• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoh

Nov 19, 2017
How much am i gonna wait to get the normal town hall? Read in here that is considered the start of the "normal" AC experience. Not that i'm complaining since i'm loving this modular development for the island, just wondering.
Day 5 going great, I even paid the 198k bells to Nook.
Have to get 3 villagers to move in (along having the museum and Nook's Cranny), i'm on my second villager, have to wait for the third villager tomorrow....It's a long prologue and my main complain is the music...goddammit i'm tired of it...

Gvitor

Oct 27, 2017
So, is there a turnip pattern tracker on the works already? My island is buying them for 123 a piece this afternoon.

malcolmx

Banned
May 20, 2018
I've never played AC..but it seems to me this game isn't worth buying in let's say a year because it seems it's a daily grind and the economy is happening in real time??

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played AC..but it seems to me this game isn't worth buying in let's say a year because it seems it's a daily grind and the economy is happening in real time??
No, you can enjoy this game massively all on its own. What we are doing right now is just enjoying the community aspect cherry on top of it, but its a perfectly enjoyable and very relaxed Singleplayer experience.

killuglypop

Jan 9, 2020
Am I losing my mind or did somebody on Twitter have a crop circle themed carpet in their house? Does anyone know if this can be purchased eventually? I've been obsessing about it ever since I saw it lol

trumpet909

Oct 27, 2017
My turnips were 46 yesterday, 33 this morning, and now are 112. I assume that's a good sign that they could be high sometime tomorrow?

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017

the economy is just your personal town for an item which has fluctuating prices each day and resets every week. It doesn't have like a global trading market that would screw any newcomers over.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
I feel bittersweet about this game, like many others. For the primary profile, this is easily a 10/10 experience, no doubt. So relaxing while also being incredibly addictive.

However, for other profiles on the same Switch this game is ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT and anyone who says otherwise is full of shit. I can't believe that Nintendo would go ahead with something like this and why people aren't up in arms about it (I guess it's easy to ignore for people who don't share their Switch with a partner/kid/etc.). They might as well say "fuck you, go get another Switch and another copy of the game lmao" like it's fucking infuriating.

Nintendo, just let other profiles get the same experience as the primary one on the same system, it's all I'm asking for. Some people have said it's like being an NPC or a second-class citizen, but I think it's worse than that. Last night I couldn't even help out with crafting stuff for the new villagers (nor did I get any of the cool DYI recipes my GF got) - Nook just tells you to "talk to the [name of the primary account]" like a fucking asshole. I decided to leave a bunch of materials outside my GFs house to help her craft but man, this really leaves a shitty taste in my mouth.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I really like Diva: she likes to dance in the rain. I finally got some new residents too. Have to come up with some gifts for them.

Cambot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying out some album art. I've never done pixel design before, so these need some tweaking. Any tips?

IMG-20200324-110236.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Is there some probability associated with getting a type of fruit from an island you visit with a Nook ticket? Because my island started with cherries, I've had apples once on my travels and then just cherries every single other time. Have visited maybe 5 or 6 islands now. It's really annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo, just let other profiles get the same experience as the primary one on the same system, it's all I'm asking for. Some people have said it's like being an NPC or a second-class citizen, but I think it's worse than that. Last night I couldn't even help out with crafting stuff for the new villagers (nor did I get any of the cool DYI recipes my GF got) - Nook just tells you to "talk to the [name of the primary account]" like a fucking asshole. I decided to leave a bunch of materials outside my GFs house to help her craft but man, this really leaves a shitty taste in my mouth.

I honestly don't think that would work. It all comes down to the Nook Miles. There are some that are based on crafting, so then the game would either have to remove those from secondary players or just give it to them automatically if all profiles achieve the goal. But then the question becomes does just that one person get the miles? Do all players? If all players get it then you can easily see someone just making multiple profiles to get all the "shared" miles then buying stuff.

Or even take the task that required the bridge to be built to let new villagers arrive. It makes sense that the primary profile is the one to choose where it goes. Imagine if a secondary profile places it somewhere you don't want and ruins some plan you had? But then the way it is now, where only the primary profile can, means that secondary profiles have to wait for them to "progress" in the game for things to happen.

The game is just too dependent on "progression" now for shared villagers to work as they did before. If it's going to work the secondary person will have a significantly different experience. Maybe they no longer get miles for recipes? Maybe all the singular achievements surrounding the island are also barred from them? There probably aren't too many, but it effectively removes potential miles from them, which early on (considering you pay off your tent using miles) can mean them having a much more tedious experience to get past that point, as well as just having less miles to buy things

Basically, it gets really complicated and messy when you start giving secondary villagers more things they can do

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
For the new villagers houses and the exterior items, it seems after theyve moved in and unpacked, that those exterior items remain outside. Can I pick them up and sell them now?

Status
Not open for further replies.