• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
This is my first AC, so don't kill me, but what the hell am I supposed to do with all my extra stuff that's taking up room in my inventory? Stuff like wood/hardwood/soft wood, whatever. Do I just drop it on the ground near my tent? Or is there a place to actually store this stuff?

store it in your house and then every time you upgrade your house, the house storage increases along with it. so,... youll eventually have a lot of storage space.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
This is my first AC, so don't kill me, but what the hell am I supposed to do with all my extra stuff that's taking up room in my inventory? Stuff like wood/hardwood/soft wood, whatever. Do I just drop it on the ground near my tent? Or is there a place to actually store this stuff?
I have a building table outside and the surrounding is full of the materials you need tou build, a little messy right now but will build something special for it in the future. Makes it faster to build stuff having the materials ready without carrying them everywhere.
When you get the house you can leave the inside in the house storage, but then its terrible to have to go in and out to build out (or go inside that menu if you build the building table inside).

OmegaNeon

Dec 16, 2019
the general universe
I like the detail in that even when he's in a suit his butt is still showing
Just another DK reference to that time in Smash 64 when they animated DK's ass
tumblr_mq8v32VdQU1qd9g7oo1_640.jpg

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I somehow got an island with very few rocks, and I'm constantly, constantly stung by wasps. Along with my tools constantly breaking, I'm kind of annoyed by this game, to be honest. Are there permanent remedies for this eventually? I'm about a week deep.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The 7 days tutorial is now over!
I can finally hear some good music, seriously what were they thinking about players hearing the same song for a whole week @-@

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I somehow got an island with very few rocks, and I'm constantly, constantly stung by wasps. Along with my tools constantly breaking, I'm kind of annoyed by this game, to be honest. Are there permanent remedies for this eventually? I'm about a week deep.

Shake the trees with the net equipped so that you can catch them before they stung you. Also are you using the medicine when you are stung?
Have you bought the DIY cards for the better equipment or are you still using the flimsy ones?

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Is it true your gear gets "repaired" when you re-paint it? Read it somewhere but I don't know if its true.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Argh... I accidentally buried 99k bells into the money tree hole. I only had 8k in my wallet, so I wanted to add those to my wallet to separate into 10k, but I clicked too quickly and hit "Bury in hole" turning them into a sprout...

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

How many do you mean by very few? I'm pretty sure there's a standard amount unless you are breaking them.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Argh... I accidentally buried 99k bells into the money tree hole. I only had 8k in my wallet, so I wanted to add those to my wallet to separate into 10k, but I clicked too quickly and hit "Bury in hole" turning them into a sprout...

There is a chance you may get a tree with 3x 99k bags. Unclear how often it happens but it may.

Oct 27, 2017
Upgrade past your flimsy tools if you can? Or just don't bring flimsy tools to islands without resources to craft the second level ones

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
definitely passed my spike for turnips in the week, which is good cause I sold 50% of them on that day. does anyone else have a price above 100 (preferably above 150) and can have me come visit to sell the rest? I can bring any starter fruit or cosmos if you need 'em.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone had luck catching an Ant or Fly? I feel like some games they'll spawn on trash or rotten turnips but not always both, and with info so sparse rn I just figured I'd ask here.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does isabelle do with the residents if you criticize them?

she talks to them but i didn't try to go all the way with it
Hopefully she evicts them. I complained 3x about my annoying villager.
You have one job Isabelle.
In past games villagers could wear custom pattern clothing and also change their catchphrase based on your suggestions. While I haven't seen it yet, those features are almost certainly still in New Horizons. I'm pretty sure complaining to Isabelle just resets them to their old catchphrase and clothing in case they're saying or wearing anything vulgar or inappropriate. At least that's how she makes it sound.

Last edited:

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
So I've never seen Mabel--either as a guest appearance in Nook's Cranny or otherwise. Am I screwed? A brief search through reddit indicates I am not alone. Very frustrating!

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This so much. I can't understand how they could possibly oversight something so obvious.
So far my one and only complaint.
Its not really an oversight. I can't think of any crafting game that doesn't require you to have the materials on you. At the very least Minecraft works this way, and that's the gold standard.

However, I think you should be able to access your storage if you're crafting inside your house. That just makes sense.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Its not really an oversight. I can't think of any crafting game that doesn't require you to have the materials on you. At the very least Minecraft works this way, and that's the gold standard.

However, I think you should be able to access your storage if you're crafting inside your house. That just makes sense.

Dragon Quest Builders

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
this game wants you to celebrate 10 birthdays

and there's another tier after this one?

At 5 neighbors, that's 2 years, minimum, to get that Nook Mile reward. And that's assuming nobody moves out and gets replaced with someone who already had their birthday

I can't even imagine how long the second third tier must take. Is it 20? Or did they just say "screw it, they'll play this game for a decade" and go to 50?

Feels like they didn't quite think this goal out when putting numbers on it

It should probably be 1 -> 3 -> 6, so you'd get it after 1 year of play, by celebrating everyone's birthday once

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had saved a ton of nook miles.... So many great items to decorate the town with. I need me some vending machines outside resident services!!

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
this game wants you to celebrate 10 birthdays

and there's another tier after this one?

At 5 neighbors, that's 2 years, minimum, to get that Nook Mile reward. And that's assuming nobody moves out and gets replaced with someone who already had their birthday

I can't even imagine how long the second third tier must take. Is it 20? Or did they just say "screw it, they'll play this game for a decade" and go to 50?

Feels like they didn't quite think this goal out when putting numbers on it

It should probably be 1 -> 3 -> 6, so you'd get it after 1 year of play, by celebrating everyone's birthday once
You can get up to 10 villagers :)

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shake the trees with the net equipped so that you can catch them before they stung you. Also are you using the medicine when you are stung?
Have you bought the DIY cards for the better equipment or are you still using the flimsy ones?
Yes and yes, though I did not think of the net idea. I'll do that!
How many do you mean by very few? I'm pretty sure there's a standard amount unless you are breaking them.
My entire island has around six or seven, including the top levels. Can I do anything to add more? I constantly have to fly to other islands to get more. I didn't even know you could break the rocks.

Upgrade past your flimsy tools if you can? Or just don't bring flimsy tools to islands without resources to craft the second level ones
This is on my own island, I'm past flimsy tools. They just break fairly often if I'm farming materials to do things like furnishing houses.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am so not musically inclined, but I think I pulled this off well enough.
Made my town tune the Ishgard theme from FFXIV.
nooknet.net

Nooknet - Island Tune Creator

This handy tool allows you to test & create the perfect Island Tune for your Animal Crossing: New Horizons island!

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so now that I'm more or less out of the tutorial, any way to guarantee certain villagers will want to join? I want Raymond, for instance.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
Can you guys help me please? I was playing AC and I opened my island to all my friends. At some point I turned off the console (sleep mode) and once turned on the connection was rightly lost. The game reloaded and brought me back to a previous save, for exemple I lost messages left by mi friend. Is this normal?
up

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
My entire island has around six or seven, including the top levels. Can I do anything to add more? I constantly have to fly to other islands to get more. I didn't even know you could break the rocks.

Nope, but if you're harvesting them every day it shouldn't be much of an issue. Be sure to dig holes behind you to make sure you get the full 9 hits out of each. Personally, I've only been to about 3 islands, now a week into my town, and haven't been blocked by resources. That said, once the work week hit I slowed my pace of progression considerably.

Rock tips: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...n_nuggets_clay_stones_bells_and_rock_respawns

Status
Not open for further replies.