• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
I was able to get my bamboo grove up and running today. Found the bamboo island, so I could get to work on all the bamboo DIY recipes I've been finding. Also shout out to Gulliver, lol. If possible, I might like to stick an animal up here if I can give it the Japanese style house.

89972729_10163517626915232_905027064707416064_o.jpg

This is my first time posting a Switch screenshot to Facebook. The picture quality doesn't seem great for some reason.

That looks great, would you mind letting me catalogue a few items in this picture? Are you able to craft any of them?

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
That looks great, would you mind letting me catalogue a few items in this picture? Are you able to craft any of them?
Aside from the pagoda, which is a Gulliver item, everything else in the picture is from crafting (so cataloging won't let you buy them). I'm not sure I have enough of the young spring bamboo to remake all of them right now, but I can still do some of it.

Edit: oh right, I'm out of bamboo sprouts, so I can't make another lamp until more of them spawn.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That moment you realize you never donated the cherry salmon you caught.....

Oct 25, 2017
I've made a second character already just for fun, I could check tomorrow how is go about deleting the tent.

I assume it would be a case of deleting that account's save file.. Its not like City Folk though that had in-depth village settings and the ability to delete unwanted player characters easily.. Minimal options for some reason now.
If you can let me know, thanks. They aren't coming over until the evening.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I've put some time into this now, and this is my first AC. I'm enjoying my time with it, but the game could really use some QoL features.

No crafting multiple items at a time sucks. The fact that crafting doesn't use items is storage sucks. The lack of a preview system when placing items in the world sucks. I want to put these flowers here and not waste 45 seconds placing an item wrong, digging it up, and trying again over and over.

I know it's a chill game. Still enjoying it a lot, but these issues are slowly starting to become more and more annoying.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
Aside from the pagoda, which is a Gulliver item, everything else in the picture is from crafting (so cataloging won't let you buy them). I'm not sure I have enough of the young spring bamboo to remake all of them right now, but I can still do some of it.

Edit: oh right, I'm out of bamboo sprouts, so I can't make another lamp until more of them spawn.

I think I have like 4 bamboo sprouts from one of those random islands. I have a Kotatsu I can bring you in exchange for the stuff. Do you need any fruit? I have all the trees growing in my town right now but only cherries, pears and peaches currently available.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For local co-op (two people one screen). Can each person only use a single Joy Con? Or could you bring in a pro controller so both players have a full controller?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
What are players allowed to do when you open your gate? Can they pick up dropped items? Pick flowers? Run through and damage flowers? Chop down/dig up trees? Smash rocks?

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
The random islands are truly random? I just got 3 crappy ones in a row, just fruit and wood, not even many rocks. Can they get me to the southern hemisphere or will they all be stuck to mine?

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Hot damn, i found a deserted island with rainy weather where only big fish spawned! So i got a lot of sturgeons, 3 stringfish and 3 coleacanthes!

When the shop pen tomorrow i'm gonna be rich!

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
yeah, fist 3 random islands were the same - same fruit as mine, new villagers at least. last one was more of the same, but waiting on 3 new move-ins so i guess i shouldn't expect anyone? these tickets seem like a waste of nook points at the moment

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I think I have like 4 bamboo sprouts from one of those random islands. I have a Kotatsu I can bring you in exchange for the stuff. Do you need any fruit? I have all the trees growing in my town right now but only cherries, pears and peaches currently available.
It takes 5 sprouts to make it actually, haha. I've got all the fruits.

I've got enough resources left to make the hearth, a green-leaf pile, and either the bamboo noodle slide or the steamer-basket set.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
It takes 5 sprouts to make it actually, haha. I've got all the fruits.

I've got enough resources left to make the hearth, a green-leaf pile, and either the bamboo noodle slide or the steamer-basket set.
I have exactly five sprouts, so I guess I'm lucky. I really want that steamer basket set for sure, is the hot pot a Gulliver item? Also, is there something you'd want in return?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Can we get this confirmed for new players? I am 90% sure they do not appear in the museum but I could be wrong.

