• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The tarantulas are 1. inherently bothering me as I hate spiders and 2. keep fucking assassinating me still. Who turned this slider all the way up? It's bizarre. And this happens for another month?

Also wish I'd thought to shake island trees for items + wasps nests. It'd be nicer if they just dropped that stuff when you cut them down, ugh. Not the biggest deal long term, obviously, but I'd have liked to have not missed out on that stuff...

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Is there a trick into catching tarantula? I've encountered two of them but they bit me when I tried to catch them and one of them was chasing me lol.
People will say that you inch towards them with your net drawn and get closer each time they let their guard down but the one time I tried this it was painfully slow and the tarantula ended up jumping in the ocean before I got close enough to catch it.

The way I managed to get one was to inch towards it with my net drawn until it charged and release the net as soon as it charged. I have only done this once so I do not know if it is consistent yet. The obvious downside is that if you fuck it up the spider gets you.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have better luck with approaching a bit and swiping them as they jump.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Far from perfect, but I didn't want to spend any more time on this. Worked on making the Crystal Exarch's outfit from FFXIV Shadowbringers.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Man I've now visited both my wife's island and a friends, and I like their island layouts way better. It's kinda bumming me out.

Their rivers flow way more naturally. They have a couple ponds (I have one and it's a stupid shape), and they have more "big, round areas" whereas my cliffs make everything really narrow and long. Is what it is, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little jealous.

Adlez

Oct 25, 2017
Man I've now visited both my wife's island and a friends, and I like their island layouts way better. It's kinda bumming me out.

Their rivers flow way more naturally. They have a couple ponds (I have one and it's a stupid shape), and they have more "big, round areas" whereas my cliffs make everything really narrow and long. Is what it is, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little jealous.
you can change most of those things later

DitaParlo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
blathers plis

90693931_3012152118835271_551808125355687936_o.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Does anyone have a royal crown I can have? If you only have one, I can duplicate it.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Bought this game on a whim; my island is lousy with peaches that look like butts. Nice.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
God damn spiders... Keep popping out from trees and attacking me!
I hate spiders so much.

Anyway, guys do you know a good way to make money? I need to make 70k bells to upgrade my house...

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Are things worth less when dropped off/sold at night at Nook's Cranny? A tarantula is being quoted for 6,400 when I swore I sold one for 8,000 previously

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
God damn spiders... Keep popping out from trees and attacking me!
I hate spiders so much.

Anyway, guys do you know a good way to make money? I need to make 70k bells to upgrade my house...

Ironically those spiders actually may be the best way to make money. IF you approach them slowly. Stop moving if they rear up and hiss, wait a few seconds and they'll calm down. Each one nets 8,000 Bells each.

TarzanUSP

May 12, 2019
Wow, I've never been so happy with a game this way, even with the quarantine situation. And it's so cool reading about your islands, guys :)

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
The heck? The game just stole like 34000 bells from me. Came back from an island, sold some stuff and completed the quest, went to Nook to wrap up my day by reporting in, which happened... and then my bells were at zero suddenly. :(

Feels bad.

Did you sell stuff in the box outside of the nook store? You'll get the money in the morning.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Because I'm in the southern hemisphere I see scorpions instead of tarantulas.
I've heard someone make mention of the scorpion island.
I must locate it.

Tanner

Oct 25, 2017
Had so many visitors today, probably 12 or 13 in total in different waves, so much fun. Tomorrow is a big day for my island (Kimura) as my museum and Nook's Cranny opens! Also been doing a daily journal for my blog and that's been a ton of fun too, I am just loving this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.