• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Guys.
Timmy and Tommy are selling toilet paper, but when I went to buy it they warned me that supplies were limited. Are my islanders panic buying TP too?

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Is there a list of stuff I should catch before the end of march somewhere?
There used to be someone who made these really nice clean images with each of the fish and where they spawn/conditions/times on them for the bugs and the fish. I hope they do them for New Horizions.

Or...didn't there used to be a really great phone app that had similar information? I dunno if anyone made one yet for NH though.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Is there a list of stuff I should catch before the end of march somewhere?
i just posted this list earlier. let me find it.

edit:
So this is the list of catches you need by the end of the March, it seems, for Northern Hemisphere:

Bitterling : Nov-Mar : River : All day

Football Fish : Nov-Mar : Ocean : 4 PM - 9 AM

Sea Butterfly : Dec-Mar : Ocean : All day

Stringfish : Dec-Mar : River (Clifftop) : 4 PM - 9 AM

Sturgeon : Sept - Mar : River (Mouth, where the river meets the sea) : All day

Yellow Perch : Oct - Mar : River : All day

Emperor Butterfly : Dec-Mar, June-Sept : Flying : 5 PM - 8 AM

information gathered from here:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/animal-crossing-new-horizons-fish-guide/1100-6474887/
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/animal-crossing-new-horizons-bugs-guide/1100-6475001/

RobiniboR

Oct 29, 2017
If anyone wants to come hang out on my island it's open for half an hour or so. I've got apples, pears and peaches! Dodo F7MV5

Oct 25, 2017
That time of the month. No need to make a thread about it but we're getting our monthly metacritic review bomb. Lots of 0s are coming out claiming the one island per switch restriction is literally ruining games for people and their lovers. I don't believe any of this because none of these people can get one.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Can someone help me please?

I figured I would post here before starting a new thread but does this game punish your second villager with less features?

My girlfriend is losing interest because while the game keeps rewarding me with new jobs and missions, it does not do the same for her when she signs in nor does it let her help me with mine.

She hasn't been getting new DIY recipes like I have.
She isn't being asked to be involved in decisions around the island.
She isn't allowed to see what the Under Construction houses need before they can be built.
When she tries to check or help with projects the game literally tells her to ask me about instead.

Are there ways around this?
Are we missing something here?

On the surface, this is really awful and makes the experience or sharing an island with someone less of a community effort than it did previously.

I want her to enjoy her time playing with me but she's losing interest or debating buying a second switch and starting her own island (which will kill a lot of my own interest in the game).

Did she get fucked over simply because I started the island first?

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how to make paths and stuff on the ground outside? I got fencing from Nook but I want to create a little pathway outside of my house.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone help me please?

I figured I would post here before starting a new thread but does this game punish your second villager with less features?

My girlfriend is losing interest because while the game keeps rewarding me with new jobs and missions, it does not do the same for her when she signs in nor does it let her help me with mine.

She hasn't been getting new DIY recipes like I have.
She isn't asking to be involved in decisions around the island.
She isn't allowed to see what the Under Construction houses need before they can be built.

Are there ways around this?
Are we missing something here?

On the surface, this is really awful and makes the experience or sharing an island with someone less of a community effort than it did previously.

I want her to enjoy her time playing with me but she's losing interest or debating buying a second switch and starting her own island (which will kill a lot of my own interest in the game).

Unfortunately, there's no way around this unless you buy another Switch and another copy of Animal Crossing. Second villager gets shafted so hard, they can't really do much except mine resources. Hopefully Nintendo can implement some kind of fix for this in the future, but I see a ton of people in this thread with the same issues.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
So were rugs just a total pain to place in the older AC games? Can't imagine getting it right (rotation, etc) without the new decorator mode.

Also, why can't we use that outside?! D:

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Unfortunately, there's no way around this unless you buy another Switch and another copy of Animal Crossing. Second villager gets shafted so hard, they can't really do much except mine resources. Hopefully Nintendo can implement some kind of fix for this in the future, but I see a ton of people in this thread with the same issues.
Are you serious??

This can't be true. I literally wouldn't have bought us the game had I known this were the case.

None of the reviews I checked mentioned this

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Your map is looking awesome! I like the two mountain lakes you have! Didn't know rivers could split like that!
thanks. i thought it an interesting map. im gonna put the next set of houses down in E2 along the water, assuming i get to place them.

