• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
By the way, I found a surefire way of catching wasps. You need to be quick, but it seems to be consistent.

Step 1. Either shake a tree or hit it with an axe to shake loose a wasp's nest. Make sure you're positioned in the bottom-left or bottom-right of the tree, so the nest drops in the opposite bottom corner. I think it may work if you're to the side of the tree, too.
Step 2. Press left or right on the D-pad to quick switch to your net (if empty-handed, it needs to be the last tool you used; if using an axe, it needs to be adjacent to the net in the inventory menu).
Step 3. MASH the A button to do a swing as soon as possible. You should catch a wasp just before the swarm reaches you.

I got 3 in a row yesterday doing this method.
I usually the trees net in hand, get some branches. That way if a wasp falls out, I instantly just catch then. Then I go back with the axe.

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked, will I ever get a chance to grow a money tree again? I currently have 10k that was gifted from a balloon however I haven't seen any more glow holes

also, in case you don't know, if you hover over your money while in your inventory, you can separate out bundles of bells. So you can add the 10k to your wallet and then separate it out of your wallet into a sack when you find the golden hole again.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
So I was wearing a hat with a custom design on it, and then I put a flower in my hair and the hat isn't in my inventory. Any idea where it went?

Adlez

Oct 25, 2017
ET0BowGUwAUNUYm
please lemme catalog the tool bench and tool set

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So now i did all 3 new resident houses, but only one new resident came today, guess they'll come one by one each day?

Now what else is there to do? I've got nothing new! Hopefully tomorrow they'll introduce something... do they introduce something new everyday? Does someone know?

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
So now i did all 3 new resident houses, but only one new resident came today, guess they'll come one by one each day?

Now what else is there to do? I've got nothing new! Hopefully tomorrow they'll introduce something

Also I'm not too fond of my map, didn't had lot of choices, and everything is separated by lots of rivers, and i end up not having lots of space! I can't wait until i can change it all!

I did all the neighbours house far away to encourage exploring a bit, lol

I'll post a pic later

Now what else is there to do? I've got nothing new! Hopefully tomorrow they'll introduce something... do they introduce something new everyday? Does someone know?

LalVXAV.png

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me please?

I figured I would post here before starting a new thread but does this game punish your second villager with less features?

My girlfriend is losing interest because while the game keeps rewarding me with new jobs and missions, it does not do the same for her when she signs in nor does it let her help me with mine.

She hasn't been getting new DIY recipes like I have.
She isn't being asked to be involved in decisions around the island.
She isn't allowed to see what the Under Construction houses need before they can be built.
When she tries to check or help with projects the game literally tells her to ask me about instead.

Are there ways around this?
Are we missing something here?

On the surface, this is really awful and makes the experience or sharing an island with someone less of a community effort than it did previously.

I want her to enjoy her time playing with me but she's losing interest or debating buying a second switch and starting her own island (which will kill a lot of my own interest in the game).

Did she get fucked over simply because I started the island first?

It sucks but one thing you can do it buy additional DIY recipes for the second person from Tommy/Timmy.

If you're bored on your island, feel free to come visit mine with Dodo Code DQ42J.

It is Axel's birthday so if you've ever wanted to party with an elephant, now is your chance. I also have pears if anyone needs them. Turnips are going for like 45 Bells :(

Ahh I have Axel too and I gave him a shirt for his birthday bc the one he wears is ugly

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
You guys!!!

I accidentally built over all the rocks except one on Day 1 and haven't been able to harvest any iron nuggets :(

But the game is lovely

supermatt

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks but one thing you can do it buy additional DIY recipes for the second person from Tommy/Timmy.

Ahh I have Axel too and I gave him a shirt for his birthday bc the one he wears is ugly

Lol, I just gave him a mug because I had just bought it from Nook and it was all I had on me. He seemed okay with it.

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
Is there a way to rearrange your pocket inventory?

Also having to take stuff out of storage to craft is so annoying

Strat

Apr 8, 2018

If you're expecting significantly new things every day of the year, then you've got the completely wrong impression of the game.

God, I can't imagine some of the people here enjoying the totally flat/drawn out unlocking curve of previous AC games.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rather disappointed that a bridge will take another day to make. Like, I already chopped all that wood and have the materials to make, especially logs. This should be ready from the get go. Guess I'll spend the day making more bridges around the island so I don't have to keep switching to the vaulting pole.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rather disappointed that a bridge will take another day to make. Like, I already chopped all that wood and have the materials to make, especially logs. Like this should be ready from the get go. Guess I'll spend the day making more bridges around the island so I don't have to keep switching to the vaulting pole.
Except you can't, you wont have the recipe right away, only for one right now.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I caught a stringfish by chance last night. Didn't even realize how rare it was haha. It was in a little pond area in the upper part of island.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
If you're expecting significantly new things every day of the year, then you've got the completely wrong impression of the game.

God, I can't imagine some of the people here enjoying the totally flat/drawn out unlocking curve of previous AC games.

nah i know it's not like that... but the beginning there's lot of thing missing... like the hourly mjusic not being there from the start is a terrible idea...

So i just hope that the beginning there's at least one new thing each day

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I found a surefire way of catching wasps. You need to be quick, but it seems to be consistent.

Step 1. Either shake a tree or hit it with an axe to shake loose a wasp's nest. Make sure you're positioned in the bottom-left or bottom-right of the tree, so the nest drops in the opposite bottom corner. I think it may work if you're to the side of the tree, too.
Step 2. Press left or right on the D-pad to quick switch to your net (if empty-handed, it needs to be the last tool you used; if using an axe, it needs to be adjacent to the net in the inventory menu).
Step 3. MASH the A button to do a swing as soon as possible. You should catch a wasp just before the swarm reaches you.

I got 3 in a row yesterday doing this method.

This actually works?

Nice because i thought the same thing as i noticed it takes a bit before the wasps attack.

Sadly i had fucked up the switching when trying it and haven't seen any since

Status
Not open for further replies.