• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who hasn't time traveled get the town hall yet? My new second new villager moved in and a third should be coming tomorrow, but I don't really have anything else that can be done for the second day now. The museum is up and running too.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a turnip town price spreadsheet? I would gladly update my own prices and check what other people have.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I'm so new to AC that I know nothing about turnips.
I bought some for 93 Bells. When should I sell them? I dint know how high the number can even go and I'd hate to lose a ton of bells!!

Ladder is a game changer! No more parts of my island and random ones out of reach!! I wonder if I can put villager houses up there? Like, how would they get up and down lol?

it's only 5am here so I'm waiting a couple more hours to play as I won't sell items in that drop box for a 20% handling fee. THANKS TOM!!!!

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact: this game won't be playable after 2060. The game will present the following error:

"The system is set to a date outside the supported range. Please close the game from the HOME Menu and restart after setting a date between 1/1/2000 and 12/31/2060."

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
How long does it take for new villagers to show up?
I met 3 yesterday who said they would join.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
aaaaw, it's only one new resident per day! But damn that museum is huge and beautiful, glad i didn't get spoiled on it

Welp, now i'm on day 4, and nothing new to do, aside from paying my house...

I really hope i get K.K., hourly music and isabelle soon, or anything else new!

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Remember to check in on your neighbours. I went into Louie's house and found him working on some construction. He gave me the recipe for what he was working on!

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
ETwxhhPU4AAM9fb

look what i just got from a balloon present!
I have one too! Invite me over some time and we can have a drum battle.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for Apples, Oranges and Peaches. Anyone has some I can grab? Can bring Cherries (or bells) if wanted! :)

Am EU if that matters at all.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
1. Make sure you're using the hole trick to maximise the amount of stuff you get from a rock
2. Buy nook tickets and visit other islands to steal their stuff
how many rocks you have access to in your home island? You should get around 15 from 4 rocks. Make sure you get all 8 materials by digging holes to act as a barrier so you aren't knocked back.

If you can't acess all rocks because you can't get across rivers/up cliffs, then your other option is nook miles and visit islands. Should be straightforward to get 15 visitng 1-2 islands
Three a day is very low. Are you breaking your rocks? Or just hitting them with a shovel. (Always do the latter.) If you're doing the latter, make sure to dig some holes behind your character to brace for the recoil from hitting the rock, that way you can always get 7-8 items per rock.

Then once your island rocks are used up for the day, do some Nook Miles Ticket tours, and hit the rocks the same way there. You should be able to get 30 iron easily.

Thanks guys. I didn't know about the knock back thing. Do you get more material the faster you hit a rock or what is the reason behind this?

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone explain turnips?

Every Sunday, until noon, you can buy turnips from the lady who visits. You can then sell them between Mon and Sat to the Nook twins for a profit. Each day they will have a different buying price, so you need to judge when you sell them to make the most money.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Big day on my island!

Museum opens up, Shop opens up, and 3 interested parties ready to move in! Busy day...

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I remember in the 3DS version catching a lot of cicadas on trees. Are they not in this game? Or do they only appear at certain times of the year?

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am wondering if I should buy this for my girlfriend. She loves Stardew Valley, Minecraft and other loot based games. Is this game a good choice? Is there alot of depth to the customization?
We live in confinement and I've barely talked to my GF since she has the game. She'll love it.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Having your 3 new villagers move in one day at a time, and locking the town hall upgrade progress until they've moved in is such a momentum killer as I've got literally nothing to do for 3-4 days now. I'm really fed up of this one song already, I just want the town hall to get the hourly music back.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone explain turnips?
Every Sunday, until noon, you can buy turnips from the lady who visits. You can then sell them between Mon and Sat to the Nook twins for a profit. Each day they will have a different buying price, so you need to judge when you sell them to make the most money.
Two prices*

Every morning they have 1 price and a 2nd price at noon, so you have to make sure to check before noon!

Sell them for more than you paid to make a profit!

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys. I didn't know about the knock back thing. Do you get more material the faster you hit a rock or what is the reason behind this?
You do get iron nuggets, clay, stones and money.
If you dig holes behihd you, there's no knockback so you can hit rocks up to 8 times in a row.
If there were no holes, you can only hit rocks around 4~ times before it stops giving you the already mentioned materials. 50% less. And that's assuming you don't mess up one of your shovel (or axe) swings.

It should be common sense but I'll mention it anyway to prevent any confusion; make sure none of the holes take place where materials drop.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got everything for Nooks Crannys to start being built, delivered a lot more fossils and fish to the museum, and finished paying the second loan so a bigger house is on the way.

Even though I feel like I'm making slow progress compared to everyone else, I'm having such a blast. This game is beautiful.
Animal Crossing isn't really about making quick progress or anything like that, just enjoy whatever you're doing :)
Tbh I think one of the greatest joys of the game is the slow nature of it, you really shouldn't feel stressed just because some people want to unlock everything as quickly as possible.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
there's no way to stop a villager from moving in once a plot as been sold to them, right?
Villagers invited from islands take priority (hence why Coco in house 3 has moved in before Merry in house 2 for me), but from what I can tell villagers won't appear on islands if you currently have those 3 houses stuck in the moving in process so you can't invite one and push an allocated villager out.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
To adjust my expectations: for somone who poured 120 hours into New Leaf, loved it but got a bit burnt out on the formula toward the end, is there a lot of new stuff in New Horizons apart from the greatly improved visuals?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bought my turnips yesterday for 90, then the selling prices today have been 68 and 62. I'm so glad for the Era spreadsheet, because if I was just playing on my own I'd be in intense despair right now.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
To adjust my expectations: for somone who poured 120 hours into New Leaf, loved it but got a bit burnt out on the formula toward the end, is there a lot of new stuff in New Horizons apart from the greatly improved visuals?

Honestly, I don't think so. At it's heart it's the "same" game with a more straighforward progression system (the nook miles).

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really enjoying the game but I wish there was more interactions with the things we can build or buy for our house / garden.

Like, I have this cool slide. Why can't I slide :(

I have a pan and some other kitchen utilities, why can't I cook :(

I can't ride on a bike, I can't play the pinball machine. Even if all this was just an animation (i dont need a pinball minigame) it would be cool. Now it often feels like just standing in a doll house.

Status
Not open for further replies.