• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not talking about removing durability, I'm talking about the fact that you have to make the first level tool before making the second level tool. It'd be great if you could do it in one go as long as you have the resources for both.

It's a minor inconvenience at worst, but it'd be nice if that process was a bit streamlined.

its true. you should be able to make the flimsy tools, if you want. but you shouldnt need the flimsy ones to make the better ones.

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know if you can hear Blathers' facts again after you've donated things to the museum? seems like you can only hear them when you first donate the item or if you catch another one and bring it to him.

I think it would be cool if you could just drop them off and then check them out later when you browse the museum.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JBemfN1_d.jpg
Very nice.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Top 3 Extremely Important Complaints:

1. Is it really necessary to kick you out of the crafting screen every time you complete a recipe? There is no chance of failure so the text and celebration quickly grow tiring and given how much crafting the game wants you to grind through... It's annoying and makes crafting more of a chore than it should be.

2. Making my character turn and face the camera every time I change tools is dumb. So much unnecessary repositioning happening because of this.

3. Load times aren't ridiculous but they're common enough to get in my nerves. This game is making me yearn for the all SSD future.

all of these are great valid points. The museum is annoying because of the multiple load screens. Honestly if the crafting got some love, and other UI stuff, that would fix most issues I have. Too many weird things that are inconvenient but when added up are plain annoying as hell.

I still want a way to tell what kind of tree something is without having to dig the damn thing up, look In inventory, then replant it. Just a pop up box when you walk up to it would work!!!
And there is a lot more stuff going outside this time, meaning we need an editor like in your house for positioning, twisting, moving things around. The current way is so cumbersome I just haven't put much outside.

But I still love the game. I've probably played 30 hours and it's great fun. For a long termprospect though, Nintendo would do well to address some if the UI clunkiness.

I have a Q: I have 80 storage in my house. How do I increase that? I'm already out of room and leaving crap lying around on the ground so I hope I'm just missing something!

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This game really needs a whole separate inventory storage tab for crafting materials.
Seriously, and it needs to use crafting stuff you have in storage..at the very least if you're crafting inside your house. So fed up with getting stuff out of storage to craft/putting it back.

To add onto this, we also need the option to craft in bulk. I don't mind if the animation plays 5 times over, as long as I don't have to read the same dialogue, go through the same menu, and navigate the same pop-ups over and over and over.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Town Hall is being constructed today and there's not a lot to do. Just did my normal daily routine and now I don't really have any goals, can't even go visit random islands.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To add onto this, we also need the option to craft in bulk. I don't mind if the animation plays 5 times over, as long as I don't have to read the same dialogue, go through the same menu, and navigate the same pop-ups over and over and over.
While you're right, all this is on-brand for Animal Crossing, so I kinda doubt they'll change it 😔

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i wasn't paying attention properly to Nook when he mentioned something about a ceremony the other day.

What does it do. And does waiting for my 3rd villager to move in do anything.
After the 3 villagers finish moving in.
Ahhh. Neato. I'm just waiting the last one to unpack their shit.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
ET6gZmYVAAEHS_5

The start of my Cedar Forest. June is the only villager who will be staying in it. The rest will be a wild area. Just need to find some DIY or objects that would be good decorations!

Oct 25, 2017
So i wasn't paying attention properly to Nook when he mentioned something about a ceremony the other day.

The ceremony is just a cute cutscene. Does nothing.

You want to have all the villagers in your town so you can get the town hall and all that.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia

Hmm my third was moving in yesterday when Nook mentioned resident services would be closed the next day for the construction.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
This might sound strange, but does anyone have a cherry cardboard box I can buy off you? I have box but that one and I want them all lol.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow. Currently on an island that is only spawning Emperor Butterflies. Also has only black, orange, and pink tulips!

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Anyone else having trouble finding towns to visit despite having loads of friends playing at any given time?

I constantly go to the Dodo and get "Oh drumbsticks, there's no island to visit." I wish there was an option to have gates automatically (and constantly) open once you log in, because it seems like such an after thought to many people.

celebi23

Oct 26, 2017
Question, has the K.K. Slider song artwork been extracted? Working on something with the e-Reader Town Tune cards and those could come in handy.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Ah good to know there is a bit more to them. Still a process and selective on who you can invited since some aren't even supported.
The only ones not supported currently are:
-the nintendo amiibo villagers
-feyline (monster hunter amiibo)
-the sanrio amiibo villagers (though you get posters)
-assorted special characters

They aren't supported because the characters literally are not in the game at this time.

For Special Characters who are in the game, you can't invite them to the campsite because that's meant to be how you invite them to live on the island. Though I do think you're supposed to be able to talk to them, or something, through the terminal? I haven't gotten that far but that's what the direct seemed to imply.

All of the standard villager (series1-4 & the welcome amiibo series) are supported.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Anyone else having trouble finding towns to visit despite having loads of friends playing at any given time?

I constantly go to the Dodo and get "Oh drumbsticks, there's no island to visit." I wish there was an option to have gates automatically (and constantly) open once you log in, because it seems like such an after thought to many people.
Well it DOES interrupt you like crazy when people come and go and it also stops you from dropping things and some other stuff.
Leaving your gate open should be a conscious decision

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone supposed to be working on an app for this to track museum donations and catalogue items? I used to use one for New Leaf and it was really helpful so I'd love something similar for this

Is anyone using something else to track stuff in the meantime? Is there a good spreadsheet or a website for something like this?

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Well it DOES interrupt you like crazy when people come and go and it also stops you from dropping things and some other stuff.
Leaving your gate open should be a conscious decision

Yes, this is true.

It nearly stops everything when someone comes and goes. I wish I could skip forward a few console generations to an Animal Crossing with more seamless online play and no loading between environments.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
100%. This is probably my biggest complaint with this game right now.
Yup, the whole crafting workflow is way too slow given how much the early game relies on it. The quest for the extra three homes just drags because of it. Crafting in your house should automatically pull from materials you also have in storage. I was legit shocked that a game this polished in other areas was lacking something so basic as that.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to fish for the remaining leaving fish but gave up and got some other stuff done. Ended up selling 1300 turnips at a friend's town for 184 (from 94), so I can get a second room now. I saw another friend's town was open, so I popped over there.

They were busy fishing for a stringfish too. Bought lots of stuff from Sahara and then explored their island a bit. Saw a decently sized fish, did like 10 tries to aim correctly due to some weird angles, and eventually caught it... stringfish!

I ran for my life

Status
Not open for further replies.