• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I honestly don't understand why the box has the 20% cut off if it's not going to give me the money till the morning anyway. I can just stack stuff outside the store and sell it in the morning; what's the point of losing 20% for no reason?

(Side note: I'm glad people talked about how much certain things were worth here. I dumped an inventory's worth of stuff in it the first night it was available, but then realized when using it to check prices later that things weren't worth what I saw people say they were. That's how I discovered that I'd not noticed them saying it was only 80%...)
It comes in handy for me when I'm grinding Nook tasks at night that require selling clumps of weeds, sea shells, etc. Other than that, yea.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked the three plots for new residents and got all the items for their homes. Only big thing I completed today.

What can I do with star fragments?

Sep 24, 2019
I like the selling box.
You save on loading times, get so see the price/total of your stuff immediatly and the money goes directly into your bank account.
And losing 20% is no big deal considering how much money you can make in that game.

I feel like they have bumped so many prices up.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else enjoying torturing Blathers? I like to give him bugs one by one and hear his non-biased opinion of them

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Is the stone axe better for grinding iron nuggets? Also...the coop experience sucks. My fiancée is very limited and quickly losing interest in the game. We can't even go to random islands together. What the hell =/

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Hey, y'all! This is Ashe! Azure Moon is officially open for visitors! Located in the south hemisphere, it is sure to provide you with an amazing experience (although we apologize for any inconvenience - there is quite a lot going on right now!)

For those who want to pay this magnificent island a visit, just use the Dodo Code. All apples are up for grabs! Mind you that it's pretty close to midnight local time which means the shop is closed. However, Savanah is still around to make sure you get whatever you need for your house!

Last edited:

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You can only buy them on Sunday when Daisy Mae shows up.

The 69 you saw at Nook's Cranny is the sell price. Which is way below the buy price.

How it works is Daisy May shows up on Sunday from 8AM to 12PM. During this time Turnips can be as low as 90 to as high as 110.

Turnips can only be bought in stacks of 10. The object is to buy as many Turnips as possible within the means of your budget of Bells and hope Any day from Monday to Saturday will have a price to sell higher than you bought them. Prices change twice a day. An AM price from 8AM to 11:59AM, and a PM price from 12PM to 10PM. You won't know the price until you actually check. You could get a high price in the morning or a low price in the afternoon. It fluctuates hence why it's called the Stalk Market.

If you do not sell your Turnips before the end of the week. The following Sunday your Turnips will rot and you lose your invested money. So buy low and sell high.
This some real stock market shit

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Awwww yeah!

20200324_215622.jpg

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Who wants to trade an apple with another fruit with me? I would like to visit other islands or have people at mine, although I barely started yesterday :)

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, y'all! This is Ashe! Azure Moon is officially open for visitors! Located in the south hemisphere, it is sure to provide you with an amazing experience (although we apologize for any inconvenience - there is quite a lot going on right now!)

For those who want to pay this magnificent island a visit, just use the Dodo Code 95WJD. All apples are up for grabs! Mind you that it's pretty close to midnight local time which means the shop is closed. However, Savanah is still around to make sure you get whatever you need for your house!
I'll stop by with a small present! Wanna try and catch a shark.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible for all island residents to gain access to every DIY recipe later in the game or are some exclusive to the main representative?

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible for all island residents to gain access to every DIY recipe later in the game or are some exclusive to the main representative?

I think I got a random recipe card for a barrel, which the island rep learns when making the houses for new neighbors. I *think* it's the same thing, but I'd have to check later. Leads me to believe you have a chance of getting them through luck.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
im not sure if im doing this right.

for the stringfish I'm going to the highest part of my island (level 3) and the sending bait on the start of a river there, is that ok for it to appear?

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still no sturgeon, gar, stringfish, tuna, or Colecanthe (unless any shouldn't be in the NH yet?). Might be a good thing though, as I have nearly 50 pieces for Blathers to look at between critters and fossils. My storage is swamped. TG that museum opens tomorrow.

Couple of friends gave me the last two fruits I needed, so the island will give all in limited number. Some time I'll have to organize an actual orchard system, but I'll let the options in the game open up to make that job easier. Definitely need to get some flower beds going for bugs.

Gulliver will probably be a no show tonight after a few nights/days of popping up. Took care of Wisp for the first time for some dreadful flooring.

Does breaking rocks ever yield anything other than stone? Lately I've just been leaving them if my stone slot is getting rather full. Same with the stumps, since beetles tend to spawn on at least the citrus trees.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Wait how many house payments are there this time around? Just got the nook miles goal for 2 upgrades, next one is 5, then there's two more after that. That'd be like 10 and 20?!

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Still no sturgeon, gar, stringfish, tuna, or Colecanthe (unless any shouldn't be in the NH yet?). Might be a good thing though, as I have nearly 50 pieces for Blathers to look at between critters and fossils. My storage is swamped. TG that museum opens tomorrow.

Couple of friends gave me the last two fruits I needed, so the island will give all in limited number. Some time I'll have to organize an actual orchard system, but I'll let the options in the game open up to make that job easier. Definitely need to get some flower beds going for bugs.

Gulliver will probably be a no show tonight after a few nights/days of popping up. Took care of Wisp for the first time for some dreadful flooring.

Does breaking rocks ever yield anything other than stone? Lately I've just been leaving them if my stone slot is getting rather full. Same with the stumps, since beetles tend to spawn on at least the citrus trees.

Only break rocks if they're somewhere you want to develop. Otherwise you're just losing out on significant daily resources and hamstringing your ability to craft.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Wait how many house payments are there this time around? Just got the nook miles goal for 2 upgrades, next one is 5, then there's two more after that. That'd be like 10 and 20?!

10 sounds right to me, hasn't that been the case for the past few games too?

Upstairs, Downstairs, Left Room, Right Room, Top Room, and then an extension for each?

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
STALK ALERT! My Turnip prices are currently 159 per turnip.

Dodo Code is 39VNM

It's 8:34 PM over here so you have one and a half hours before my stores close

EDIT: My Nook's shop is to the left of the plaza. You can't miss it.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
Is there end goal in this game, can I "beat" it?
To me it's always been paying off your debt, completing the museum, and getting all the fruit growing. In this game, there is a clear check list. I guess that might be added to it, I will need to see as I play more. Also, crafting is new, and seems to tick off if you've crafted it before. So maybe that as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.