too! Now the game really opens up!!!! And I got the organizer. Holding 40 items is going to feel great!

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
These stupid nook miles tickets don't work for me. All the islands I've visited came with apples. It's always the same shit. I need pears, peaches and cherries. If somebody has these kind of fruits feel free to visit me. Code is 4BPTD.

I want 10 of each fruit. I can offer you 10 apples or bells. I am willing to pay 1000/piece, that's how desperate I am.
You only get one type of foreign fruit that maybe shows up around 25% of the time.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
Did everyone get an insane boost on their turnip price?, it's at 520 bells atm in my Island, I regret selling mines at 146 now lol

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Dang it weather clear up I want to hear the regular hourly music before I hear the rainy versions

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Funny story for you all. So, I've been grinding away for the sturgeon for days now, and I finally got it! Super stoked and...I already had it...I needed the Stringfish fffffffff. Back to grinding away haha

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Hey, guys! Azure Moon is open! I'll be AFK for the time being so fish away and sell your turnips!

- Southern hemisphere
- Turnip price: 126
- Hot item: natural garden table
- Nook's Cranny: freezer and some dolls
- Get any apples you want

If you could drop any bells I'd be more than delighted.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
Hey, guys! Azure Moon is open! I'll be AFK for the time being so fish away and sell your turnips!

- Southern hemisphere

[Hidden content]

on my way for the fish!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

- Southern hemisphere

[Hidden content]
On my way! :)

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Do the rare fish have a different shadow in the water?
Nope!
Thankfully though you can almost endlessly spawn fish with the addition of bait. You just keep trying/look for where there's a spawn you need and see if you can try to knock out 2 birds with one stone.

Speaking of; does anyone have a google doc with the different fish/bugs for the season? I've seen a few floating around but nothing that i really like, and I'd also love someone to have the list of fossils on there too. Where are those amazing people making the collection app ;-;

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Question: Once I hit 5 villagers I stopped encountering new ones with the Nook Miles Ticket. Before I waste more miles on this, does the 6th have to be from the campsite? Do I have to wait for people to visit?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
So have I gotten any of this wrong?
Every mystery island has your native fruit unless you reach the one special "exotic fruit" island which will always be the same non-native fruit every time you get it.
Every island has only three flowers available, the ones growing natively and two other buyable at the store. All mystery Islands will only have three three types on them too.
Every island has a set color scheme for all items with variations. If you get the same thing in the Stop/Cranny it will always be the same color. But you can find different colors in balloons (and maybe trees?)

Are there more things that are (or seems to be) set like this?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a log in the game for which fossils you've found/donated

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any testimonials about how nerfed Player 2 is once Residential Services show up? We don't get ours until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.