• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would they drop the Gyroid completely, painting at the museum and Brewster???
I thought this version of Animal Crossing would be the Ultimate (to be fair, i dont care about gyroid)

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
uuuugh, i feel so duuuumb! I though selling my turnip at 124 bells was a high price, turns out they can go insanely high! Sure i did make a profit, but it's really low compared to what i could have made....

Welp, lesson learned for next sunday... i'm gonna be rich this time!

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you both, will I miss anything jumping into AC so late though? Couple months down the line?

Aren't there daily challenges, what are the legs on these games, will the online/connectivity content be lost?
You have your own daily challenges, but yes, part of the fun for me is jumping in with the others now that buzz about it, so I would prioritize AC for now.

You'll still enjoy it immensely in a few months though.

Jan 2, 2018
Can I get rid of the normal trees or are they useful for something?

And where is Mable? She talked to Timmy or Tommy yesterday, but she is nowhere to be seen today.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Umm, so, built the museum, and what the heck? Did they seriously
remove both swimming/diving AND paintings? Because there don't seem to be spots for either.

The museum is beautiful and I'm liking a lot of what they've done with the game, but if that's the case, that really sucks.

There is no way that there isn't an art gallery upstairs via DLC. Look at that fancy staircase going nowhere.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The sound effect of the fence being hammered in is very satisfying to me for some reason

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just transplating native fruit from nook islands via the power of the shovel.

For non native I'll have a nursery where they can grow in a big open space, then I'll move them to their final destination.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The first person on the island is "in charge" after that any other accounts on your Switch will share their island but will be limited in what they can do.

It's dumb, yes.

That doesn't seem like a good time for people sharing a Switch.

Is it as bad as it sounds? Because that sounds like a major dealbreaker even for first time casual players.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Loving all the music themed stuff I've been getting

ETzZFcpUYAARDyc
Is there a site you can nab QR codes for the album artwork? I want Aphex in my room too!
Really neat decor overall :)

Oct 25, 2017
Man alive, this game is good. Got the store and museum up (finally) and it feels like the game is already doing its part to make things easier. The drop-off box is brilliant and bulk donations feels like a legit game-changer (can't recall if that was possible in previous games). I hope that means there are other QoL improvements to come when things upgrade more and more. Would love a crafting table that lets me do multiple items in one go.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
uuuugh, i feel so duuuumb! I though selling my turnip at 124 bells was a high price, turns out they can go insanely high! Sure i did make a profit, but it's really low compared to what i could have made....

Welp, lesson learned for next sunday... i'm gonna be rich this time!
It could also never go high. It's how risky you want to play it.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I mean, what else happens? Is it just that? When does it play? Where? Is there a shark nearby? Lol.
I haven't heard of this from anyone else, that's really bizarre!
I'm in the North so I don't think so, I did do fishing but I didn't catch anything unusual. I can't find anything online about it, the sound goes away after a while. Happened twice last night, one on my island and one on a random island. If you moved the sound would get quieter and louder, I tried digging as well and found nothing.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The comings and going have quieted down since my initial call, so I'll put out the dodo coordinates again: GBT3R for anyone who'd like to give Saharah a warm welcome in New Horizons by buying a bunch of stuff from her.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Deli decided to be my personal gardener... I kinda want to axe this dude, he hasn't left the front of my place today... reading his stupid book and watering my plants.

ETziGNZUYAEEC-6

WildEagle18

Feb 22, 2018
I was looking at the spreadsheet, I saw we can exchange villagers. How do I do this? I want to give one my villager to my gf since I got her favorite one

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Deli decided to be my personal gardener... I kinda want to axe this dude, he hasn't left the front of my place today... reading his stupid book and watering my plants.

ETziGNZUYAEEC-6

That post and the look of the villager in the picture is the perfect "Look at this b*tch, watering the flowers like they own the place" meme.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
I've been on so many tours that I can say with absolute certainty that it's fruit you already own.

