• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I have zero idea why, but my wife was interested in AC.

To be very clear, I don't even bother trying to get her to look at most my games, because I know she doesn't care. And that's honestly perfectly fine with me - I'm glad we have different hobbies that we can call our own and give us our space. But outside of WiiFit, WiiSports, and Tetris - she's never played a video game for more than five minutes (just like I don't quilt or go to hot Yoga classes).

But she kept bringing up her interest in this. So I bought her an AC SE Switch and an extra digital copy of the game, figuring it'd be a waste of money and I could always sell the Switch itself. She's now played, I kid you not, like six or seven hours in the last three days. Tonight we traveled for the first time - me to her island - and had a pretty fun time.

Anyway, no point to my story, but just really amazed to see this get their hooks into someone not normally interested in games.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
It's thundering on my island right now so if anyone wants to come try to catch some rain fish here's the code:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
How are people already getting visits from the turnip lady? I've been playing the game several hours a day and I'm waiting on stuff like the museum and shop to be built.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
So not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I hit the jackpot of mystery islands today when farming for iron nuggets.

4wNzHHv.jpg

First I saw an island full of rocks, but quickly found a tarantula. I caught it before noticing there was another tarantula just chilling there. Got bit by that one, so I ran back, and now there were 3 tarantulas!

Basically, this island had infinitely spawning tarantulas. So by the time I left...

fksmeFD.jpg

Fully stocked on iron, and as many tarantulas as I could carry lol. I knew they'd be worth a lot, but was still surprised when I looked up their value. 8K each.

6vTtrsZ.jpg

Pretty solid haul for only about a half hours worth of work!

Holy smokes :O

Oct 29, 2017
So not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I hit the jackpot of mystery islands today when farming for iron nuggets.

4wNzHHv.jpg

First I saw an island full of rocks, but quickly found a tarantula. I caught it before noticing there was another tarantula just chilling there. Got bit by that one, so I ran back, and now there were 3 tarantulas!

Basically, this island had infinitely spawning tarantulas. So by the time I left...

fksmeFD.jpg

Fully stocked on iron, and as many tarantulas as I could carry lol. I knew they'd be worth a lot, but was still surprised when I looked up their value. 8K each.

6vTtrsZ.jpg

Aye, its basically thanks to this island that I could pay for my 198k mortgage today. Sadly now I'm saving my miles for when I can recruit villagers in islands again, but if someone is short on money, hope you get lucky and find this!

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Getting those Iron Nuggets was tough.
Had to go to 2 separate islands.

The 2and island was plentiful, but there were tarantulas everywhere.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How are people already getting visits from the turnip lady? I've been playing the game several hours a day and I'm waiting on stuff like the museum and shop to be built.
Once the shop is built, turnips are part of the package. The turnip lady comes just on sundays. Only people who started at midnight thursday/earlier due to breaking of street date, and also kept on top of nook demands, had daisy mae already.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Man what are my storage options as far as inventory (day 1)? I already expanded my pockets once, and now my pockets full 😭
It's my understanding that a house has unlimited storage?

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017

4wNzHHv.jpg

fksmeFD.jpg

6vTtrsZ.jpg

So cool! I would have dropped most of my tools and craft new ones when I get back to my island!

CrocoDuck

Oct 28, 2017
how do you find/get so many tarantulas to spawn? are they the big money makers like bug island in new leaf?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
how does the painting of KK songs from the miles machine work? they are kinda expensive and I expected them to play a tune or something.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
So is there anything I can do to help my starting villagers along with upgrading their homes?

I'm going into day three tomorrow. My home is tier 2, the shop is finished, and tomorrow we're welcoming our first new neighbor and finishing the museum and bridge. Yet...both my starting villagers are still sleeping in tents.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I just suck but I find it very difficult to lay buildings with limited view. I'm going to have to spend like 300k fixing this mess Once I start building roads

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Let's try again

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder when we can invite villagers again. :( I was bummed that they stopped showing up once I placed my plots.

Yeah, I'm gonna need info on this ASAP. I need Eloise like nothing else on this planet...Haven't run into her yet.

If you don't mind light game mechanics spoilers, check out this GFaqs thread with the answer from a time traveller: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/248082-animal-crossing-new-horizons/78495513

Status
Not open for further replies.