• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I'm disappointed with the lack of Amiibo support in this game. Only good for Harvey's island?
They shouldve at least done something like Breath of the wild were you're limited to X amount of amiibo per day and at least give you some money or item or clothing drop.

I'm still enjoying the daily grind of the game, that 198,000 bell loan tho.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
People talk about getting tons of bells from yellow balloons. I've popped at least 10 of them by now and they're all useless. The last one was a literal garbage can. I only get bells from one once and it was only 1,000.

lambdaupsilon

Apr 17, 2018
so uh. i did an analysis of the phylogenetic tree in the museum.
obviously contains spoilers for what fossils are present in the game. also very large image.
SPOILER_actree.png

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

Finally done with March's fish. The Stringfish took FOREVER to get, omg

Now I can chill and fill out the museum with more fish that aren't leaving in March, but I can still get

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Oh yeah that shit is a problem too, I just don't use the online nearly as much for it to be my top problem.
I WOULD use it more, if it would not be such a hassle. even just visiting nook mile islands is a tedious process. Generally, this game need streamlining in some parts. (all cute and stuff, but after the 100th time you do something, you want it a tad bit faster)

Also: the tool breaking. i was a fan of the weapon breakingin breath of the wild. here? it is just tediouse. the stronger tools dont hold as long as they should compared to the weak ones.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Okay, so on separate days, I got the EXACT same mystery island, I didn't go to any islands between those two either. Same layout, no villager on either of them.

What gives? Do I just have shit luck or what?

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Finally done with March's fish. The Stringfish took FOREVER to get, omg

Now I can chill and fill out the museum with more fish that aren't leaving in March, but I can still get

Wait, you can catch them at the bottom of waterfalls?

I was under the assumption that you needed to be at the very top! Fish never spawn up there so it has been a struggle

Jan 10, 2019
Running out of time, I need to find a Stringfish before it's too late for the season.

Any pointers or tips would be highly recommended.

I caught 3 tonight, this is what simply seemed to work for me: assuming you're in the northern hemisphere, go to the pond atop the highest cliff (it should be one with a waterfall) between 4pm & 9am with as much fish bait as possible. Throw fish bait in until you see a fish that's quite obviously bigger than others. Once you've caught it and seen the silhouette, you'll recognize it. You can catch every fish that comes up with the bait, but you don't have to.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I really love how the museum exhibits expand as you add more species. Plants grow, rocks get added, and everything starts to look more natural and zoo-like and less like glass boxes holding fish

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
Wait, I thought you can, by sharing the QR codes?
But only the ones that were made in the 3DS games I thought?
Slight spoiler, perhaps. Also, it needs the Nintendo Switch Online subscription(!)

After you build Nook's Cranny, Mabel will come visit your town. After visiting a couple of times, she'll ask you to place a plot to open her store on your island.

In the back of the Able Sisters shop will be a Custom Designs Kiosk. Here, you can upload and download designs.

After you upload a design, Animal Crossing: New Horizons will give you a long string of numbers and letters. Input the string of numbers and letters to download other peoples' designs.
Source

Oct 26, 2017
So something must've been up with the fishing drop rates on this island last night, right?

img_20200324_05564641k3n.jpg

And that item was a DJ turntable, so I wasn't gonna leave it behind!

MrWonderworld

Sep 18, 2018
When do the mabels sisters show up? One of them showed up when I finished Nook's Cranny on the weekend and then haven't seen her.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I WOULD use it more, if it would not be such a hassle. even just visiting nook mile islands is a tedious process. Generally, this game need streamlining in some parts. (all cute and stuff, but after the 100th time you do something, you want it a tad bit faster)

Also: the tool breaking. i was a fan of the weapon breakingin breath of the wild. here? it is just tediouse. the stronger tools dont hold as long as they should compared to the weak ones.
Yeh me too. I'm tolerating it but was it really necessary for us to have to craft the basic one before crafting the better one? That shit is dumb and I would like a word with who decided that's how creating the better tools would work.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
So something must've been up with the fishing drop rates on this island last night, right?

img_20200324_05564641k3n.jpg

And that item was a DJ turntable, so I wasn't gonna leave it behind!
There's definitely islands that give increased spawn rates to specific types of fish and rare fish in general, yes. Polar opposite of trash island, the island with increased trash spawns

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Another game that makes me realize the brilliance of Nintendo. EVERYTHING IS INTERACTIVE AND MAKES A SOUND. Developers take note! Thanks!

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
When I have the option of giving a villager something in my inventory if it's an item or clothing will they place it in their home or wear it? If I gave them a door hanger will they hang it?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
does anyone know how many flower breeds are in this game?

so far I've seen:

tulips
mums
windflowers
hyacinths

anyone have any others?

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Aah, Rosie movied in today and I can already tell I'm going to love her! Gonna have my house paid off as well (the 198,000 bell upgrade). Now I just need MORE villagers!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I made progress today!
I put the layout for the shop down, paid my 98,000 debt, and the Museum opens tomorrow. I also have about 26 things to give to Blathers for that as well.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Are Iron Nuggets supposed to be so scarce? Wood is easy to get but I've got like 2 rocks on my island and only have like 20 ion nuggets after playing for three days.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are Iron Nuggets supposed to be so scarce? Wood is easy to get but I've got like 2 rocks on my island and only have like 20 ion nuggets after playing for three days.
You should have at least four rocks on your island every day barring you didn't destroy any. They respawn randomly overnight. Make sure to pilfer rocks deserted islands daily. I agree that they're pretty rare by the point in the game where Nook asks you for 30(!!).

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for the late reply as I was waiting for one my non-native fruit trees to grow. You do earn a lot more money for selling them compared to your native fruit, 500 bells each compared to just 100 on your island

Great! Thank you.

I'm thinking tomorrow my cherry trees should have fruit. I also went and uprooted a handful of trees once I learned i could do that so I've got quite a few now.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The modern era has ruined me. Fuckin Big Top. He is now a big gay elephant in my head canon and I love him. Bit weirded out by him insinuating either he or I are villains but you know whatever we all got our things.

Status
Not open for further replies.