• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
is it worth it to get the golden tools? They apparently break just like other ones, and gold nuggets are rare

What is the order of tools? Wood > Iron > Gold?

I think Iron is perfectly fine without being super rare and are durable enough to not be overly expensive to replace. It's probably more efficient to sell Gold nuggets or save them for the rare furniture that may use gold rather than waste it on a tool that will break.

I have 30 plus another stack of 13 Iron I'm sitting on in storage. I have zero Gold Nuggets, I bet I'm likely to use at least 5 or 6 of those pieces of Iron until I find another Gold Nugget.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this was in New Leaf and I just didn't notice, but I love that you can close the curtains on your windows and it will affect the lighting in the room.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

Me and my friends are nerds.

I cant get enough of this game.

I've got Zucker and Felicity moving in tomorrow, I don't know who they are so I'm excited.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Now that it's been a few days I wanted to check back in because maybe there's more clarity here
2 Switches
1 digital copy

Switch 1 plays as account that bought the game
Switch 2 plays as another account
Each player has their own island (I know this much should be true)
They can also visit each others islands

Does this work?

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone's shop buying turnips for a high price? I'm trying to pay off my loan tonight and I'd really appreciate some help. 😟

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Is there anything that would be impacted in my game if I visited a friends town who had time traveled?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone's shop buying turnips for a high price? I'm trying to pay off my loan tonight and I'd really appreciate some help. 😟

My town has Turnips for 145 a piece. While not high if you bought them for 90 Gold or so, it'll still be a 1.5X return on your investment.

You could also just wait. Rumor has it Tuesdays is apparently the best day to trade in. According to that IGN article at least.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I swear to god when this fucker finally opens this museum I am going to drown his ass in bugs.

Oct 27, 2017
How does everyone feel about crafting in this game? Granted, I'm not far along, but it really just feels like a nuisance to me. I'm not understanding how it benefits the AC formula in any way, rather than just giving you more busy work.
I love it. Being able to create furniture for free lets me be more choosy about what I spend my bells/miles on. Not to mention crafting often gives you miles to spend on other things. It's a nice loop. I honestly don't see how it's a nuisance outside the first 2, maybe 3 days. Iron tools last a ton of uses and by that point you should have more than enough materials to always be able to craft them again, unless you're doing something seriously wrong (and aside from that time you had to get 30 iron nuggets)

Oct 27, 2017
4 is nothing, sadly...it's very rare and I have yet to entcounter a mystery island with a non-native fruit. And I've visited at least 20 by now.
I don't think it's rare. My native fruit is pears and literally every island I've been to (I think I've been to 6) have either been populated with non-native fruit or had my native fruit + coconuts. Do you guys only getting "native fruit" islands not even have coconuts on their beaches?

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
See those little creatures that hide in the sand? You dig those out with the shovel (Japanese Clams) and you can turn them to bait in the crafting table (You learn how the first time you get one).
Oh nice! I had no idea you could dig those up. The more you know. Thanks!

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
My town has Turnips for 145 a piece. While not high if you bought them for 90 Gold or so, it'll still be a 1.5X return on your investment.

You could also just wait. Rumor has it Tuesdays is apparently the best day to trade in. According to that IGN article at least.

Oh, I didn't know that. Maybe I'll hold off till tomorrow then. Thank you!

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
I remember in the 3DS version catching a lot of cicadas on trees. Are they not in this game? Or do they only appear at certain times of the year?
Cicadas emerge from the ground in summer, so that would be around June/November, depending on your hemisphere.

Still think it's a shame that the animals don't visit the shop/museum etc, but ah well.
The one advantage I guess is that you don't have to look -everywhere- for your villagers; but I kinda wish they'd let non-villagers show up in your museum.
There've been promotional material with animals in the Museum, a clip during the Direct, even.
Switch_ACNH_0220-Direct_Advanced_SCRN_07.jpg

I'm certain this has been asked and answered several times but I cannot find the answer. What is the maximum amount of villagers that can reside in your island ? Also I share my island with my brother and his own character, does he count as a villager ?
Yes, you and your brother count towards the total population number, that being 10.

Someone said it before, but it'd be awesome if the game was updated to give the Museum and aviary. It might not "work" considering birds are one of the animals that are sentient, but it'd be cool
I would be a little akward, but other animal birds that have appeared before include white pigeons, a yellow chick and owls... So maybe?

So I planted a bunch of trees with enough space around them yet some aren't growing...anyone know why?
Be careful not to step or run over the sappling, that can damage it.

Apologies if this has been asked, will I ever get a chance to grow a money tree again? I currently have 10k that was gifted from a balloon however I haven't seen any more glow holes
Try to explore every last bit of your Island, even better during the night, so you can better spot the glowing effect.

I haven't watered my planted fruit since I put them in the ground

I am dumb
You don't have to water trees.

...right?
Yeah, trees don't need water. 😅

You guys!!!

I accidentally built over all the rocks except one on Day 1 and haven't been able to harvest any iron nuggets :(

But the game is lovely
You might want to consider resetting your game to start anew. :/
Or hope the Nook Miles to travel to other islands saves you.

So what happens if after I fully complete the new villagers exteriors and interiors, I can go back and pickup the exterior stuff, does that affect anything?
They weren't programmed to react to you stealing their stuff, so is safe. :P

Are trees without fruit useful for anything or can I remove all of them?
Why would you want to remove your trees? lol
I guess you need some to farm sticks.

Oct 25, 2017
I did end up getting a sturgeon, no bait, on a mystery island trip. That's also how I got a coelacanth.

I wonder if the fishing on mystery islands offers more chances at rare fish. Probably.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I did end up getting a sturgeon, no bait, on a mystery island trip. That's also how I got a coelacanth.

I wonder if the fishing on mystery islands offers more chances at rare fish. Probably.

i need to find a mystery island with cliff. i really need that stringfish, farming clams is so annoying!

i hope there's an advanced bench later that let you make multiple items at once...

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

I was actually coming in here to post this.

On mystery islands the chances of rarer fish spawning are higher because there's less there. So if you go to the river and despawn anything that's not in the mouth of the river, you can essentially guarantee that a sturgeon will spawn.

This guy explains it better:

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
Cicadas emerge from the ground in summer, so that would be around June/November, depending on your hemisphere.

There've been promotional material with animals in the Museum, a clip during the Direct, even.

Yes, you and your brother count towards the total population number, that being 10.

I would be a little akward, but other animal birds that have appeared before include white pigeons, a yellow chick and owls... So maybe?

Try to explore every last bit of your Island, even better during the night, so you can better spot the glowing effect.

So I read that on Day 2 I can get the thing that helps you across the water, there will be more rocks then. I won't have to reset thankfully!

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
I'm on a single level island...cleared everything off and put all flowers on the beach.....seen 3 tarantulas but only caught one

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a difference between the Simply and Mini DIY benches other then them looking different and the later requiring more materials? Can only certain things be made on the later?

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually coming in here to post this.

On mystery islands the chances of rarer fish spawning are higher because there's less there. So if you go to the river and despawn anything that's not in the mouth of the river, you can essentially guarantee that a sturgeon will spawn.

This guy explains it better:

wellthereitis.gif

Good video. Thanks for posting it!

Oct 25, 2017
Celeste just came by my village to visit (rip cafe) and talked about shooting stars. Does this mean I'm going to see some tonight if I wait it out?

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

If I replant the sapling, will that fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.