• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

Oct 25, 2017
anyone know what i should do with extra recipes? i already learned "bamboo lamp" a couple days ago and found it again on the beach. i don't understand what i should do with it aside from sell it?

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Progression question(s) for time travelers (since I'm one day ahead of the pack):
So there doesn't seem to be much direction after I've built the campsite. When I ask Nook what to do, he just says to make the island more beautiful by planting flowers, picking weeds, etc. What is my actual objective here? How do I know when I've done enough? Cause my island is already pretty damn beautiful...

There's a section of my island on which I've purposely left weeds laying around-- will I need to pull those?
Yeah you'll probably need to pull those weeds.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
anyone know what i should do with extra recipes? i already learned "bamboo lamp" a couple days ago and found it again on the beach. i don't understand what i should do with it aside from sell it?

I have a couple duplicate recipes, but I can't sell them at the store; it doesn't give me the option. I guess I can trade or give them away.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Mis price @game.co.uk digital edition

£31:99

Says £59:99 in shop but at checkout reduces to £31:99

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I got my shooting stars last night! I pressed a on tons of them to be sure I'd get my star bits.

... There's no star bits on my island. Wtf?

Malakiax

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone currently hosting Sahara? Was trying to get a Western Desert floor, I just lost it in a connection.

I feel kind of dumb, I would have kept all that stuff if I would have just left, but some people cut in front of me before I was done so I waited around like an idiot.
Sahara is in my island, pm if you still need it.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
I'm opening my town, I have a freebie stall out the front for anyone who wants free stuff (its all stuff I don't have storage space for but is catalogue-able)
If people want to give me anything in return, I'm accepting white tulip & white windflower seeds don't need seeds anymore also wow I must have picked a time that NA/EU are active

Last edited:

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Lol caught a char and finished my 100 casts in a row while trying to get this dang stringfish.

Still. No. Stringfish. WTF?

Feb 18, 2020
California
I have a question about bridge/slope building. When you ask to build one of the two, Nook states that all the residents can pitch in and donate to the construction costs. Does that mean that all the actual villagers will donate to it or is that just to say that if you have multiple players on your island they can all donate?

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I know there are a lot of wrestling fans on here... if anyone wants to stop by to get this highly collectable figure, let me know.

EUECRx9UMAEjnrO

Closed the gate!

Last edited:

Florist

Oct 28, 2017
Boston, Ma
Turnips for 176 bells per on the Isle of Grath!

(I keep getting cherries and oranges on every mystery island I visit. Any other fruit would be greatly aporecuated)

JTKTM

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I have a question about bridge/slope building. When you ask to build one of the two, Nook states that all the residents can pitch in and donate to the construction costs. Does that mean that all the actual villagers will donate to it or is that just to say that if you have multiple players on your island they can all donate?
In New Leaf your villagers will pitch in a few hundred bells. But anyone who visits or lives on your island can help too.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This Stringfish is my nemesis.

Sturgeon is no issue, I went to a smaller island on a trip and just checking the river mouth, if it was a small fish I'd scare it and try again. So fewer fish to spawn, so it turned up after about 10 minutes.
I just can't find a stringfish at all!

I've even had large fish show up in my higher rivers, they've always been trash! Yesterday I used 30 baits, found multiple giant shadows, and they were trash! I have now completed the cleaning Nook Mile achievement at least, and have learned multiple recipes for making more trash, I guess.
Fuck this fish.

Also why is the black bass spawning at the top of the island. Go back to where you belong.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... Those are two separate fish. Join me in my despair to catch a stringfish.
I know that a sturgeon is different from a stringfish, but I caught something this afternoon that matches all the properties of a stringfish (active months, active time, location and my character being very happy to have caught one) but it really doesn't look like the stringfish I can find online and is called a "huchen" (I'm playing the German version).

The stringfish is also called "Japanese huchen", though, so I'm pretty sure I've caught one. It looks like this:

2020032617355600-02cb0jjgr.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
I know that a sturgeon is different from a stringfish, but I caught something this afternoon that matches all the properties of a stringfish (active months, active time, location and my character being very happy to have caught one) but it really doesn't look like the stringfish I can find online and is called a "huchen" (I'm playing the German version).

The stringfish is also called "Japanese huchen", though, so I'm pretty sure I've caught one. It looks like this:

2020032617355600-02cb0jjgr.jpg

Yep! That's the string fish!

Status
Not open for further replies.