• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Can you all share your town maps? I want to see what you're working with!

ETzlSQKUwAEdTHK

Also, I'm loving how much more the title screen is showing personality as the town grows! Gotta go fast!

Oct 29, 2017
That doesn't seem like a good time for people sharing a Switch.

Is it as bad as it sounds? Because that sounds like a major dealbreaker even for first time casual players.
For what it's worth, I've been sharing my Switch with 2 other people and they are completely addicted to it, they constantly tell me that they enjoy it a lot (I'm the resident representative or whatever you call it). We're on our day 7 if I'm not mistaken (Able's and RS are being built right now).

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
A lot happened after I woke up this morning:
The museum is nowfully constructed. Wow, it is amazing inside. I can see myself going in there every day to chill.
And Cranston moved in! I finished the tasks for all three houses, so I guess the next villager will be tomorrow.
I paid off my 98k loan. Time to expand my house and get in even more debt!

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
180 is extremely unlikely, basically 130-140 is already a great sale point. They seem to have nerfed the max sale price of turnips in NH a good bit.

there's people here saying they saw island with price from 400 to 500.... So on a big forum like that you better wait a bit!

I sold my turnip at 124 bells and feel extremely dumb now.... Next week i'm gonna be rich though

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the game actually has a lot more "structure" or objectives than I expected from all the "but what do you do?" stories I heard over the years.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Turnip at 115 here. Thing I'm going to HOLD. (bought at $93).

This misty garden animated wall paper is cool too. Feel like it'll be a while before i pay off the second loan.

I bought my turnips for 90. Got 1200 for 108,000 Bells.

The current going Sell price on my Island is 145. Which I think is a good return. If anyone is interested in selling on my Island, I'm available.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I bought 50 turnips at 98 bells yesterday, today they are selling for 114. Gonna hold out for a better deal. I'll need to buy a ton more next time so I can really rake i the bells.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm now working from home, brb going to live in my Animal Crossing island for 18 months

neilyadig

Nov 13, 2017
Being 5/5 in terms of good villagers so far feels pretty good! I started with Reneigh and Lyman, then found Bianca and Bob* on random islands, then noticed that Fauna would be the 3rd one moving in with the three houses I'm building.

This is looking to be my favorite set of villagers yet! I hope it keeps up!
Are there bad villagers tho?

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
the game actually has a lot more "structure" or objectives than I expected from all the "but what do you do?" stories I heard over the years.

I didn't play a lot of New Leaf but did play a lot of the GC one - this one is definitely more structured, due to the 'desert island' theme. Way more stuff is ready to go for you when you show up in other AC games.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
It's definitely more than past games.

Like notably more. The in game achievements are new, building the bulk of your town is new, etc
I didn't play a lot of New Leaf but did play a lot of the GC one - this one is definitely more structured, due to the 'desert island' theme. Way more stuff is ready to go for you when you show up in other AC games.

oh. well I'm glad this is my first then >_>

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Day 4.

Pretty uneventful compared to the last few days...

Museum is built which is neat. I love that part in the fossil section that shows the different villager animals in terms of evolution with a space for the player to stand.

Also Zucker moved in. Awesome, always wanted an octopus. He's still unpacking. The initialr two villagers have a house now from a tent but I guess it takes a bit for them to set up?

Only crafting mission I did today was the wardrobe for the crafting customization option, and I got all the normal level tools made.

Spent the rest of the day fishing and managed to pay off my loan. One trip to an island was also lucrative as it had tons of pears and I caught a ton of pricey sea bass.

First house upgrade on its way tomorrow!
Lmao "pricey sea bass"
This isn't the normal amount of progression at all, it's a big change for the series. It feels like they added a "campaign" to the beginning of the game, basically like you're building out the town to the point it's normally at when you first start in the older games.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have to say, it's VERY disappointing my husband can't setup his own island or at LEAST be co-town representative. Really hurts the fun factor for both of us.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
What's the situation with having one than one user account / player on a single Switch? I share my Switch with my young daughter (she's nearly 6) and I've been a big Animal Crossing fan since the GameCube version, but I think she'd also really dig playing New Horizons.

I'm kind of torn between the idea of us playing together - i.e. sharing a character - or playing on the same console, but with separate characters. How well does the latter work?

Oct 25, 2017
This is my first Animal Crossing since the Gamecube one. I remember loving that game, but I haven't played it in fifteen years.

This AC is so good, it makes me wonder why I never played the Wii version, at least. I love the slow pace. As someone who played a lot of Don't Starve and The Long Dark, it's so nice to have one of these games where you can craft and explore at your leisure and not have to worry about dying constantly.

Sep 24, 2019
This is so weird for me, being part of this forum/thread.

For me Animal Crossing was always a very solo experience, with occasional trips to the wiki to read up on mechanics.

But this here is pretty exciting. Sharing so many things.

Oct 27, 2017
It was done intentionally, according to recent interviews. In the past your town is already mostly built and populated with way more residents to start and then you can build/modify things on top of that. In this game they have you start from scratch and give you significantly more control over every aspect, and they spread it out over the starting days it seems like.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo really needs to give details on how the non 'primary' player can get the DIY recipes at the very least. As days progress I feel like such a lesser resident. Player 1's crafting possibilities have me green with envy.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
I've not yet played any Animal Crossing game, but just wanted to say that this game has a ton of reach. A lot of my old friends are playing this and it's surprising.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So i got my first new resident... i guess they will come one by one the following day?

And when will i be able to do something new? Aside from paying my house everything is done, museum, new houses, third loan, and so on... but i'm still waiting on hourly music, isabelle, more upgrades, and so on!

Hopefully tomorrow!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Totally just wasted an hour trying to figure out customizing phone cases only to realize how much of a mess it is, welp.

I dislike ever posting my tweets here, but it's faster:

It's a very minor thing, and I guess pretty dang hard to see in play anyway, but I wish it was cleaner to design for! I am very bad at art/being creative, but am suddenly finding myself messing with the designs and customizations a lot more than expected? So it's unfortunate to not be able to do this too, especially having spent that much time only to fail...

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
does nooks cranny upgrade as well? i remember in old games as you bought more crap from them they'd expand

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I'm in the North so I don't think so, I did do fishing but I didn't catch anything unusual. I can't find anything online about it, the sound goes away after a while. Happened twice last night, one on my island and one on a random island. If you moved the sound would get quieter and louder, I tried digging as well and found nothing.
its not a mole cricket?

I just put in a DIY workbench into my home to make things more convenient.
Yeah, it sucks. I put my workbench in the house because at least I can quickly go through storage. But it's annoying when a craft requires pre-reqs and I have to go through those steps, too.

Yeah, i got the workbench in the house but, still... even MORE reason for it to pull directly from storage.

Oct 27, 2017
Totally just wasted an hour trying to figure out customizing phone cases only to realize how much of a mess it is, welp.

I dislike ever posting my tweets here, but it's faster:

It's a very minor thing, and I guess pretty dang hard to see in play anyway, but I wish it was cleaner to design for! I am very bad at art/being creative, but am suddenly finding myself messing with the designs and customizations a lot more than expected? So it's unfortunate to not be able to do this too, especially having spent that much time only to fail...

Can you change the preview display to phone case? It seems you have it previewing it as a painting

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
Also I just noticed there is a bit of beach behind all of our islands. Looks like a plot that will be used for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.