• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
NPC came to tell me about shooting stars, I left the game idle watching the sky while I FaceTime with my GF for 2 hours and didn't see a single shooting star...

The RNG of this game hates my guts.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just caught two Stringfish in a row with my last two bait and I was just about to give up for the night.

:|

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
I was looking everywhere for Sly. Couldn't find him anywhere in the map. Turns out he likes to go on late night museum tours! I remember seeing someone post about not finding their villager. Make sure to check the buildings. Not sure if they can go in resident services or the shop, but they can go in the museums.

EUFphusU8AEXmQJ

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck a stringfish. I'm not putting my island life on hold to go clock in and work at finding this shit

Oct 26, 2017
Are Stringfish significantly rarer than Sturgeonfish?

I got a Sturgeon with my second bait last night and randomly caught another earlier, whereas it took about 40-50 bait to get a Stringfish.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Updates:

I got stung by a wasp. Went to the Nook family to sell things, including the wasp nest. Talked to Hazel the Squirrel. She gives a recipe for wasp sting medicine that requires the wasp nest I sold. FML.

Rearranged my tent's furnishings to make it look more like a cogent human being lives there, with a campfire outside for that finishing touch. KK Slider is on all the time.

Otherwise been having a ball fishing and unlocking Nook miles. Almost at the 5000 needed to "pay off" this damn bill. Got a bunch of new wood recipes from Nook that I'm going to definitely use tomorrow to spice things up.

My life is going down the drain with cute animals and oranges.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Updates:

I got stung by a wasp. Went to the Nook family to sell things, including the wasp nest. Talked to Hazel the Squirrel. She gives a recipe for wasp sting medicine that requires the wasp nest I sold. FML.

Rearranged my tent's furnishings to make it look more like a cogent human being lives there, with a campfire outside for that finishing touch. KK Slider is on all the time.

Otherwise been having a ball fishing and unlocking Nook miles. Almost at the 5000 needed to "pay off" this damn bill. Got a bunch of new wood recipes from Nook that I'm going to definitely use tomorrow to spice things up.

My life is going down the drain with cute animals and oranges.

Sounds like a good way to go down the drain if you ask me!

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I was looking everywhere for Sly. Couldn't find him anywhere in the map. Turns out he likes to go on late night museum tours! I remember seeing someone post about not finding their villager. Make sure to check the buildings. Not sure if they can go in resident services or the shop, but they can go in the museums.

EUFphusU8AEXmQJ
Yeah I found Audie in the museum once. She is adorable!

6u7ei3a.jpg

k0x86yS.jpg

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have the Western Desert Flooring?

Not feeling up to spending tomorrow hopping to peoples islands who have Saharah and hoping she gives it to me if I dont have to lol.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Jeeeeeeeeesus Christ.

I've gone through dozens of bait but still don't have a stringfish. It's the last March animal I need. Going insane.

Now I'm throwing bait and it's not even generating new fish. (Yes, I'm doing it in the cliff water.)

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Hey I've got 4 people on the island in my home. My son was the one who started before any of us. Is he the only one that can make the island grow? Tom Nook only asks him about the animals he has caught and only Timmy accepts stuff from him to build the store. We all can't help?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf. Turned the game on, walked down from my house and was able to instantly catch a sturgeon without bait or anything. alrighty then.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I started this today and went in mostly blind.

I had no idea this franchise works off real time? I'm walking around an empty island and the NPCs are sleeping lol....

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey I've got 4 people on the island in my home. My son was the one who started before any of us. Is he the only one that can make the island grow? Tom Nook only asks him about the animals he has caught and only Timmy accepts stuff from him to build the store. We all can't help?

that's correct. He is the island representative.

this is a common complaint with the game.
hoping it gets patched so all players can contribute to island goals.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Island Residents can contribute little by little."

Is this their way of telling me villagers are gonna be just like New Leaf and barely pay anything for works projects again lol

Oct 27, 2017
Flick is the best omg

he buys bugs for 1.5x their selling price (emperor butterflies for 6K, tarantulas for 12K, etc) and with all the flowers in my town the butterflies were OUT

made like 200K in an hour or so for very little effort - onto the 500K loan

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Wee! Isabelle and new music are here! So many new things, will be checking them out later when I've got more time. There's plenty of cool new stuff at the ABD and I was weirdly excited that I can finally buy a street lamp to match the earlier one I got from one of my villagers. Also, there are vending machines! Some more cool zen stuff too~ I really wanna make a bamboo grove now! Definitely gonna put a hot spring there, I think I saw something like that in the shop. It's just a shame I can't put my bamboo trees too close to each other if I want them to grow shoots daily.

Oct 25, 2017
Fishing is definitely the best.

I went to the dock earlier today and in twenty minutes went Marlin, Tuna, Marlin, Tuna, just dropping about 25 bait to get those.

Then I log on just now and immediately see and capture a tarantula.

Now if only I could see these shooting stars that everyone else is talking about.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fishing is definitely the best.

I went to the dock earlier today and in twenty minutes went Marlin, Tuna, Marlin, Tuna, just dropping about 25 bait to get those.

Then I log on just now and immediately see and capture a tarantula.

Now if only I could see these shooting stars that everyone else is talking about.

If you talk to your villagers and they tell you there will be a meteor shower tonight, then you'll get the chance to see lots of shooting stars.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have the Western Desert Flooring?

Not feeling up to spending tomorrow hopping to peoples islands who have Saharah and hoping she gives it to me if I dont have to lol.

I did but I gifted it to a villager yesterday. Tried to go order another one from the terminal but it says it's not for sale. Sorry bud, I tried. :/

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Does anyone have a list of the bamboo seasonal recipes? I think I'm still missing a few and wanna grab em before the end of the month

Also tomorrow the campsite is set up so it's time to go villager hunting!!!

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only item I would ever consider doing the dupe trick with, is bait. Fucking hell, let me craft in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.