• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I have yet to catch a single tarantula. 😭

Everyone keeps saying stop moving when its legs go up, but I'M ALWAYS BEING CHASED IT NEVER PUTS ITS LEGS UP.
Ok, first, don't run around at night with your net out. It's a great way to get OK'd by Scorpions and Tarantulas hiding behind trees.
Once they go aggressive, they don't let up.

When you spot a tarantula, step a bit away from it, then take out your net.
Hold A to sneak towards it, and it will start alternating between taking a defensive pose and relaxing.
Move toward it when it relaxes. Stay still when it is defensive or it'll attack immediately.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
This might be turning out to be my favourite Animal Crossing so far. The Switch really is becoming the place for the best version of each respective franchise.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Picked it up today. While I do own New Leaf, I never got around to it, so the last foray in the series was the DS version and a week of Pocket Camp.

So far rather enjoyable and chill. I do find the initial inventory and durability a bit limiting, but that's mostly behind me now. Took only an hour or so to get to the first mile stone, so it'll be nice to see how things open up today with Blathers (and finally empty the inventory of new specimens).

Only thing that's tripping me up still are the bugs. They're going to be rarer this time of year, so there's that, but I keep forgetting to eye the trees before I approach.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Ok, first, don't run around at night with your net out. It's a great way to get OK'd by Scorpions and Tarantulas hiding behind trees.
Once they go aggressive, they don't let up.

When you spot a tarantula, step a bit away from it, then take out your net.
Hold A to sneak towards it, and it will start alternating between taking a defensive pose and relaxing.
Move toward it when it relaxes. Stay still when it is defensive or it'll attack immediately.

Oh, so I *shouldn't* have my net out? Maybe that's the issue. I keep that bad boy out with me at all times.

Thanks for the tips!

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Oh, so I *shouldn't* have my net out? Maybe that's the issue. I keep that bad boy out with me at all times.

Thanks for the tips!
Yeah, they'll only attack if you have a net out.
Not running around on summer nights with your net out is a bit of an unspoken rule, as it has a habit of getting you attacked by bugs that saw you before you saw them.

Except now, it appears that instead of both scorpions and tarantulas being available in summer, They have scorpions delegated to summer months, and Tarantulas in winter months, so no nets at night all year round.

Textured Monk

Oct 27, 2017
How does the fruit trading work? Is there an actual trade menu or do people just drop stuff on the ground for each other to pick up?

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Can I unlock a bald hair style? Why isn't there an option for us bald guys? And what about beards, or facial hair? Come on Nintendo!

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Wow the museum is incredible isn't it? All built in a day as well!

So much better than I was expecting.

Man, this game.....

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I screwed around today giving friends fruit they didn't have and wasn't able to pay off my back room expansion. Damn you, friends.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Got a book ticket and finally got a island with non native fruit - peaches! I managed to take back just under 50 and made a killing and planted loads of trees.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
How are people putting photos in picture frames? Is it through the app, importing .jpgs or something?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

Another cool trick for Spider Island. Only one tarantula can be aggro at a time, so if you trap that spider, the others will remain docile for easy catching.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
How does the fruit trading work? Is there an actual trade menu or do people just drop stuff on the ground for each other to pick up?
That or send them as gifts through mail.

How are people putting photos in picture frames? Is it through the app, importing .jpgs or something?
Yes, to all that. :p
There's an online editor that lets you upload any picture (and even creator, town name, etc.) , then you create a QR code, which you scan with the app and send to the game.

Mar 20, 2020
Fossils are certainly nice, but it seems every island has the basic 3-4 rocks. At least that's how it's for me.

Yeah I mean, it's not that big of a deal, but if the islands have only these resources to offer, there is not a great incentive (apart from your first few visits) to use your Nook miles.

Question if anybody knows: the game has no daily themes? I hope not, I'm bored of the main guitar-ish theme already...

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I mean, it's not that big of a deal, but if the islands have only these resources to offer, there is not a great incentive (apart from your first few visits) to use your Nook miles.

I agree, unless you're going for those hybrid flowers (of which i I understand nothing) there is not much incentive to go to the islands once you have a decent amount of resources. But there's so many Nook Miles there's really nothing else to use them on.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
I agree, unless you're going for those hybrid flowers (of which i I understand nothing) there is not much incentive to go to the islands once you have a decent amount of resources. But there's so many Nook Miles there's really nothing else to use them on.
You can also sell the ticket for 10k if you want to quickly convert your nook miles to some money!

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Think I found a glitch that's temporarily broken my game :/

Put a merengue in front of my mailbox. Games not letting me pocket it so I can't reach my mailbox. Had the same problem earlier so I rotated it and it finally let me pocket. This time it won't rotate - house is on the beach next to the water so there's no space to rotate - so I'm pretty much screwed until I move my house. Why can't I pocket it ://

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
There should be a friends option that stops you using shovel/axe, but still lets you use net/fishing rod - lots of people will have different hemispheres, times of day, weather - perfect for catching new stuff. Current options are too restrictive (and best friends too dangerous for randoms)

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man the way this works in co-op is so stupid, I let my GF play first since I was still working, and now I can't even help on building new stuff for the town?

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

Question if anybody knows: the game has no daily themes? I hope not, I'm bored of the main guitar-ish theme already...
Once you unlock the town hall every hour has its own theme

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Ok, I am reopening for anyone who want's to fish and catch bugs in the southern hemisphere.
Alright.
It's currently 5PM 7PM here,
Arapaima
Dorado
Great White Shark
Whale Shark
Arowana
Hammerhead
There should now be scorpions wandering about.
As well as a couple other night bugs.
Send me a message and I'll give you the code.
Islands name is Death Isle, and I'm playing as a girl named Dawn.
I'm going to send out codes to anyone who dms me, and the people who were there the first time, in case they want to rejoin.

I, uhh, can't promise my internet won't drop out again.
It's a possibility.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Does the QR code thing for converting any image to a custom design require a nintendo online account? Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.