• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Star wand is a bit annoying - you have to give up your clothes to use it? I want my PJs and raincoat hung up on the wall but if I add them to a wand wheel they get removed from my inventory

big lack of tables too - give me some side tables for putting stuff on, and some coffee tables..
I've had to just put stuff on TV trays for the time being. haha

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Do Nook Miles islands always only have your native fruit on them? Because 6 out of 6 islands I've visited have all had oranges.

Also, is there any way to use crafting materials in storage for DIY stuff instead of taking them out into my inventory? Cause that's a pain.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My kids just started the game and I think I'm going to join in as well. At the moment it seems all they can do is catch bugs and fish. Will trying to attempt those little Nook Mile challenges do anything? Do I try to get to that 5,000 before they can start expanding their island?

nook miles definitely worth doing - the dailies are a good way to prompt you into stuff you'd normally be doing anyway, and the bigger targets you'll hit naturally so don't worry too much about them. In the early game you'll want a decent number of miles to unlock a bigger inventory space and other things. Shortly after that you'll be spending 2,000 at a time to visit other islands for getting materials.

Jun 26, 2018
Do Nook Miles islands always only have your native fruit on them? Because 6 out of 6 islands I've visited have all had oranges.

Also, is there any way to use crafting materials in storage for DIY stuff instead of taking them out into my inventory? Cause that's a pain.

No, you can get other fruits, but it's rare-ish, I think...

In regards to question 2, not as far as I know

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

usually but not always - had one yesterday and one today that had other fruit which is worth around 30k to sell (or good to plant back at home). Note that if you're going to plant, worth considering just digging up the trees with fruit on - will save you a few days if they don't have to grow from fruit

Oct 27, 2017
Question for those of you a day or two ahead of me: When Resident Services closes, can you still find a way to access the ATM so that you can keep your daily log-in bonus going?

Because I need to keep every possible stream of getting more Nook Miles as open as possible.
I forgot about this when I was told Resident Services was expanding and closing for a day. I want to know this too!

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
i hate how the raccoon child immediately charges at you if you buy anything. leave me alone!

edit pirate bae i have like a hundred bamboo shoots can i come to your island
Yessss

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Open to anyone who needs cherries and shit turnip prices

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
so i assume nintendo has left open the option to add more apps to the nook phone.

i have 10 right now. and each page shows 9.
so either im missing a bunch or they just designed it so only one app was on the second page. lol. seems odd.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
so i assume nintendo has left open the option to add more apps to the nook phone.

i have 10 right now. and each page shows 9.
so either im missing a bunch or they just designed it so only one app was on the second page. lol. seems odd.
I think we know of 12 apps currently in the game, but there may be more and there's a chance they'll add more over time too.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, posted this previously, but as the thread moves so quickly; turnips are being sold on my island at 347 - Dodo code 9DMW4 .

Gvitor had a higher amount and was hosting on the Discord, not sure if they're still open / if their turnip prices have changed.

Nooks' Cranny is open for another two hours. delete12345, sorry, I got mixed up and thought the shop closed at 8pm. If there's no one else around with a higher turnip price and you can get on before 6pm your time, you're welcome to come and sell your turnips.
Still open? I'm at work and have no idea if I'll actually be able to connect through our firewall, but I'm desperate enough to give it a shot if you're still around.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, posted this previously, but as the thread moves so quickly; turnips are being sold on my island at 347 - Dodo code 9DMW4 .

Gvitor had a higher amount and was hosting on the Discord, not sure if they're still open / if their turnip prices have changed.

Nooks' Cranny is open for another two hours. delete12345, sorry, I got mixed up and thought the shop closed at 8pm. If there's no one else around with a higher turnip price and you can get on before 6pm your time, you're welcome to come and sell your turnips.
Hey, is this offer still available? Trying to connect and it's not working.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm officially done with Shari. She started with the "You again? Is this island not big enough for both of us?" snark and brought it up a notch with "Isn't there someone else you can talk with?"

Hit her with the net a few times and she literally told me she was going to smack me back.

Isabella needs to kick this dumbass monkey off my island.

edit: On the bright side, I love Buck and Drago.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I got an island with orange/pink/black tulips, of all things, and a crazy amount of emperor butterflies, but I haven't gotten any non-apple islands yet. It must be really rare.

Depends on your luck. Some people got it within the first day or two of doing island trips, with two people each doing 2-3 trips daily on my island since release it took until last night to get a different fruit.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
67147-FF1-7-E20-42-A7-8-E21-0-C643-B37-D3-DE.jpg

just after I took this I realised I'd forgotten my native oranges so I've added a row at the top. I've also cut down all trees in the SW corner of the map and replanted Apple trees as a cash crop

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Like a normal island. You'll know when you get a spider infested hell. Believe me...

Buy island tickets, inventory expansions (when available), and the hair options (when you've got enough). The island tickets are how you get your first new residents and where you can go for some nice money making expeditions. Inventory expansions are obvious. Hair options are because they're one-time purchases and you should own them!

Also, a wood and hay fence will be purchasable at some point.
The Miles items don't all cycle (though I noticed a few have started recently for me). I wouldn't spend them to spend them, though. You'll want them handy if you suddenly need to fly away for iron ore or you reach a milestone and new DIY recipes become available.

Thank you for the great tips, very helpful. Are iron nuggets supposed to be this hard to find? Crazy nook wants 30? I can barely find 3 lol.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
sorry lost connection

Hidden content

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
You can take the 20% hit and put your items in the dropbox outside the store.
To be honest I'm kinda scratching my head at choosing 20%, 10 seems fair but 20 will make people more pissed that the stores aren't 24/7 in the first place.

Easy solution would be to have an upgrade where you can build some kind of Nookinator raccoon shop robot that holds down the store fort after hours.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It seems clear that you have access to three fruits without trading - your native fruit, the fruit your mom sends you, and one other fruit you can find rarely on island tours.

The only non-local fruit I've seen (once) on island tours is apples, which is also what "mom" sent me. I don't know if that means they just don't care about the tour type being a duplicate of the one you get sent or what, but it's not three types for better or worse, I guess.

Anyone have KK Bossa? Will trade a star wand

I have it... but it's registered already and I don't have access to the terminal today either, so you'd have to wait 2 days for it.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, friends. I really really don't want to time travel but it's the only way to get the one hairstyle I really want. What are the consquences if I pop in 2 weeks in the future, exit the game, and set it back?

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
Ok, friends. I really really don't want to time travel but it's the only way to get the one hairstyle I really want. What are the consquences if I pop in 2 weeks in the future, exit the game, and set it back?

Nothing really. Maybe it will trigger some things that unlock by then, but depending on your current progression most of that should have prerequisites.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Since I've got it out already I'm opening up my gates for a bit. I'm at work so I won't be watching if it is disconnected, but you can give it a shot if you need cherries. Saharah is also visiting, south of the Nook's Cranny if visitors can interact with her. Code is
Hidden content

Status
Not open for further replies.