• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think tomorrow is the day where I finally start to decorate my house and the first part of the island...

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeh me too. I'm tolerating it but was it really necessary for us to have to craft the basic one before crafting the better one? That shit is dumb and I would like a word with who decided that's how creating the better tools would work.

Yeah. I like the tool durability system, but this is pretty annoying. This feels like a thing they might change in an update, at least I hope they will.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Any tips? I keep running out of bait lol. Tried for about an hour today. Did you switch up spots? Use bait?
Well for the first few hours I just made laps around the island trying to get new spawns. That was really slow

Then I just grinded about 30 bait, and then sat and kept throwing bait, catching anything with a medium or large looking shadow since I didn't really know what size it was. I eventually got it, but it took forever

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I don't see it changing. Absolutely everything in this game is slow paced.
Slow paced != tedious.
There is stuff that can and should be changed, without changing the feel of the game.
Like going online. Shure, it was meant for "you start a 2 hour session withfriends, so the initial slow start should not be anoying", but what if i just want to visit for 10 minutes in a break? or befor going to sleep?
5 of those is laoding screens.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can the gold nuggets be used for crafting.

I'm sitting on a few and not sure whether to sell them or not.
Finally caught the stringfish!
I'm glad you could string that catch together.
tHA2E4H.jpg

Jun 8, 2019
If anyone wants to unload, I have turnips going at 220.

Gate is open for a bit. No complaints if anyone wants to drop off cherries, apples, or peaches when stopping by!

31C56

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
Welll that was fun. I found garbage island, where every "fish" was either trash or a stone. I hope there's an island with nothing but rare fish.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
This game has me in a weird zen state. I'm not new to the series, but the way I'm playing it now is unlike I've ever played Animal Crossing. I'll just unconsciously pick it up and play, even if I don't have anything left to do for the day. I just want to be in the world, so I'll pick it up for 15 minutes to do nothing before logging back out. Several times a day.

I've created a project for myself, so that's helping to alleviate some of the boredom of the early days. I've begun to cut a hiking trail through the forest district of my island. The wood stakes I'm lining the path with are so expensive that they guarantee a long timeline for this project, so that oughta keep me busy.

witty_mittie3

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
So after I make the stuff for the three houses, how much hoarding of wood/material do I need to keep doing? Are there more big projects that require a ton of materials?

NamikazeBurst

Oct 25, 2017
I thought you could force the game to spawn tarantulas at islands? I dug up all the bug spawning stuff and instead of tarantulas spawning, just nothing is. I've been running around for like 10 minutes.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
Really the biggest QOL change I would like to see are being able to craft multiples of items (like bait or medicine) in one go. And getting rid of those interruptions when people visit.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Alright, I think I'm done for tonight. Y'all I literally spent my entire day in my village. From 9am to 7pm.

This is the best Animal Crossing in my opinion! I've never been so attached to my town and the game hasn't even really "started" yet! I'm so close to getting my town hall and the anticipation is amazing. I've been prepping yards, gardens, pathways and imaging how future parts of my town will look. I love how the villagers are showing more personality and doing more stuff now. The game is finally starting to open up and I can't handle it, haha. I can't wait to see what villagers move in and how my place develops!

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Think i'll close up shop but thanks people for coming by to sell turnips! I actually paid the remainder of my loan with all your dropped fruits and money :) also completed my fruit roots so additional thank yous for that!

Veeboy

Oct 31, 2017
Since its still early in my towns life I'm not finding much furniture I love so I've been using the QR designs to decorate my walls in the meantime!

ET6eN7kU4AA_fCu.jpg:large

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
I have an unfortunate bug where I am unable to visit Buck in his new home. Yesterday I hit the point where my two starter islanders upgraded from tents to houses. I was able to visit Pasmina to check out her new pad. Then, I could not open Buck's door at all. He's clearly home with his lights on, but I get no response when trying to go in. Second day now and he's still in there, and I can't go in. He hasn't left at all. I'm hoping he actually leaves his house tomorrow at least.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Really the biggest QOL change I would like to see are being able to craft multiples of items (like bait or medicine) in one go. And getting rid of those interruptions when people visit.

Id like to be able to select a certain number ofsomething in my inventory. like 20 weeds of the 99 bundle I have.

Last edited:

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Rainy evenin', gates are open to any who want to pop in

Edit: Alright y'all, getting crowded real quick-like lol

Last edited:

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
...Then, I could not open Buck's door at all. He's clearly home with his lights on, but I get no response when trying to go in. Second day now and he's still in there, and I can't go in. He hasn't left at all. I'm hoping he actually leaves his house tomorrow at least.
Ever hear of social distancing?

Oct 25, 2017
Top 3 Extremely Important Complaints:

1. Is it really necessary to kick you out of the crafting screen every time you complete a recipe? There is no chance of failure so the text and celebration quickly grow tiring and given how much crafting the game wants you to grind through... It's annoying and makes crafting more of a chore than it should be.

2. Making my character turn and face the camera every time I change tools is dumb. So much unnecessary repositioning happening because of this.

3. Load times aren't ridiculous but they're common enough to get in my nerves. This game is making me yearn for the all SSD future.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they? The second level tools after the first ones made with twigs last dozens of uses. And you have more than enough resources to make new tools

I'm not talking about removing durability, I'm talking about the fact that you have to make the first level tool before making the second level tool. It'd be great if you could do it in one go as long as you have the resources for both.

It's a minor inconvenience at worst, but it'd be nice if that process was a bit streamlined.

Status
Not open for further replies.