• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
So Rocket just gave me a Utility Pole and told me to put it up. Is that necessary for progression, or has she just given me the ugliest gift ever?

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
My play session last night:
  • I guess I'll play for 20 mins
  • Waiting for my last resident so I'll make a wooden bed and finally dump the camping cot
  • I need wood so I'll chop that
  • Oh is that a
    ghost
    ??
  • Complete the sidequest above and get a swish new wallpaper
  • See one of my friends has their gate open
  • Go visit them and got the last fruits I need for my island
  • Plant them and earn some nook miles
  • Oh I might as well tick off my daily tasks
  • It's about 90 minutes later now so I log off and go to bed
  • 10 mins later... Oh I didn't even make that wooden bed.
  • *Switch Boot Noise*

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I think they need to tweak is whatever they're using to calculate which fruit appears on mystery islands.

I started with Apples and have taken about 10 trips now. One island featured bamboo, two or three cherries and the rest were apples. Not a single orange, peach or pear. Just had apples twice in a row, again. Starting to get annoying now spending miles on tickets just for the same fruit trip after trip.

I think it might be encouraging people to visit other players' islands/trading?

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
www.youtube.com

All 500+ QR Code Designs - Animal Crossing New Horizons ACNH & ACNL

- All Timestamps are in the pinned comment! -These are ALL the QR Code Designs I gathered in the last weeks. Thank you very much for so many views, subscribt...

I imagine this has been posted here already, but this is a great resource for QR code outfits.

On that note, anyone see one for an X-men uniform? I have come up empty looking.

That is a great video.

Also, for pathways/walkways/etc. this tumblr is excellent: https://acnlpaths.tumblr.com/

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
So Resident Services is being upgraded, do I lose my daily login bonus streak on the ABD? Also, I planted a ton of cherry trees like 3 days ago and none of them have cherries even though they are grown, what am I doing wrong?

ALSO: I got an acoustic guitar, best recipe I have gotten yet. I can build it for anyone if they give me the materials.

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this on twitter and thought it'd be a fun laugh - I had blocked out how rude villagers used to be in the DS/GC days

EUCyzmFXgAEs3T1

EUCyzmGXkAA3Y36

ET-Wm6XX0AAiSoS

As a child this always pissed me off but as a grumpy adult myself, this type of writing would be so awesome ;_;

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this on twitter and thought it'd be a fun laugh - I had blocked out how rude villagers used to be in the DS/GC days

EUCyzmFXgAEs3T1

EUCyzmGXkAA3Y36

ET-Wm6XX0AAiSoS

As a child this always pissed me off but as a grumpy adult myslef, this type of writing would be so awesome ;_;

I miss it, but apparently little children are easy to cry so they toned it down (even though I enjoyed it as a kid on the GC version)

Oct 29, 2017
Hi all, I have a question for any people who got the game even before I did or time travellers (I'm on day 9 or 10, I think?):

"Late"-game villager recruitment spoilers:
I just invited Julian to my village using the campsite (I also put his plot down, so I assume he'll move in tomorrow) and he'll be my 6th villager.

My question: Tom Nook just told me something about setting down new plots and inviting new villagers in, does anyone know how this works? Do I just pay for the plot and build it, and then a random villager moves in unless I invite someone? And if so, does anyone know how much time do I have to invite someone in? I ask so that I can amass some Nook Mile tickets and hope I can get invite of my favorites in, or if I can just take it easy and hope that I get someone good in the campsite while having the plot available with no risk of someone nasty moving in.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
So Resident Services is being upgraded, do I lose my daily login bonus streak on the ABD? Also, I planted a ton of cherry trees like 3 days ago and none of them have cherries even though they are grown, what am I doing wrong?

ALSO: I got an acoustic guitar, best recipe I have gotten yet. I can build it for anyone if they give me the materials.

I think you may have to wait one more day for the cherries

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
So, I've not really played Animal Crossing since the Gamecube, but I've got a physical copy of New Horizons arriving on Saturday.

But I have an important question:

I have one Switch (the original version), but my girlfriend really wants to play Animal Crossing because she thinks it sounds fun and a lot of her friends are playing it.

It is my understanding that you can only have one Island/main Animal Crossing profile on a Switch console. Is that correct?

