• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Just played for four hours straight... ow, hand cramps.

Felt good to get all those houses ready though.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Lol I fell into a trance and managed to grab all the resources for the 3 incoming villagers and build all that dang furniture. I intented to take my time but wow. Crafting and grabbing resources is annoying yet still addicting.

It would have been good to have those lists of furniture available somewhere in your inventory - eg a ticket or something. You really have to write them down physically to remember which to craft

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Good that the game wasn't too generous about new insects and fish so far ... i'm really running out of space to store the ones my kids and me caught so far. Museum needs to open already.

My daughter has caught 5 Tarantulas so far. On one hand i'm proud of her especially because she hates spiders, real ones and digital ones. On the other hand, what is this island where those pop up so many times?

XBlade

Oct 26, 2017
I regret building my house on a beach, and putting others houses against cliff walls now that I've been given a bunch of fences.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I just did that part earlier today. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I'd already had most of the wood and iron I needed stockpiled beforehand.

I was pretty low on supplies and my axe broke at the highest point on the island, so that was fun.

I also spent one of those hours playing with friends.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Thanks to Philia's amazing help, my island is fully prepared for cross-pollination to happen!

zoDd5mo.jpg

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Kinda boring today, nothing new happening. After building the 3 houses for new villagers, we're just waiting for them to move it and that's it.

Had a couple baby pink flowers pop up at least.

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
My first Animal Crossing and loving it so far. Just curious, but your two island friends that arrive with you, are they the same for everybody or is there a pool of them and each player gets random ones from it?

So there's (eight?) different villager personality types. Starting villagers are randomly selected from two predetermined personality types. So the personality types are the same for everyone, but the villagers are different.

I got Coach and Canberra.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Me: *drops unassessed fossils on the ground near all the other bugs and fishes waiting for the museum to finally fucking open*

My 6 year-old niece visiting my island:

TvOCLkq.gif

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Finally got everything for Nooks Crannys to start being built, delivered a lot more fossils and fish to the museum, and finished paying the second loan so a bigger house is on the way.

Even though I feel like I'm making slow progress compared to everyone else, I'm having such a blast. This game is beautiful.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This morning the Nook shop and museum should both be built for me. Might get some new people to move in, not sure how that works. Also not sure how long it takes for Nook to increase the size of my house.

I also only just last night found out about the tool ring and that I could learn how to make better tools by just buying the thing from the ABD.

All this should keep me busy. I felt like I didn't have anything to do last night when I was playing aside from grinding bells.

A real annoyance for me is how long it takes to fly to an island. I have to get the ticket, take it to the airport, go through a whole bunch of chat prompts, wait for it to load, and the first thing that happens when you land is have to go through another chat prompt with the pilot. It would be nice to just have a plane parked next to the pier, you walk up and tell the guy you want to travel, and boom, instantly on the island.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
MZjFmCy.jpg

My niece and me. I just love that I can connect with her through the game, and help her learn the ropes (even though I don't necessarily know much to begin with). She can't properly read, so I often help her with stuff she doesn't understand yet (her ingame name is something like "mhqrthjsqdf" cause she can't write her name properly yet and it makes me laugh everytime I see her fly to my island). Part of me hopes the game will help her learn to read as well, I'm sure it will even just by osmosis. But yeah, this is such a perfect game to share with her. She loves the game. She'll probably get cute Animal Crossing plushies next Christmas ahah!

How exactly does this work? Do you have to plant different types of flowers diagonally across from each other?

Well, Philia is the expert here, but from what I gathered, it depends on the species of flowers and what kind of variants they can produce. But yeah, the goal is to put the red in center (cause RedxRed=blue), and put white and yellow on each side of the red ones (but not touching each other, cause Yellow x White will always produce another yellow or white, so not interesting at all). Some species can produce purple by doing White x White so sometimes you'll need to put them together a bit. But yeah, always leave 4 empty spaces around the flowers, fill the 4 other spaces with other flowers, so that variants always have a space to grow no matter where!

Last edited:

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
Off to a strong start with 65 bells price.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
It would have been good to have those lists of furniture available somewhere in your inventory - eg a ticket or something. You really have to write them down physically to remember which to craft
Might I suggest to use the favorite function? I used it to keep track of the list of DIY furniture requirements. Pretty handy if you don't want to take notes.

Wabba

Apr 12, 2018
I am wondering if I should buy this for my girlfriend. She loves Stardew Valley, Minecraft and other loot based games. Is this game a good choice? Is there alot of depth to the customization?

celebi23

Oct 26, 2017
Yep. No artwork, and no Redd for that matter.
Damn. There seems to be a lot of stuff cut that was in New Leaf: Redd, Post Office, Katrina, etc. Hopefully some of that will be added in later. Oh & might anyone have an extra face mask? Need one to match my self-isolation right now 😷 Shoot me a PM if you can help out.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
I am wondering if I should buy this for my girlfriend. She loves Stardew Valley, Minecraft and other loot based games. Is this game a good choice? Is there alot of depth to the customization?

I would almost say it's MORE addictive since it's based on actual real time so the urge to constantly check in is always there to see if there'snew things and you're pretty much going to play AT LEAST once a day to see what's new. Do it!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
what are the key time periods during the day? Working from home so want to make sure I'm not missing anything critical - eg am/pm/evening switchovers for bugs/fish/visitors

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Ok - I got the Museum now and feel locked. I need 15 more iron to build the shop but I only get about 3 per day. Do I really need to wait 5 days more before I can progress or am I missing something? Do I get more iron nuggets when using a more durable shovel?

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Ok - I got the Museum now and feel locked. I need 15 more iron to build the shop but I only get about 3 per day. Do I really need to wait 5 days more before I can progress or am I missing something? Do I get more iron nuggets when using a more durable shovel?

1. Make sure you're using the hole trick to maximise the amount of stuff you get from a rock
2. Buy nook tickets and visit other islands to steal their stuff

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

how many rocks you have access to in your home island? You should get around 15 from 4 rocks. Make sure you get all 8 materials by digging holes to act as a barrier so you aren't knocked back.

If you can't acess all rocks because you can't get across rivers/up cliffs, then your other option is nook miles and visit islands. Should be straightforward to get 15 visitng 1-2 islands

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Three a day is very low. Are you breaking your rocks? Or just hitting them with a shovel. (Always do the latter.) If you're doing the latter, make sure to dig some holes behind your character to brace for the recoil from hitting the rock, that way you can always get 7-8 items per rock.

Then once your island rocks are used up for the day, do some Nook Miles Ticket tours, and hit the rocks the same way there. You should be able to get 30 iron easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.