• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
By backing, do you mean the trick with the fence? If so: Not yet. I wanted to try it the "normal way", but I've been to 10 Islands (not that much, I know) and most of the time I only get clay. I'll try to get some tickets and try it with the backing. Thank you.
The "normal" way is to literally dig a hole and stop yourself from getting pushed back. It's been that way since the original money rocks, so it's not some form of exploit or something.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney

I'll never do this again, gonna delete the game now

Your island is really developed...
Futurama-Fry.jpg

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Should have Nook's Cranny and the 98k expansion in the morning, with one day still to go on Blather's museum. Getting all of those iron nuggets was a nightmare with the dumb rock mining mechanics, but 4 ticket islands later it was good to go. Now just to keep growing the horde of donations that Blathers will have to deal with.

I suppose all there will be for tomorrow is continue collecting specimens, work on the 198k expansion, and maybe look into how to plant fruit trees if possible. Maybe I'll jump into one of the southern hemisphere offers later on after I activate a trial for Nintendo Online.

I feel you. I have a _single_ rock on my island and that's the one that drops money (woop-dee-fucking-doo).
I just found out that i should just take the plane to random islands...

But in the meantime, i got the museum and my lvl 1 house already on day 2.

i really hope that the elevated areas of my island (which i can only reach with a ladder, i presume?) have at least a few more rocks ...

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why does it seem like every villager wants to harass the new villager moving in

Maybe I picked the wrong villagers for my island. 😅

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Can anybody help me please?

I feel like I hit a wall for today. I woke up, I got some furniture from the mail and my house storage is full. I can't store anything else, and I have yet to shake/chop any tree for today. My house will get expanded tomorrow.

What should I do for today, just sell everything and not buy stuff?

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Just wondering why I can buy multiple nook miles tickets when I can use one multiple times?
You can't? Are you confusing the fact that you get a free one in the beginning for your ticket being used twice?

I feel like I hit a wall for today. I woke up, I got some furniture from the mail and my house storage is full. I can't store anything else, and I have yet to shake/chop any tree for today. My house will get expanded tomorrow.

Don't pile your storage with shit you don't need? Sell stuff? Put stuff outside? I don't really see how this is hitting a wall. If you have so much material that your storage is completely full, it's probably safe to stop collecting material for a bit.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

Just drop everything outside. It shouldn't disappear and do your thang

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017

Yup, just drop it outside :)

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017

Oh also you can sell some furniture/stuff you dont really need in the coming days, as you can rebuy everything from Nook once you found/bought it once.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It definitely wasn't intended and I suppose i'd classify it as a glitch? It is basically making the game spawn bugs very fast and tarantulas happen to be one of them.
It isn't really a glitch as far as I understand, but abusing how the bug generating system works.

In AC, which bugs appear is bound to the vegetation-items that are on an island. By removing all flowers, trees, stumps and rocks the game defaults to a bug that isn't linked to vegetation, which in this case is the tarantula.
You could use a similar tricks to make empire king butterflies appear, but you need loads of purple/orange flowers for that.

Feb 18, 2020
California
  1. Go to a mystery island after 7PM with just the essential tools needed to completely gut it (fresh axe, shovel, net, vaulting pole, ladder)
  2. Gut the entire island (chop down every tree and dig the stumps up, pick every flower (don't have to dig them out), destroy every rock, empty your inventory on the beaches near water to keep them out of the way, and chase off any bugs that are around.

After you do this, bugs will start rapidly spawning (when I did it, it was always tiger beetles and wharf roaches) in addition to tarantulas. Just keep on netting the tarantulas while shooing off the other bugs until you fill your inventory.

Oh and when I did it I also picked all the weeds but i'm not sure if that is necessary or not.

Feb 18, 2020
California
It isn't really a glitch as far as I understand, but abusing how the bug generating system works.

In AC, which bugs appear is bound to the vegetation-items that are on an island. By removing all flowers, trees, stumps and rocks the game defaults to a bug that isn't linked to vegetation, which in this case is the tarantula.
You could use a similar tricks to make empire king butterflies appear, but you need loads of purple/orange flowers for that.

Ahh okay gotcha.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think that the game completely ignores the order in which I invited my new residents...

It went backwards for me. Erik was the last one I invited but the first to arrive. Flurry was next and the first person I invited, so that means Patty is tomorrow. The latter was what the game set for me.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
  1. Go to a mystery island after 7PM with just the essential tools needed to completely gut it (fresh axe, shovel, net, vaulting pole, ladder)
  2. Gut the entire island (chop down every tree and dig the stumps up, pick every flower (don't have to dig them out), destroy every rock, empty your inventory on the beaches near water to keep them out of the way, and chase off any bugs that are around.

After you do this, bugs will start rapidly spawning (when I did it, it was always tiger beetles and wharf roaches) in addition to tarantulas. Just keep on netting the tarantulas while shooing off the other bugs until you fill your inventory.

Oh and when I did it I also picked all the weeds but i'm not sure if that is necessary or not.

Only getting giant water bugs but it seems to work.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
So far, the prices for turnips in my island have been 72-68-62 bells per turnip.
Hard to make a profit when you keep lowering the freaking price.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Cute anecdote of the day: yesterday, I had some troubles being online, my internet was acting up bad. My 6 year-old niece wanted to visit but I told her I had problems with the internet. So instead, she sent me a phone as a gift in the game, and that actually melted my heart tons. I didn't expect this game to be a way of sharing so much time with her, but I'm so goddamn happy it is!

Also, on another note, I now have the bestest poster hanging above my (still shitty) bed:

fV1pXf5.jpg

I also went on Harv's island try the Photopia thing, and got the ultimate betrayal of not seeing Reese appear while using my Reese amiibo. They truly have done her dirty, haven't they.

Last edited:

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
If I was told about shooting stars by Celeste should I be staring at the sky or is there nothing special about tonight specifically?

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if someone would answer this for me: can you change the game's language from Japanese to English (and/or back to Japanese) after starting your save by changing the Switch's language?

I know the european version supports japanese, but I'm not sure if you can change the language after you already start playing, since other Nintendo games won't allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.