• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'm looking for Peaches, it's the last fruit I need. Anybody wanna lemme have a couple via Dodo code?

I have pears, but my other fruit trees are still growing. I'm not sure what I could trade otherwise atm.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My room

20200325_154124.jpg

Cool!

sirostro

Dec 8, 2017
Finally got the 100 Cast Master achievement. After failing several times somewhere at around 60, once at 89 and once at 91.

Maybe I can now enjoy the game after two or three days of suffering.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't played an Animal Crossing game since GameCube. Ive noticed so far 4days in that your neighbors really don't have you do things for each other like the GameCube version did. Even if it was just minimal "hey can you send this to this person" it at least gave me a reason to interact.

will I eventually get that type of interaction here, mainly my convos consist of one or two sentences and that's it

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
This thread is already hella long so sorry if it's been asked already but I'm at the part where you have to lay 3 plots down for new visitors. I've done this and I have also provided each with the 6 furnishings they need, but talking to Tom just gets his usual "I need you to place these plots down" dialogue. Do I just wait til tomorrow or am I missing something?

This is the first time I've actually played through an Animal Crossing game and I'm enjoying it so far! Just waiting til I get tbe resources to really go crazy on my island.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
This thread is already hella long so sorry if it's been asked already but I'm at the part where you have to lay 3 plots down for new visitors. I've done this and I have also provided each with the 6 furnishings they need, but talking to Tom just gets his usual "I need you to place these plots down" dialogue. Do I just wait til tomorrow or am I missing something?

If all three plots are set up properly, when you see Tom Nook, he should tell you about the fact you can read the sign on each plot to see who it is.
I'd make sure the exterior objects are all being registered properly.

Sep 24, 2019
The online presence of New Horizons is also something else.

Its huge on Twitch and YouTube and Twitter, also popps up on Reddit.
Basically its everywhere.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Calling all Stalk Marketeers. While the trading window for this week is still far from over. What's everyone's take thus far in the ol' turnip trade?

ET-_0NyUYAAwzc7

Total take was 6,793,200 - 972,000 investment. 108 Stacks bought at 90 and sold at 629.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

This is the first time I've actually played through an Animal Crossing game and I'm enjoying it so far! Just waiting til I get tbe resources to really go crazy on my island.

Make sure you check the sign outside each house for the exterior item requirements. It'll show a check mark for each that's recognized and say something when you've satisfied them all. It's very picky; it wants you to place all the objects in that overly wide rectangle of space around each house that it showed you before, and decided it needed to delete all the trees/flowers in.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
If all three plots are set up properly, when you see Tom Nook, he should tell you about the fact you can read the sign on each plot to see who it is.
I'd make sure the exterior objects are all being registered properly.
Make sure you check the sign outside each house for the exterior item requirements. It'll show a check mark for each that's recognized and say something when you've satisfied them all. It's very picky; it wants you to place all the objects in that overly large span of space around each house that it showed you before, and decided it needed to delete all the trees/flowers in.
They're being registered by the drop boxes. Even got a little animation and some dialogue saying I did everything for the plots. But Nook still just says he needs me to set them up. I have got to be missing something lmao

EDIT: Here's my room currently
91142285_10104826954351878_936248874199154688_o.jpg

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Calling all Stalk Marketeers. While the trading window for this week is still far from over. What's everyone's take thus far in the ol' turnip trade?

Total take was 6,793,200 - 972,000 investment. 108 Stacks bought at 90 and sold at 629.
I made about 120,000 this week. Not a ton, but enough that I should be able to get my third loan payment taken care of today I think.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

ET-_0NyUYAAwzc7

pardon my stupidity, but that's 1000 turnips right?

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to let me craft more than one fish bait at a time...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They're being registered by the drop boxes. Even got a little animation and some dialogue saying I did everything for the plots. But Nook still just says he needs me to set them up. I have got to be missing something lmao

Hmm... I guess do the check for each interior list too? And make sure you didn't accidentally move/take any of the exterior items after you did the check? That's all I can think of, huh.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'm looking for Peaches, it's the last fruit I need. Anybody wanna lemme have a couple via Dodo code?

I have pears, but my other fruit trees are still growing. I'm not sure what I could trade otherwise atm.
I've got some of everything. If you can wait a few hours I can help you out, just ping me on PM if you don't get someone to help. My gf and friends and I all traded around Day 1 so we've had trees going for days of all the different fruits. :)

That confused me too. You should have gotten a jingle and a little dance when you finished the last of the three plots, and next DAY they'll celebrate them being done. It's really weird and confusing. I time skipped to confirm and then jumped back because I was worried I broke the game.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Hmm... I guess do the check for each interior list too? And make sure you didn't accidentally move/take any of the exterior items after you did the check? That's all I can think of, huh.
I just closed the game out and rebooted it and it worked! The only thing I can imagine is I had my gates open and it might not move forward with story stuff if they are? That's the only thing different as far as I can tell.

Here's my yard. Will probably devote way too much time to landscaping so I can have the look I want without everything being hidden behind trees haha
90347858_10104827983459538_4131728448211124224_o.jpg

When I feel like I have a decent island and am not feeling so awkward I'll invite ppl over

Status
Not open for further replies.