• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Cool Startropics reference (maybe this is widely known, but I just came across it).
2pemWySl.jpg

(I mashed through the dialogue so I had to record it then take a pic instead of screenshot)

Bonus points if you can tell what my shirt design is

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That's how people cheating ruin the game for others, they start talking about all the unlocks that are days/weeks away.

Ruining? There will be people who got the game early, footage/screenshots from reviews, people coming in that got the game later, etc. -- something is always going to be new to someone. If you're that serious about spoilers, consider not going into the thread at all. The OP is one big spoiler if the spoiler tagged thing you quoted (that has been in every game thus far) is a reference point. I get being cagey about special events maybe, but town hall and the quoted spoiler seem a bit much.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
If you don't want things to be "spoiled" maybe don't come to the OT where people talk about their progression.
Not like there's a lot of things to spoil anyway given than all features were featured in the Direct.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Phew... only two more day until there's finally something new to do (residential thing upgrade).... all i did was fishing to rack up some cash...

Is the sturgeon farming the most efficient way to gain lots of money right now? (aside from turnip)

But god i suck at fishing so much... i missed like 10 sturgeon, like 4 in a row! The window of opportunity to push the button is so small, and i stress and i press before the hook goes underwater... gah

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Question!

My coworker and I brought our Switches to the office today. He wanted to visit my island to grab some fruit he needs, but he doesn't have Switch Online. Is it possible for him to visit my island without him being subscribed to NSO using "visit local island"? And if so, how does that work?

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Resident Services is shutting down tomorrow bc it's getting upgraded into the Town Hall(?). I'm assuming that'll lock me out of the Nook Stop for 24 hours as well. If I visit a friend's island, could I use their Nook Stop to get my daily miles instead? I just got my 6th day bonus this morning, and I'd rather not have to reset the daily miles if I can help it.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My Resident Services is shutting down tomorrow bc it's getting upgraded into the Town Hall(?). I'm assuming that'll lock me out of the Nook Stop for 24 hours as well. If I visit a friend's island, could I use their Nook Stop to get my daily miles instead? I just got my 6th day bonus this morning, and I'd rather not have to reset the daily miles if I can help it.
I'm in the same situation and worried about my bonus resetting.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

you can redeem miles only on your island

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
The dude above me has a better price. But mine is the afternoon price, so PM me whenever you're available if you wanna come by.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do nook tickets spire and can you have more than one? My resident services is closed tomorrow so I'm wondering if I can buy a couple of tickets to use while it's closed

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
Thanks
so parents are diagonal to where a child will appear?
If I have regular beds eg solid flowers with no gaps for decoration, or a row of flowers - does that mean they won't spawn (so I don't dilute the chances of the ones I want to pollinate)?

for accurate digging up after they've grown I really wish there was a way to properly 'aim'
Sure, that should work, too.

XXXXXX
XOOOOX
XXXXXX

So X are the possible spots a flower would spawn, is just that it's a little limited and the quoted method allows for more chances/combinations. But it should work for you. 😉👍🏽

It is kind of ridiculous that there is no way for my girlfriend and I to send mail to each other in this game. We have two switches and one copy of Animal Crossing, but because you have to be best friends and you can only be best friends by visiting each other's islands, there is nothing we can do.

Am I missing something here? Do I really need to find someone with a copy of AC that I can borrow for 3 minutes?
Yeah, I don't think it's possible. If she was in your Island as an actual resident (or viceversa), you could both couch co-op in Party Play mode.

My wife ended up buying a Switch and decided to start her game over. The thing is, she was the rep on my Switch. Now I'm stuck in player two mode for the foreseeable future. Y'all think Nintendo will add a way to change the island's rep later down the line or should I just start over?

I mean, I could still just play her file whenever I need to do island rep business but I don't know how involved it will get further down the line. I'm currently plotting out land and making furniture for the new residents ready to move in.
I wish I could find more info on this, HOPEFULLY the terrain and watercliff modification permits aren't exclusive to the first player. 😩

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
My Target Preorder is delayed again and now shows Friday. Been sitting at the Fed Ex warehouse one town over since Sunday Morning and will remain there until Friday apparently. Last time I preorder an important game from Target regardless of their preorder bonus. So frustrating that I still haven't had a chance to play it and all I see is info on it on here and Social Media :(

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
That's a really high selling price, you should count yourself lucky! Is it your morning or afternoon price btw? Because it can drop drastically even during the same day.

Morning, I assume. It's 9:30ish here.

They can go a little higher sure, but do not risk it, 562 is great.

I missed out on Sunday's turnips because I had to work until 1pm that day (work at a news station, so weird hours). I'm bummed :-(

Oct 27, 2017
I visited a mystery island that was interested with tarantula. Caught eight of them and sold them for 8000 each. My bank balance almost doubled there and then.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I'm in the same situation and worried about my bonus resetting.
I remember reading somewhere that the bonus does not reset, so we should be fine.

jumper

Oct 27, 2017
That's how people cheating ruin the game for others, they start talking about all the unlocks that are days/weeks away.
I'm wondering if the solution is to have a separate thread for ACNH time travelers?

But, I don't think that's practical (in terms of moderating). Besides, even seeing the things that naturally happens/appears without time traveling is in essence being spoiled.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good resource people are using to know what fish/bugs are in season?

Also, is there anything good setup for tracking what you've already donated. Google sheet template or something like that?

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Is the only way to obtain other fruit not native to your island to use the nook miles ticket?

Or will you eventually be able to purchase all types of fruit, say from the. shop?

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Morning, I assume. It's 9:30ish here.

I missed out on Sunday's turnips because I had to work until 1pm that day (work at a news station, so weird hours). I'm bummed :-(

Do you think you could post your afternoon selling price as well? If it's still a decent price I'd be really grateful if you'd let me visit and sell my turnips. I could bring some cherries or peaches over in return.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Do you think you could post your afternoon selling price as well? If it's still a decent price I'd be really grateful if you'd let me visit and sell my turnips. I could bring some cherries or peaches over in return.

Is there a way to know my afternoon price now, or do I need to wait for it to change?

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Is there a good resource people are using to know what fish/bugs are in season?

Also, is there anything good setup for tracking what you've already donated. Google sheet template or something like that?

Every bug and fish that you've already donated get a little owl stamp next to their name in the in-game collectapedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.