• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
Going to have an extra room tomorrow! Any ideas what to morph it to be? thinking of bedroom/study room but seems a little too ordinary

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So I just got an impossible nook miles+ challenge:

My resident services center is closed today and I need to redeem 500 nook miles, you can't access the nook stop on other Islands either, so I guess I just can't get those miles?

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
You literally have a text chat where you can type whatever you want. You can send it to a specific friend (if they're best friends) or anyone you're friends with that are online and you/them have visited at some point. You can even use the Nintendo App to use your phone's keyboard while you're playing as well as voice chat too

Other players can pick up anything you drop outside your house

Because it'd be crazy to allow someone in your town without you being there. Visitors can pick up ANYTHING dropped on the ground. Best friends can even use axes/shovels meaning they could destroy every rock and tree in your town. Opening your gate is essentially like starting a private server/room. It closes when you go for that very reason, to not allow people in your town when you're not there
The text chat is slow and clunky and not very social. It's crazy that voice isn't built in.

Didn't realize you can drop stuff for them, that's good to know thanks!

i understand Re: opening a server, there just needs to be a better way. There's no reason for it to be so slow and clunky.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ring Toss Court

Beach Picnic -- I like the weeds aesthetic on the beach. Feels more natural.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
So I just got an impossible nook miles+ challenge:

My resident services center is closed today and I need to redeem 500 nook miles, you can't access the nook stop on other Islands either, so I guess I just can't get those miles?

Yeah, wish they'd have made it impossible to get things you can't do. How can I talk to three villagers when they're all asleep?

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
I don't have any friends on Switch. Anyone care to add me? I am northern hemisphere and prefer southern hemisphere. I live in Japan and it would be best to connect with people who can play now or sometime over the next 5 hours. Thanks!

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So just do it tomorrow? You have 4 other challenges in constant rotation.
Yeah, wish they'd have made it impossible to get things you can't do. How can I talk to three villagers when they're all asleep?
I thought that generally it's programmed to not give you impossible tasks, like you won't get the assess 3 fossils challenge if you already assessed all of yours for the day, same goes for mining rocks, so this seems more like an oversight than anything else.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't get an answer yesterday, but just wondering if we eventually get the opportunity to make custom trousers/shoes.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that generally it's programmed to not give you impossible tasks, like you won't get the assess 3 fossils challenge if you already assessed all of yours for the day, same goes for mining rocks, so this seems more like an oversight than anything else.

Oh, I was actually wondering about this- does it really not give you the fossils one if you've dug up the fossils that spawned that day? It really only cares about the new ones?

I have a ton of fossils sitting in a pen behind the museum because I wanted to wait for that reward to be up before I assessed any, and after seeing it in the first day or so I only have gotten it again once and it was an initial 2x. So they were eating up a ton of storage space and I dumped them there earlier. I guess I need to not dig the new ones up till the end of my session..?

Just seems odd for that to be the restriction when I clearly have a ton of fossils available to me still, huh.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh, I was actually wondering about this- does it really not give you the fossils one if you've dug up the fossils that spawned that day? It really only cares about the new ones?

I have a ton of fossils sitting in a pen behind the museum because I wanted to wait for that reward to be up before I assessed any, and after seeing it in the first day or so I only have gotten it again once and it was an initial 2x. So they were eating up a ton of storage space and I dumped them there earlier. I guess I need to not dig the new ones up till the end of my session..?

Just seems odd for that to be the restriction when I clearly have a ton of fossils available to me still, huh.
That actually seems pretty interesting to test out, because I also only have gotten it once so far and that was before I dug up the new fossils on that day.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I can lose so many hours to this game doing nothing but fishing and catching bugs. Throw in messing around with friends online and it's the ultimate time waster.

...I guess time is the one thing I have plenty of right now.

Sloth

Nov 27, 2017
I've got 315 on turnips this morning. 7LDK7 , I'll mostly be AFK, but will keep an eye on the switch for crashes.

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I am loving this game, and as much as I am addicted to it, there are still some glaring QoL stuff I wish it would have had.

Workbenches not accessing the storage for example.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Someone from our Discord server has 629 as his turnip price right now. I asked if it was okay to share his Dodo Code since pretty much everyone of us already sold our turnips and it was fine. Just leave him a gift (doesn't have to be expensive or rare). Gates will be open for ~an hour and 20 minutes.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
And it's dead.

Last edited:

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Someone from our Discord server has 629 as his turnip price right now. I asked if it was okay to share his Dodo Code since pretty much everyone of us already sold our turnips and it was fine. Just leave him a gift (doesn't have to be expensive or rare). Gates will be open for ~an hour and 20 minutes.

[Hidden content]
Thanks for this, do you know if he's missing any fruit?

Montane

Oct 27, 2017

[Hidden content]
Damn that's high, never expected the prices to go up that much!

Skunkalot

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

[Hidden content]
629!Holy... And i thought 200 was much!

Mar 12, 2018

[Hidden content]
well, I was going to bed but I guess I'm making friends with guy instead

Kubinsky

Oct 29, 2017

[Hidden content]
Holy shit, did not know it could get that high!

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Alright it's after 5am so I should sleep.
I had a great time again today playing this.
I will have the house upgrade that adds the first extra room today but the loan is 398,000 so this might take more than a day to come up with!

I have now visited 12 random islands looking for non native fruit (I have oranges)
3 islands were bamboo
9 were oranges

I'm starting to wonder if you can even find other fruits on these islands!!!

Here is a list of the best selling things I have found so far (price the Nook kids pay)(I'm making a list of sell prices of all the stuff I'm catching so I know what to go for). Maybe this will help someone :)

Oarfish 9000
Tarantula 8000
Barred knife jaw 5000
Emperor butterfly 4000
Football fish 250
Orchid mantis 2400
Tiger beetle 1500
Hermit Crab 1000
Man faced stink bug 1000
Paper kite butterfly 1000
Sea butterfly 1000
Bitterling 900
Giant clam 900

Oct 25, 2017

[Hidden content]
Woah thanks for sharing, didn't know they can get that high!

Status
Not open for further replies.