• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
What seasonal recipes have northern hemisphere players got so far? This is my current selection in southern hemisphere:

ET2b-wnUEAQ17LD

Oct 27, 2017
No good way to talk to them (does the app work or something?).
You literally have a text chat where you can type whatever you want. You can send it to a specific friend (if they're best friends) or anyone you're friends with that are online and you/them have visited at some point. You can even use the Nintendo App to use your phone's keyboard while you're playing as well as voice chat too

From what I could tell you can't give the person anything. I was able to pick his tree and plant in my place but nothing beyond that.
Other players can pick up anything you drop outside your house

But the worst part is that it doesn't seem like you can just go somewhere and explore. You have to open your gate (and for some dumb reason, you can't keep it open when you go somewhere, it automatically closes).

why can't someone just pop in and be there? Why can't I leave my island open to friends?
Because it'd be crazy to allow someone in your town without you being there. Visitors can pick up ANYTHING dropped on the ground. Best friends can even use axes/shovels meaning they could destroy every rock and tree in your town. Opening your gate is essentially like starting a private server/room. It closes when you go for that very reason, to not allow people in your town when you're not there

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If I'm enjoying this game a lot, would I like New Leaf? I probably wouldn't get it now, but down the road when I'm not spending several hours a day on this.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Museum and Nook's Cranny opened. Decided to have a ceremony for the Museum. Nook's Cranny ceremony will be tomorrow once the bridge is finally complete. Initial neighbors got upgraded homes. Cool that they have DIY workstations too, though I doubt I'll ever use them. Took the quest involving finding three home spots for new neighbors, only have one homing spot picked and it's at the very top near the upper cliff of the island. Good luck getting down from there.

Made a bunch of donations w/only one fossil being a repeat. Made new catches obviously. No tarantula though. Got knocked out twice by that little fucker. Always tomorrow (or never!).

Oh yeah, paid off 98.6k debt. Time for my home to get bigger!

Last edited:

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a list of the fish and bugs that leave after March? I wanna make sure I won't miss anything!

I also might resub to Nintendo online because my turnip prices have been trash! :(

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
If I'm enjoying this game a lot, would I like New Leaf? I probably wouldn't get it now, but down the road when I'm not spending several hours a day on this.
Probably you'd enjoy it but it might feel a lot rougher which I guess is to be expected. Generally yeah if you are enjoying New Horizons then go back and play older games.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to visit spider island and got 180k bells for my trouble (thank you to whoever posted that trick with aggroing one of them and trapping it.)

First house payment is done now and I also got enough materials for the store. Museum should also be finished tomorrow. Good ol' Animal Crossing progress.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
Got two copies, one for me and my kid - in hindsight I should have just bought one so we could live on the same island. Not being able to send her letters and gifts without her inviting me to visit is a bit disappointing.

Also is it possible to only sell a certain quantity of something instead of all of something?

Th ebility to send letters and gifts unlocks in a few days.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I've been catching sharks and the only thing in my head is

"Sharky Shark and the Funky Bunch"

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
This is my first animal crossing and I bought it because I just need something to do during the day to get my mine off of stuff and play while watching tv or twitch. I'm really in love with the game and just doing really mundane is really fun. Just fishing to get a rare fish during the rain for like two hours and I was not bored at all. It weird. I never new I would like it. Came out at the perfect time with all the crap happening.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
So just found another stupid scenario as player 2. My wife is primary, and she opened the store today and all that. She got the ladder and was able to explore the rest of the island. I get on after, the store is closed, and there's no way for me to get the ladder recipe right now, LOL.

The way they designed this, what were they thinking.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
cool of y'all to open gates - but is it mostly for foreign fruit, or what all can you get in other islands in this one?

also there totally has to be a turnip thread by next sunday, yeah?

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
So just found another stupid scenario as player 2. My wife is primary, and she opened the store today and all that. She got the ladder and was able to explore the rest of the island. I get on after, the store is closed, and there's no way for me to get the ladder recipe right now, LOL.

The way they designed this, what were they thinking.
You don't get the ladder recipe from the store do you? That should be from Tom Nook. I'm not sure how that works for a second player but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.