• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
When do fruits respawn on trees? I swear my cherries aren't coming back. Also have empty coconut trees for like 2 days now.

Or do they not grow back?

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I actually would really love that. Do you have any monitors or TVs? What are you looking for that I might be able to offer you?

Also extending...anyone find any desks??
Okay, I can give it to you! The only TV I have is an apple TV which is pretty easy to make, though I can give it to you if you want.

I don't necessarily need anything in return. If you happen to have pears or oranges that would be nice. Otherwise you can just surprise me with something random.

I opened my gate, I'll DM you the dodo code. We can make the trade now or let me know if there is a better time for you, I'm basically around all day.

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I can give it to you! The only TV I have is an apple TV which is pretty easy to make, though I can give it to you if you want.

I don't necessarily need anything in return. If you happen to have pears or oranges that would be nice. Otherwise you can just surprise me with something random.

I opened my gate, I'll DM you the dodo code. We can make the trade now or let me know if there is a better time for you, I'm basically around all day.

I'm just working at my desk so I can do it now! I'll look out for the code.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've tried that but I only end up on basic mystzery islands with nothing on them I wouldn't find on my own :/ Did you find sturgeon on your own island?

Every Sturgeon I found was on a random island, mostly islands that had my own fruit. Bait helps, but I may have just had very good luck with spawning large shadows then. I really don't believe I've even had one spawn on my own island, though I'm sure they can.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i hate how the raccoon child immediately charges at you if you buy anything. leave me alone!

edit pirate bae i have like a hundred bamboo shoots can i come to your island

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait are shoots different than the bamboo wood you get? are shoots the seeds? because i wasted those on a lamp

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Friend of mine is making too much god damn money in this game without time travel. Hasn't even gotten Resident Services upgraded yet and, well:

And yes, that's the second floor of his house.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
How do i catch the centipede or something that looks like that? I tried to sneek on it two times and it just went away

found them under rocks on a deserted island

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I have no idea. It would be pretty stupid if they implemented this kind of limitation because that takes the entire appeal out of doing the islands. But as far as I can tell nobody knows anything about how they're generated or why some people get the same thing every single time and some people get something different.

If the islands had a 25% or 50% chance of having new fruit or rare bugs on them, you could quickly get everything in a couple days, which would defeat some of the intent of the developers who hope people will connect with others, make friends, and learn patience through the game in order to get everything.

I would really like bamboo to show up, but I understand why I haven't seen it yet. Once you get everything unique islands can give you, their only purpose is resource grinding.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the happy home academy not in this game? It just dawned on me that I got a pennant and presents for expanding the home, but I don't see any way of getting points or tested on the design of the interior.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
So like a duck in a sailor suit or something washed up on shore the other day and was babbling about some stuff. But now it's nowhere to be found. Did I miss an opportunity to recruit this duck or something?

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Noob question, should I be saving up my Nook miles, or should I just redeem them for items? The items at the ATM don't seem to cycle new ones daily too?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
fuck, i still never got that tarantula island... how does it looks?

Like a normal island. You'll know when you get a spider infested hell. Believe me...

Noob question, should I be saving up my Nook miles, or should I just redeem them for items? The items at the ATM don't seem to cycle new ones daily too?

Buy island tickets, inventory expansions (when available), and the hair options (when you've got enough). The island tickets are how you get your first new residents and where you can go for some nice money making expeditions. Inventory expansions are obvious. Hair options are because they're one-time purchases and you should own them!

Also, a wood and hay fence will be purchasable at some point.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Is it way way easier to make bells in this game than New Leaf? I feel like in New Leaf the only way to make a good amount of bells was to take advantage of the island, but in this game big money bugs, red snappers, and rare fish seem more plentiful even without going to the island.

When do fruits respawn on trees? I swear my cherries aren't coming back. Also have empty coconut trees for like 2 days now.

Or do they not grow back?

I think it might take 2-3 days for exotic fruit to regrow?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
So like a duck in a sailor suit or something washed up on shore the other day and was babbling about some stuff. But now it's nowhere to be found. Did I miss an opportunity to recruit this duck or something?
Gulliver the seagull?

You have to find his 5 communicator parts on the beach and return them to him. He'll then send you a gift in the mail.

You dig them out of the sand the same way you do Manila clams.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

The Miles items don't all cycle (though I noticed a few have started recently for me). I wouldn't spend them to spend them, though. You'll want them handy if you suddenly need to fly away for iron ore or you reach a milestone and new DIY recipes become available.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I've done about 40 Nook Miles Islands (doing between 6-10 a day) and only three of them have had an assortment different than my own island. :/

I've has two islands with pears and one island with bamboo.

Every other island has been cherries (my native fruit) and coconuts with either mums or tulips. The fish and insects have been the same as my native island. I've never seen anything different. It's starting to feel like a huge and tremendous waste of my time.
Because it is. It's clear you're meant to use it as a place to gather extra resources and perhaps search for certain fish/bugs in a smaller space. It's not meant to get you every fruit/flower or be unique every time. It seems clear that you have access to three fruits without trading - your native fruit, the fruit your mom sends you, and one other fruit you can find rarely on island tours. Flowers are similarly limited.

Unlike previous islands, it's not an always summer island, so bugs/fish won't be any different from your home island either. It's for gathering extra resources, finding villagers to bring to your town and collecting those few specific things. People are grinding them out like that's the core gameplay loop and it absolutely isn't.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Guys, my turnips are at 532 today!
My gates are open, add me in your friend list if you want to come by, I also have cherries, peaches, pears, oranges and coconuts around. I'd need some apples, but come by anyway.

My code is SW-4171-2144-1934

(Name of the town is Karasuno)

Status
Not open for further replies.