We had already been considering picking up a Switch Lite as well. If we got one of those, and registered it as her primary system, would we be able to use the one physical copy of Animal Crossing to have two different save files/islands on the two different Switches, or would we also need to buy another copy of the game?

Also, my girlfriend has a profile and Nintendo Account on my Switch. I have the Nintendo Online Family Plan. If we did get a Switch Lite and made that her primary system, would she still have Nintendo Online or would we need two individual accounts?

Any help would be appreciated. This all seems unnecessarily confusing.

Sep 24, 2019
The attention to detail still amazes me. The fact that Nook and Isabelle are actually working in the town hall before coming to the counter when you need something is just great.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
So, I've not really played Animal Crossing since the Gamecube, but I've got a physical copy of New Horizons arriving on Saturday.

I have one Switch (the original version), but my girlfriend really wants to play Animal Crossing because she thinks it sounds fun and a lot of her friends are playing it.

It is my understanding that you can only have one Island/main Animal Crossing profile on a Switch console. Is that correct?

We had already been considering picking up a Switch Lite as well. If we got one of those, and registered it as her primary system, would we be able to use the one physical copy of Animal Crossing to have two different save files/islands on the two different Switches, or would we also need to buy another copy of the game?

Also, my girlfriend has a profile and Nintendo Account on my Switch. I have the Nintendo Online Family Plan. If we did get a Switch Lite and made that her primary system, would she still have Nintendo Online or would we need two individual accounts?

Swapping between the physical cartridge should work just fine, as should the NSO family plan (though someone should check my facts on that one)

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Got an island with only big fish spawns but it's not raining or after 4 pm, soooo craptons of bass, the occasional red snapper or olive flounder and a sturgeon when I can chase away enough river bass. God I wish it were raining or I had waited a few hours...

Fake edit: whoa a marlin

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Aw crap. Anyone have some spare pears they can let me have? My in game mom sent me some on Day 2, and I planted them, but I think I accidentally chopped down the pear trees the day before the tree began bearing fruit lol.

Happy to trade any other fruit in return (except oranges, the trees are still growing).

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017

• You could both use the same physical game on different Switches but obviously not at the same time. No data is ever written to cartridges on Switch
  • if she's on your family plan she's good to go

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I have Mabel in town.

eucufbwu8auep1ruijyu.jpg

Gates will be open for at least the next two and a half hours and probably again later today. No need to rush to CNF5T.

Don't take the fences personally. I had someone plucked a hybrid flower last time I invited strangers.

EDIT! Mabel proved more popular than I expected. New procedure is as follows: I'll open the gate, if we hit 3 visitors at once, I'll close it. Once a group is done with their shopping and left, I'll open the gate again.

Repeat until rush hour is over, then I'll keep the doors open.

Dodo code for now: CGPRD

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Man the RNG on these Nook Miles islands are rough. Been to ten now, each with the same fruit as I have natively on my island (Pear).

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Swapping between the physical cartridge should work just fine, as should the NSO family plan (though someone should check my facts on that one)
  • You could both use the same physical game on different Switches but obviously not at the same time. No data is ever written to cartridges on Switch
  • if she's on your family plan she's good to go
Great! Thank you folks. I'll go ahead and order the Switch Lite as well, then.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I have Mabel in town.

eucufbwu8auep1ruijyu.jpg

Gates will be open for at least the next two and a half hours and probably again later today. No need to rush to CNF5T.

Don't take the fences personally. I had someone plucked a hybrid flower last time I invited strangers.

you got really nice clothes, everything she brought yesterday to my town was trash :(

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017

Would love a guitar. What mats do you need, and is there any fruit you need?

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
They announce Leif is coming back for a special event. But still no news about any updates beyond special events. Bring back Brewster (permanently not just as some time limited event).

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I have Mabel in town.

eucufbwu8auep1ruijyu.jpg

I will probably swing by for those spicy clothes. Thanks for being open!

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I have Mabel in town.

eucufbwu8auep1ruijyu.jpg

I'll probably wait a bit and come for the hoodie and kamen suit. Really nice of you to open up.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Would love a guitar. What mats do you need, and is there any fruit you need?
It's just 8 softwood and 3 iron nuggets. I actually have a decent amount so I crafted one for you, as far as fruit I have coconuts, oranges, and cherries, if you have anything different I could use a few to plant some trees. My FC is 7713-5365-0221 and my island is open

Status
Not open for further replies.