It's not a ringing, it's a 2-note string song like the Jaws theme. Super weird. It was actually kind of unsettling.

thats very weird. im confused. lol.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an iPhone app to keep track of the items you've purchased? I know there's the catalog to see if you've acquired an item before, but it's pretty clunky to have to to check that whenever there'a new item to see if it's something you've had before. I had an app like this on my computer for Wild World a million hears ago but it'd be even more convenient on a smartphone.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Can you all share your town maps? I want to see what you're working with!

ETzlSQKUwAEdTHK

This is the state of my island on day 5:

etz2_lqu8a4hiljgojhh.jpg

The best feature is probably not the peaches or the ORANGE airport but the straight path from Dodo dock to Residents Services. Houses and facilities get cramped into the central area south of the river for now. I'm trying to keep the western and eastern edges a bit untamed. The upper plateau is for gardening.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
I'll confirm with everyone else it can happen. I got oranges at home and with 3 tickets I got 2 islands with cherries and made 30-40k bells each visit. Prior to that I never seen that before after several tickets. It seems very rare and I got lucky. I think its one of those special islands probably. These cherry islands had no animals on them to recruit either. I took a screen of it too because I was excited lol.
I am aware they exist, it's just that I've gone on around 50 tours, including spending the last seven hours doing nothing but tours, and I've yet to see any new fruit, and it's driving me insane. I've seen the bamboo island half a dozen times as well as two islands with nothing but hybrid flowers. I just want some new fruit.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Dierdre is running around my island with her arms out behind her like an airplane... sprinting in straight lines, stopping, turning and continuing lol.

The villagers are definitely more fun than New Leaf.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So now i did all 3 new resident houses, but only one new resident came today, guess they'll come one by one each day?

Now what else is there to do? I've got nothing new! Hopefully tomorrow they'll introduce something

Also I'm not too fond of my map, didn't had lot of choices, and everything is separated by lots of rivers, and i end up not having lots of space! I can't wait until i can change it all!

I did all the neighbours house far away to encourage exploring a bit, lol

I'll post a pic later

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I am aware they exist, it's just that I've gone on around 50 tours, including spending the last seven hours doing nothing but tours, and I've yet to see any new fruit, and it's driving me insane. I've seen the bamboo island half a dozen times as well as two islands with nothing but hybrid flowers. I just want some new fruit.

If it's just about the fruit, why not visit someone's island? The google sheet for this thread has a fruit tracker.

supermatt

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Closing gate for a bit.

If you're bored on your island, feel free to come visit mine with Dodo Code DQ42J.

It is Axel's birthday so if you've ever wanted to party with an elephant, now is your chance. I also have pears if anyone needs them. Turnips are going for like 45 Bells :(

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States

Just visit some other peoples islands. The chances for non native fruit on a tour are very low. I got my orchard planted on day 2.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone please confirm the trigger for first residents to upgrade to houses?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a non Apple island I can visit to sell some at? Almost done with my 349k loan x.x

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what the trigger is, but my original 2 switched to houses on the same day the first of the new 3 moved in.

Cool, thanks - that does make sense.

A friend joined his girlfriends island as a resident and they have upgraded on her island - it may count in that case.

I should find out tomorrow when someone moves in.

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I have one bridge that leads to one new resident, and the two other houses I plotted are in an area that is not accessible by a bridge yet....

Can you buy more bridges at some point? I might have screwed up no having all three ready to go...

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
PSA: If you leave your turnips behind while you time travel, they spoil! Even if you just go forward by a day and then come back! Great!

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are you serious??

This can't be true. I literally wouldn't have bought us the game had I known this were the case.

None of the reviews I checked mentioned this
It really is a huge bummer. I assume secondary players were hardly a thing at all in terms of the reviewers. But it'd be great to make Nintendo aware of how many issues this is casuing now that the game is widespread. It really just becomes more and more apparent how shafted player 2 gets as you progress more in the game. The fact that there is seemingly no reason it can't work properly doesn't help soften the blow.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So I have one bridge that leads to one new resident, and the two other houses I plotted are in an area that is not accessible by a bridge yet....

Can you buy more bridges at some point? I might have screwed up no having all three ready to go...

it's a DIY recipe so yes? just make another no?

Status
Not open for further replies.