• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So I have a new villager that moved in today, and two more on the way.

When I visit random islands now, I noticed they no longer have any new characters hanging around. Is this temporary until the rest of my new residents move in?

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't do sharing myself so I may be wrong here, but isn't the whole deal that it shares your access to the Lite Switch where you're the primary account? And then only you can access it elsewhere, on the OG?

That's why people set the opposite of the one they actually play as the primary, to my understanding. It makes a certain kind of sense- only the primary account shares its games to everyone, basically?

I get that, but the OG Switch is also checking in online every two hours or so, right? It seems so restrictive for local multiplayer for Animal Crossing of all games, especially when there's only one island allowed per Switch.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Play online", you might say. Online hinges around having stuff to do. In the old games I could hang out in the cafe, talk to 5+ villagers in a neighbor's town, buy stuff from Nook, see the museum, and check the observatory. All *on top of* what you can do in this game: fish, catch bugs, and once you get the pole, see the other half of your starting town.
a lot of this stuff wasnt available until later into the game in the old games as well. its somewhat disappointing that there isnt a lot to do in the early game but a lot of this stuff wasnt there from the start even back then.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saw on reddit there were some villages selling turnips for 400-550 each so it looks like there will be high prices to be had.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yea so like if I pickup furniture, an then read the sign it still says everything has been completed for this project. I could use some of the furniture or sell it for profit, but I wonder what happens
So, one of my villagers moved in today and is unpacking, but his outdoor furniture is still outside (makes sense) and I can still pick them up and put them in my pocket. So like... what happens then? Will he wonder where it went? Will I be accused of stealing?

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the museum and they have gone above and beyond once again for the designs of the exhibits. The fossil exhibit in particular is so cool

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
'yeah what's the time required vs reward?
This islands I've visited with Nook Tickets are pretty small. I would guess It would take me about 10 minutes to sprint around to scare off insects, break the rocks i find, and collect all of the flowers. And you get about 250K bells in return. Maybe more. Seems like a super efficient means of farming to me.

EDIT: forgot about the trees. that's annoying. Make it 15-20 minutes. Still worth it for half a million bells tbh.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Man. Just did online for the first time with a friend. Feels like I went back in time to the Wii era. What a disappointment.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, how long do I have to play before the hourly music kicks in? I'm almost tired of the beginning music.

Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: forgot about the trees. that's annoying. Make it 15-20 minutes. Still worth it for half a million bells tbh.
I don't understand. Literally just have a bunch of your island's fruit available, eat 10 of them, and that lets you dig up trees in one go. I've never tried eating another 10 (is there a daily limit), but that should be enough to easily get rid of all the trees

Man. Just did online for the first time with a friend. Feels like I went back in time to the Wii era. What a disappointment.
Why? Aside from the initial load, everything else is completely seemless and lag free

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Turnips are selling in my town for 141.

Is it true they nerfed sell prices to a 150 max? If so I'm happy to open my town for a bit.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish we could build fences diagonaly, I wish this game was more than what i thought it would be

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
This is my first AC game but why is placing objects around your island/house so finicky? It's so hard to tell where you're putting things exactly and what direction it's facing. Why isn't there a silhouette to guide you and a rotate function? Am I missing something or is there something to unlock later?

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
d2rgme9vqeo41.jpg

I don't understand Animal Crossing anymore.... XD

Status
Not open for further replies.