• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
hyUHIAb.jpg
giphy.gif

Oh SNAP

(sorry for doubting you!)

supermatt

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: gate closed.

Saharah is on my island today so feel free to stop by if you want to take your chance on some mysterious wallpaper or flooring! Dodo Code is 62T0S (not sure if that's a zero or the letter O). I'll be afk for a bit but will leave the gates open.

Last edited:

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea Turnips went above 200...I've never really played much with the stalk market in all my years...

I really regret selling at 198 earlier LMAO. At least I know for next week!

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone plz explain to me what this turnip stuff is. Is there like an auction house type mechanic or something?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Can someone plz explain to me what this turnip stuff is. Is there like an auction house type mechanic or something?
Every Sunday Daisy May comes around and sells you Turnips between 90-110 bells. Then Mon-Sat Nook's Cranny will buy them, offering a new price every AM and PM. Prices can reach as high as 700 bells. So you can make a huge profit.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Sow Joan's stalk market is pretty much like it's namesake. On Sunday your goal is to buy turnips at the lowest price point, and then at some point during the week, sell for a profit.

There's actually some set patterns, so it's not too hard to figure out when the best time to sell is, if you're tracking it all week. But the real intent behind the system is to get you to talk to folks and be social to see who's got the best prices at a given time.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah it's really tedious lol. I have to do two pass throughs shaking trees then coming back to chop it cause wasps are awful
If you chop the tree from the right or left side and put your net directly beside your axe in your inventory you have just enough time to press right or left on the dpad and then 'A' (without changing direction as you'll be facing south after swapping tools) to catch the wasps when their nest drops.

Not sure if someone else recommended this before me and too lazy to check 😛

Spectrum

Oct 27, 2017
Other special guests had awarded me Nook miles stamps after interacting with them, but today I didn't get any from Sahara. Does she not have one?

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

Bahaha. The closing down of miiverse really makes sense in retrospect... as great as it was, it was keeping a whole lot of free advertising private.

easter

Nov 15, 2017
Yes and yes. You can tell they've been watered that day when they sparkle. Rainy weather with instantly water every flower.

Apologies if answered: How does this apply to fully grown adult flowers spread across the island? That would be a lot of flowers to water each day, no? I've been watering the stuff I planted but let all the wild flowers that came with the island pre ladder be. Do I need to water them too?

Thank you.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Apologies if answered: How does this apply to fully grown adult flowers spread across the island? That would be a lot of flowers to water each day, no? I've been watering the stuff I planted but let all the wild flowers that came with the island pre ladder be. Do I need to water them too?

Thank you.
Flowers are very resilient this time and don't seem to wither if you don't water them. At worst they'll lose their petals, but the stems will survive.

You can attempt to force a pollination by only focusing on a specific set of flowers when you water them, though the villagers might get other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.