• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finally caught an orefish but it seems all I ever catch are black/sea bass, loaches, daces, etc. Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of running into better fish?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
How do I get iron nuggets? All the rocks on my island are gone...and other islands I visit only give out 1-2 nuggets..that can't be right.
You can hit rocks up to 8 times. But you have to hit them perfectly. If you miss a bit or take too long between each hit you will get fewer of them. There is a rhythm to it.

It's random what rocks dispense. Sometimes you'll get all nuggets. Sometimes you don't get any. You don't want to smash the ones in your town though. Only one respawns per day.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Got about 1/4th of both the fish and bugs cataloged now. Couple rare fish are leaving at the end of the month and I'm struggling to grab them so far. Hoping I can nab them sooner than later.

Do you have a list of this stuff??? I'd love to get to work on it. Bugs are actually the worst and I suck ass at catching them.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
There really needs to be a PSA about fruit effects and proper rock gathering techniques. It's like 90% of this thread.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
I finally caught an orefish but it seems all I ever catch are black/sea bass, loaches, daces, etc. Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of running into better fish?

Fishing at night and fishing on an adventure island seems to improve the spawns. Also sea fish are worth more than river fish.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't planning on buying Animal Crossing due to what seems inevitable shutdown of non essential jobs around here. Remembered I had a gift card so I bought the digital version like 6 hours ago. My wife hasn't even given me a turn yet. I was on total media blackout for this game and now my first exposure to it is listening to her play it handheld in the other room. This is the worst.
Assuming you've made your villager already, there's a couch co-op mode where you both can walk around together.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone getting Gulliver on day 2 might be intentional, since Saharah is the only other travelling visitor who does not require a prerequisite building such as the museum or the updated plaza and it wouldn't make sense to have Saharah visit that early since many players will not have upgraded their tent to a house yet, but I'm sure it becomes random after that.
I never got Gulliver on day 2. Seems like he's just random.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
it's been 30 hours and uh I'm finally peaking into this thread. I have a problem lmao, I have 750k bells and I've caught well over 900+ fishes already. I'm legit addicted, also I'm working on a farm already that has every fruit. It should be done in 1-2 days and when it's fully grown I'll let you guys know for those that need any fruits on their island

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
The progression is great at least so far.
Honestly makes me confused by the gamexplain discussion saying it slows down a lot building the new houses. That part was easy for me
It seems like we might have to wait a day between each house and nothing happens during that time, which imo is fine (I'm gonna be thoroughly sick of the music by the last day before the soundtrack change tho)

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
is turnip stocks/sales as big as it was on new leaf? coordinating that on the old site finished off my mortgage and then some

I was lucky to get to an island full of tarantula on first try. Thanks to it I was able to pay my 198,000 loan.

aw man what
I've been stung twice trying to catch these shits, you're telling me they're worth much? shit

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Try to fish during different times. FWIW, there's a lot of fishes that come out at night only or some that only come during the morning. There's a lot of different time appearances for fish and it'll likely change during the season. These are just the fishes that we're gonna have to deal with for now.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
It seems like we might have to wait a day between each house and nothing happens during that time, which imo is fine (I'm gonna be thoroughly sick of the music by the last day before the soundtrack change tho)

yeah I don't mind that because it's like past ac games you just fish, catch bugs and hang out
Only thing I don't like is blathers still doesn't accept donations when you have visitors. Makes no sense for it to be that way

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
yeah I don't mind that because it's like past ac games you just fish, catch bugs and hang out
Only thing I don't like is blathers still doesn't accept donations when you have visitors. Makes no sense for it to be that way

This nonsense with donations constantly not being available is easily one of the worst things about this game. The amount of people's islands flooded with bugs, fish, and fossils is absurd.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
No??

ETwgu4JUEAAxuFJ

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if there's a difference in fish spawns between the first level of cliff and the second?

Trying to get Golden trout and string fish.

Also, for sturgeons, all the internet says is River Mouth. Is that where the water has underground rocks in line with the beach or further out to sea?

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
I somehow got it in my head that the only way to "mine" a rock was to destroy it - and that you only got a few/one material from it. So when I started seeing quests needing 30 iron, and furniture needing multiples too - I thought the game got really grindy very quickly.
Thankfully I stumbled on a post highlighting tricks for beginners and realizes what I was doing wrong.
Now to wait forever for my island to repopulate with rocks. 😅

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have a list of this stuff??? I'd love to get to work on it. Bugs are actually the worst and I suck ass at catching them.
Unfortunately, the best resource I have found was this video of someone going through an entirely completed Critterpedia. Most written guides I've seen have been heavily incomplete, so this is about the closest thing to something solid right now. The Critterpedia is pretty good at making it clear how to get all the fish, but the bugs section is kind of lackluster and doesn't mention where bugs spawn/appear.
How do you get tarantulas? I know they come at night but thats all I know.
They randomly spawn at night like anything else. If they see you with your net out they will attack unless you're moving slowly with A held down.
Anyone know if there's a difference in fish spawns between the first level of cliff and the second?

Trying to get Golden trout and string fish.

Also, for sturgeons, all the internet says is River Mouth. Is that where the water has underground rocks in line with the beach or further out to sea?
There's so little info/footage right now that I'm not 100% sure about what constitutes clifftop, but I did see a single video of someone catching one of the clifftop fish at the very start of their river before the first waterfall. Not sure if anything beneath that counts yet, but it might.

As for the mouth, I think you're right. It's the area where the river and ocean meet and you can kind of see in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.