• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else notice items falling through the terrain/disappearing? Several times now, I've had fruit that I shook from a tree & even a present I shot from the sky, fell through the terrain and was not able to be retrieved.

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
I tried yesterday but the topic moves so fast. I'm looking for a spare crown that anyone can trade, not to be confused with the royal crown. It was something I wore in New Leaf so I'm trying to get it back.

I can either trade or pay you for it of course!

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I placed 3 land areas for future residents. Now they're demanding specific indoor and outdoor furnitures before moving in? Lol Get your own furniture.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
For an AC newbie, is there any tricks to catching bees besides swing wildly and hope you get them?

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
How are people catching some of the pricier fish and bugs? Is there something that increases your chance of getting something like a shark?

Just luck. Sharks are only available in the Southern Hemisphere (or at least much more likely) right now. Same with many others. This will change with the seasons. Use bait in places like cliff lakes or the dock to repeatedly spawn fish to increase your chances of rare fish like stringfish.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
No. Messing with the clock will spoil turnips it the game realizes you did something impossible, like logging in at 11am on the 23rd and then again at 10am the same day. Same goes for skipping ahead a lot and then coming back to present day.

Huh? I understand how time traveling works, I was questioning what they meant by "If you leave your turnips behind while you time travel". I was saying that there's no way to leave them behind that I know, since they'll be in your world when you time travel.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Found a nook island with non native fruit - 50 pears so a nice 25k

are people planning large orchard with non native fruit or something else?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Question for the time travellers, would appreciate a spoiler answer:
can you at any time later on pick a villager you actually want, or would i just be shit out of luck if I have a specific one in mind and they just won't show up anywhere
?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
A few days after your 5th resident moves in. So little more than a week.

Cool. I have the ones I need, just gotta wait for them to come in.

Feel like I'm getting the hang of the gameplay loop. While I walk to point A for a task, see a fish in the water, stop and grab my rod and cast it. See a bug, get my net. It's easy to get caught in the loop because you keep making sidetracks while on your way to a task, but that's the fun of it.

In some ways, I wish I played the series sooner, but it also seems like the perfect timing to jump in.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
I've been trying to play this a bit with my son. He is the main player, I just drop in every now and then. Problem is when I'm not there he keeps inviting my character in and them steals all my bells and anything else of interest.

He even stole all my clothes.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the point where Nook wants me to build a bridge and decide where 3 new residents are moving in. Are those residents already decided in my game or can I still recruit from random islands? So far I've only asked one island-goer to join my town.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Question for the time travellers, would appreciate a spoiler answer:
can you at any time later on pick a villager you actually want, or would i just be shit out of luck if I have a specific one in mind and they just won't show up anywhere
?
not a time traveler but no animal crossing has ever let you pick. unless you get to pick additional Islanders after your fifth resident arrives.

I have been slacking in picking up weeds in certain parts of my island. (still can't get access to higher ground yet)

So, are you saying that having too many weeds may cause drop items to disappear?

The fruit had nowhere to fall and gets...lost in the weeds.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Are paths in this game just designs you put in the floor? Do they sell designs in the game?

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else notice items falling through the terrain/disappearing? Several times now, I've had fruit that I shook from a tree & even a present I shot from the sky, fell through the terrain and was not able to be retrieved.

Yes, had this happen to me the other night. Shot a slingshot at a present that was over the jetty, and it landed between a "crack" of a lower rock/higher rock and just completely disappeared.

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017
not a time traveler but no animal crossing has ever let you pick. unless you get to pick additional Islanders after your fifth resident arrives.

The fruit had nowhere to fall and gets...lost in the weeds.

I understand now, when I experienced the disappearing items, it's because it fell on top of a bunch of weeds and had no other place to go. Thanks for the help.

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Ok, got the game on Friday - Blathers is currently building the actual musem, I have a proper spade - honestly thought I was doing grand. Then I read here and hell, how do some people get so much done!!! Is there some trick im missing?
The reason I want to know is, at some stage I'll get bored but would like to actually accomplish something before then - my AC experience on the 3DS was that.
Any tips for speeding my progression up, outside of adjusting the system clock?

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
So what happens if after I fully complete the new villagers exteriors and interiors, I can go back and pickup the exterior stuff, does that affect anything?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Ok, got the game on Friday - Blathers is currently building the actual musem, I have a proper spade - honestly thought I was doing grand. Then I read here and hell, how do some people get so much done!!! Is there some trick im missing?
The reason I want to know is, at some stage I'll get bored but would like to actually accomplish something before then - my AC experience on the 3DS was that.
Any tips for speeding my progression up, outside of adjusting the system clock?

I try to complete all the tasks in a day. This can take me anywhere from 1-3 hours. I got it Thursday night and my cycle started then. Can't remember when I got the museum up, but it was probably around Saturday.

Go to islands to mine for items, especially ores on rocks. Get non-native fruit from friends, they sell for a ton and you can plant trees.

I'm on my 5th day and I have...

-Paid off my first 98k loan (begun construction on expanding the house)
-Invited 3 villagers (1 came so far)
-Built 3 houses
-Built a bridge
-Built Blathers' museum and filled it up with lots of critters
-Got all the hair upgrades and tool DIY upgrade from Nook shop

And probably other things I'm not thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.