Yes they will appear in the Museum. IF you want to unlock the Museum you'll need to donate 5 fish / bugs / fossils to begin with because that is what initiates Tom Nook inviting Blathers to the island to begin its construction

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I have exactly five sprouts, so I guess I'm lucky. I really want that steamer basket set for sure, is the hot pot a Gulliver item? Also, is there something you'd want in return?
If by hot pot you mean the thing in the center of the picture, that's the hearth. It's from a DIY recipe. If you bring the sprouts, then I can make the hearth, the lamp, and the steamer set. A kotatsu would be fine, or anything else you want to give I guess.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I shot a present into the water and it said something about getting it back with Nook Miles, what does that mean?

Does that just mean I lost the chance to get it for free and can buy it instead?

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I shot a present into the water and it said something about getting it back with Nook Miles, what does that mean?

Does that just mean I lost the chance to get it for free and can buy it instead?
It means the game's giving you Nook Miles as a consolation prize for it falling into the water. It's just one of the achievements.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
If by hot pot you mean the thing in the center of the picture, that's the hearth. It's from a DIY recipe. If you bring the sprouts, then I can make the hearth, the lamp, and the steamer set. A kotatsu would be fine, or anything else you want to give I guess.
Sounds good, post a code and I'll visit your island. My villager is named Ayase.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
goddamn,, that's the way to do it!! are you guys coordinating here or in a seperate thread for sunday & beyond? this was so great in the new leaf days

That would be great. I threw everything I had into turnips. And today they were acting like the market followed what is currently going on in the world. My price tanked hard lol.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's very strange that this game doesn't have an in-game calendar anywhere. I suppose it's a casualty of the service oriented holiday structure but at the moment it feels weird not being able to look at a calendar and see when my villagers' birthdays are or when there will be holidays

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I shook a tree and... out popped a hipster mustache! Or whatever it was called. Nice.
ET19BvlXsAMeA7D

I then caved and dropped 36k on a ACNH Switch. My reasoning being I'm in no rush to pay off my house, but who knows when that Switch will show up again in Nook.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
It's very strange that this game doesn't have an in-game calendar anywhere. I suppose it's a casualty of the service oriented holiday structure but at the moment it feels weird not being able to look at a calendar and see when my villagers' birthdays are or when there will be holidays

Holidays will be when they happen in real life typically. At least this was my experience with City Folk on the Wii. Usually an title update and the event lasts a particular period and the game is updated when the holiday ends.

A calendar system would definitely be nice because each Animal definitely has a specific birthday.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Had to sell every turnip I had bought yesterday to barely make it to pay off my debt today. Definitely no way I'll be able to keep my streak up of paying it off though, 700k+ is way too much to earn especially without that turnip handicap to help me out. At least not through the chill way I play the game and with it being workdays now.. Probably is a good thing because I already have too much house room now and no furniture planning to fill it so that presents another opportunity..

One of my neighbors definitely has a way better yard/house than me already since they had an Eastern/Asian style house so I went all out on the fancy walls and bamboo trees and decorations around them. I'll have to see what I want to do with my place, still not sure if I even want to keep my house where it is (if relocation is even a possibility in this one, I just assume it is eventually).

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Had to sell every turnip I had bought yesterday to barely make it to pay off my debt today. Definitely no way I'll be able to keep my streak up of paying it off though, 700k+ is way too much to earn especially without that turnip handicap to help me out. At least not through the chill way I play the game and with it being workdays now.. Probably is a good thing because I already have too much house room now and no furniture planning to fill it so that presents another opportunity..

One of my neighbors definitely has a way better yard/house than me already since they had an Eastern/Asian style house so I went all out on the fancy walls and bamboo trees and decorations around them. I'll have to see what I want to do with my place, still not sure if I even want to keep my house where it is (if relocation is even a possibility in this one, I just assume it is eventually).

Is there a particular reason why you are trying keep a streak of paying off your house despite there is no deadline when it must be paid off?

Status
Not open for further replies.