• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
When AC imitates life:
ET_T63MUUAA_sT-

ET_T63KUcAEh-rb

Gila Moo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping that a future update will allow for Splatoon amiibo to become compatible. Would like to invite Cece and Viche back to my island

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love to have Ganon and Epona

I'm surprised you can't even get posters of them. The Sanrio promo neighbors can, but not the Nintendo promos (or Felyne)
Note: The posters you get from scanning the Sanrio amiibos aren't of the villagers themselves, unfortunately. Instead it's the special Sanrio x AC artwork that's featured on the back of the cards.

The definitely need to bring back all the special villagers again though, and hopefully add some more too.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you land the bobber in front of the fish so they take notice. Wait until the bobber goes completely down and you hear the loud splash then hit the A button once. If you're quick enough you'll catch it. You don't have to mash the button or anything. A lot of people think it's easier to not even look at the screen and just listen for the noise.

...I've been mashing this whole time.

I probably shouldn't be surprised by how much I've forgotten, it's been nearly 7 years since New Leaf, but it still feels weird to realize I've not remembered something basic. My Joycon buttons thank you, regardless! Now if only I could get them to stop having weird connection issues... I usually do handheld for everything but want to use the dock for this game most of the time, since it looks so nice, but I can just tell it's gonna screw me over trying to get stuff.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
My sister went to a random island and it was covered in orange, pink and black lillies.

She brought like 20 back, since launch I've acquired 2 black and 1 pink.

All my effort arranging flowers feels wasted now lmao.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Note: The posters you get from scanning the Sanrio amiibos aren't of the villagers themselves, unfortunately. Instead it's the special Sanrio x AC artwork that's featured on the back of the cards.

The definitely need to bring back all the special villagers again though, and hopefully add some more too.
Kass - Eagle villager from scanning a BotW amiibo
Cucco - Chicken villager from scanning any of the "child" styled Link amiibo (Young Link, Majora's Mask Link, Link's Awakening Link)
Diddy - Monkey villager from scanning a Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong
K Rool - Croc villager from scanning a K Rool amiibo
Crocomire - Croc villager from scanning any Metroid character amiibo
Blooper - Octopus villager from scanning any Mario enemy amiibo (Goomba, Koopa, Boo or Piranha Plant)
Litten - Cat villager from scanning any Pokemon amiibo

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone with an OG Switch feel like they now own a jet? I mostly played handheld, but this game I'm mostly playing TV.

Don't feel prepared for takeoff, but that exhaust is roaring.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Then they stop when you accept the quest to build the houses.
No, I saw an ant eater last night on an island after I accepted the quest. I think I had completed the first house at that time. I was thinking that I would build a house hen go try to find someone to put into it, one at a time. But apparently not.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My sister went to a random island and it was covered in orange, pink and black lillies.

She brought like 20 back, since launch I've acquired 2 black and 1 pink.

All my effort arranging flowers feels wasted now lmao.
So, my question, is there a guide on crossbreeding flowers? Didn't know it was a thing till yesterday lol

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just made 5 Slingshots, bought 5 more, and have scattered them across my island.

I'm never missing a Balloon gift again :p

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with an OG Switch feel like they now own a jet? I mostly played handheld, but this game I'm mostly playing TV.

I don't really hear my Switch at all docked. I had it running at work in handheld earlier so people could connect to it and didn't hear the fan then either.

I muted my TV and I can hear it a bit, but it's very quiet.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
...I've been mashing this whole time.

I probably shouldn't be surprised by how much I've forgotten, it's been nearly 7 years since New Leaf, but it still feels weird to realize I've not remembered something basic. My Joycon buttons thank you, regardless! Now if only I could get them to stop having weird connection issues... I usually do handheld for everything but want to use the dock for this game most of the time, since it looks so nice, but I can just tell it's gonna screw me over trying to get stuff.
I've played every AC since the GC version (including at least 15 hours of this one) and I had no idea until I saw a streamer do it yesterday. Although, maybe it hasn't always worked this way.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I'm still waiting to relocate my house to my island.

A few questions. How many days does it take to get the ability? Does the move happen immediately or the next day? And does it cost anything?

Thank you.
Pretty much once you get the main hall upgraded. Move happens the day after, and it costs 30k.
Nice. Is that the bed-head hair?
Yep! Had to time travel for it cuz I wasn't gonna not play the game for two weeks lol.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Quick question to anyone who has unlocked terraforming -

the spot where I want to build a bridge the river is slightly uneven. When I unlock terraforming can I smooth out the river bank or can I never build a bridge here?

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France

Definitely. When you undocked it it is so hot. And the battery drain is as worst as BoTW.
Are people commonly cheating by skipping their system clocks forward? Is that still a thing? Last AC game I played was on gamecube, and I'll admit to turning the clock forward. If I play the new one I absolutely won't be doing that.
Yep, some.
I had no idea how Animal Crossing worked before I started playing New Horizons. I hadn't even seen any footage besides whatever commercials Nintendo was showing on TV.

I love that the game is based on real world time except that I'm Barely getting to enjoy day time during the week due to work and whatnot. It's a mad dash to try to do what I need to do before Nook's Cranny shuts down.

Makes me tempted to do the opposite of most and move my clock back 3 hours so I can get some more day time activity in.
I finish work at 8pm so I can start playing around 8:30 or 9:00. With lock down, I can play a bit at 13:00.
So I move the clock back 4 hours. That means 9:00 at lunch and 17:00 at evening. It works great, especially because night time come quick in the game.
Where did you get the bamboo wand from?
Others said it but balloon for me. A lot of bomboo recipe from balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.