I'll confirm with everyone else it can happen. I got oranges at home and with 3 tickets I got 2 islands with cherries and made 30-40k bells each visit. Prior to that I never seen that before after several tickets. It seems very rare and I got lucky. I think its one of those special islands probably. These cherry islands had no animals on them to recruit either. I took a screen of it too because I was excited lol.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
How are people so advanced in this game already? I started playing on Saturday and I just got my house built and some random furniture put together and the medium quality tools unlocked and I can't do much else because every day I clear out my island of fruit, wood and stone and then just...go around fishing and collecting shells until resources respawn the next day

I'm not as advanced as the others, but I started playing the game midnight of release day, so it gave me an "extra" day in my progress of resources, museum, and getting nook miles to pay off my debt and start the process of switching to houses. I usually play for 5+ hrs a day gathering resources, visiting islands, and just decorating. Doing that, I already have most of what I need to progress the town growth each day. So this is my "Day 5" of the game, but I feel like I'm progressing faster since I play longer than what is probably expected of you each day. Those island tours will have plenty of resources to help you out!

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
It could also never go high. It's how risky you want to play it.

there's no risk, you can go to someone else island to sell them.... and on a forum like that, you'll always find people with high selling price... that's why i feel so dumb right now

Man i really shouldn't have listened to someone who said it couldn't go higher than 150

Last edited:

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I'm impatient as fuck. Please someone tell me your turnips are being bought for at least 350.

If this forum wasn't so cluttered already I'd say turnip prices deserved their own thread lmao.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Day 4.

Pretty uneventful compared to the last few days...

Museum is built which is neat. I love that part in the fossil section that shows the different villager animals in terms of evolution with a space for the player to stand.

Also Zucker moved in. Awesome, always wanted an octopus. He's still unpacking. The initialr two villagers have a house now from a tent but I guess it takes a bit for them to set up?

Only crafting mission I did today was the wardrobe for the crafting customization option, and I got all the normal level tools made.

Spent the rest of the day fishing and managed to pay off my loan. One trip to an island was also lucrative as it had tons of pears and I caught a ton of pricey sea bass.

First house upgrade on its way tomorrow!

Jan 2, 2018
Day 4.

Pretty uneventful compared to the last few days...

Museum is built which is neat. I love that part in the fossil section that shows the different villager animals in terms of evolution with a space for the player to stand.

Also Zucker moved in. Awesome, always wanted an octopus. He's still unpacking. The initialr two villagers have a house now from a tent but I guess it takes a bit for them to set up?

Only crafting mission I did today was the wardrobe for the crafting customization option, and I got all the normal level tools made.

Spent the rest of the day fishing and managed to pay off my loan. One trip to an island was also lucrative as it had tons of pears and I caught a ton of pricey sea bass.

First house upgrade on its way tomorrow!

That was pretty much my day! I'm just already at the first house upgrade and need to pay off that loan. Aside from that pretty much the same.
I plan to do more island hopping and fishing tonight to make money for the Nook.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Is there anywhere I can store my items while my house is being built?

I'm out of pocket space lol

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Turnip at 115 here. Thing I'm going to HOLD. (bought at $93).

This misty garden animated wall paper is cool too. Feel like it'll be a while before i pay off the second loan.

Portalbox

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they drop the Gyroid completely, painting at the museum and Brewster???
I thought this version of Animal Crossing would be the Ultimate (to be fair, i dont care about gyroid)
Well, to be fair gyroids and Brewster are HIGHLY related (Brewster used to let you store Gyroids) so there's always the possibility him visiting the island via future updates.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll confirm with everyone else it can happen. I got oranges at home and with 3 tickets I got 2 islands with cherries and made 30-40k bells each visit. Prior to that I never seen that before after several tickets. It seems very rare and I got lucky. I think its one of those special islands probably. These cherry islands had no animals on them to recruit either. I took a screen of it too because I was excited lol.
Yup, also confirming this. I have an apple island and got a peach island tour which netted me a ton of $$.
On my island it didn't rain yet, at all.
Same :(

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also I've had villagers mention drinking coffee and one saying 'are you interested in surfing when the summer hits" and now I'm reading every little bit as DLC hints.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Day 3:
Paid off my loan and I'm waiting for that first house upgrade. I need that extra-storage.

Placed the bridge for construction.

Placed the three houses for the new residents and finished up their desired furniture.

Museum should be done tomorrow.

Feels like the game is just getting started.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the hell of you getting a good price on your turnips and opening your gates to anyone? You take two steps towards Nook's Cranny and wait 60 seconds while someone else joins, then leaves,then joins... Definitely would need to do it a few at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.