• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, what is with the timed rock harvest BS? I can go back to a tree to chop the last wood or two from it, why not the same with a rock of all things?

Guess I'll try predigging some holes to control the rebound and maybe discourage villagers from walking up.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
So just found another stupid scenario as player 2. My wife is primary, and she opened the store today and all that. She got the ladder and was able to explore the rest of the island. I get on after, the store is closed, and there's no way for me to get the ladder recipe right now, LOL.

The way they designed this, what were they thinking.
My wife bought an extra ladder and dropped it in front of my house. Not to brag or anything.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
You sweet summer child, the second player experience sucks.

You have to buy it from the store.
That's.. dumb.

He told me to go talk to my wife about what to do, LOL.
LOL. Well I guess she could have crafted an extra and left it for you. But yeah the game seems very limited for the second player, wonder if it's balanced to be more of a casual/child-friendly experience or what the thinking was.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Should have Nook's Cranny and the 98k expansion in the morning, with one day still to go on Blather's museum. Getting all of those iron nuggets was a nightmare with the dumb rock mining mechanics, but 4 ticket islands later it was good to go. Now just to keep growing the horde of donations that Blathers will have to deal with.

I suppose all there will be for tomorrow is continue collecting specimens, work on the 198k expansion, and maybe look into how to plant fruit trees if possible. Maybe I'll jump into one of the southern hemisphere offers later on after I activate a trial for Nintendo Online.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have the cute wrestler figurine for sale in their town right now? I really want/need one.
hgb2JBU.png

It's this guy, to be exact. Any color is fine!

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela
In my country, everything is closed due to the quarantine, so there is no way I could have this game right now ... I've been playing since the Gamecube days, so my only fix for now is New Leaf....

Last edited:

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
If you can let me know, thanks. They aren't coming over until the evening.

Its easy, turns out it is in the main menu settings before you load your save, press - on the main screen and tali to Tom Nook about serious settings.

It gives you the option to delete your AC character and warns you that your building, money and all memories of you will be fine from the island.

(Still struggling a bit as to how to directly link twitter images on here..)

twitter.com

Anastasios Kyriacou on Twitter

“How to delete an extra character & their building #AnimalCrossing #ACNH #NintendoSwitch”

Hope that helps you, buddy.

Deleted member 59

Is there a good daily checklist/to do list out there yet?

My daily routine is always:

- Hit all Rocks (resources and money,)
- Hunt for fossils and golden spot
- shake all trees (for sticks, money and random furniture)
- get wood from all trees
- Talk to Residents
- perform all first 5 Nook Miles +

Then the rest of the day is fishing, bug hunting, island visiting etc and doing more nook miles + stuff to give me things to target at any given time.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Oh my god, the attention to detail.

We have a swinging wall fan (on the wall, of course). It swings back and forth, as normal.
We have a single flower on the table... and it sways when the fan passes it!

It's the little things.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Can;t get the game right now but I was hoping you guys could tell me how the villagers are so far. Are they all nice and inoffensive or are there some jerks and snobs in the mix?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
So it seems like you only get one non-native fruit on nook mile tours. I've spent 10s of thousands of milage points checking out islands instead of progressing. Found the tarantula island and also found an emperor butterfly version as well.

I hated most of the peppy villagers I met on the tours (the tours force you to choose one lazy, one normal and one peppy), so for my peppy pick I did tours until I ran into Audie who I ended up liking (I was originally looking for Chrissy but will just scan her card in later).

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Even better, listen to Blather's information THEN donate everything at once.

This is possible using the third option, forgot what it is but it's the third option after assess fossil. The option says something about getting more information about a fish, bug, or fossil.

Edit: third option also assess fossils before giving you information about it.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
90357632_2676285876026642_4277700887519952896_o.jpg

Made Gold's (Ethan's?) hat/jacket from Pokemon GSC.

I can't find an answer on this, so I'm guessing no. but can we eventually customise trousers/shoes?

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently more nook miles rewards for recipes and furniture unlock after upgrading resident services. Anyone have a list?

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Awww, you can't customize the wrestling figures. I guess I'll just have to buy them all the old fashioned way. 🤑

Are you giving yourself backing before hitting the rocks, so you can get 7-8 items each time?
Have you been visiting other islands with nook miles? I got 30 pieces in just 2 trips this way.
By backing, do you mean the trick with the fence? If so: Not yet. I wanted to try it the "normal way", but I've been to 10 Islands (not that much, I know) and most of the time I only get clay. I'll try to get some tickets and try it with the backing. Thank you.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
By backing, do you mean the trick with the fence? If so: Not yet. I wanted to try it the "normal way", but I've been to 10 Islands (not that much, I know) and most of the time I only get clay. I'll try to get some tickets and try it with the backing. Thank you.
With backing is the only way you should be hitting rocks. Just use a shovel to make 2 holes and wedge yourself in.

Status
Not open for further replies.