• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Prob my goty, fills that same itch destiny does for me. Might have to stop playing that till they get there shit back in order.

glasiche

Avenger
Feb 12, 2018
All the hustling when there isn't jack shit to do in the beginning really pays off when you can cop whatever you want after Nooks Cranny opens

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
It would seem the island tours you go on can only offer the fruit that is native to your island and the one your mom sends you. Is that true?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
ETwNbv0U8AEr8cY

come on down to blamey's trash emporium and we'll get you all hooked up with whatcha need. sit on a tire next to a fire what could go wrong
What are those little flower pots? Bought them or made them?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Ugh, that means longer until I can get the proper town hall

But at least I don't have to grind resources for progression anymore
I'm pretty bummed because it means I've got another week of the same singular fucking music track

I mean, it's a pretty good track but jesus

edit:
What are those little flower pots? Bought them or made them?
when you set down picked flowers as an item, they become little potted flowers like that

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Noob question - how are people finding so much stuff to buy for their place or island? I only have what they sell at the Nook HQ. Will it improve when I get the shop tomorrow?

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I had no clue mail to friends sends instantly! Huuuge QOL improvement there, no need to travel just to exchange gifts real quick.

Just lost my evening to this game. Seems like literally everyone across different circles of mine have dived into it, many of whom don't usually game. My fruit collection is complete, and my flowers have made it quite far too... just gotta breed some other colors.

Outside of trading, I prepared all three lots for villagers to come tomorrow! I only have the chance to invite one, Jacob, and unfortunately Anicotti took one of the other spots. Here's hoping my third one turns out alright, I'd love a wolf or deer.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Noob question - how are people finding so much stuff to buy for their place or island? I only have what they sell at the Nook HQ. Will it improve when I get the shop tomorrow?
Significantly.

tbh guys I really like New Horizons's early progression, it's nice and slow and exciting without being boring or wasting your time like New Leaf

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Significantly.

tbh guys I really like New Horizons's early progression, it's nice and slow and exciting without being boring or wasting your time like New Leaf
Thanks! New to this series. I also found out I could've recruited the people in the random islands via Nook Mile trips but I didn't :| is that the only way to get new villagers?

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Significantly.

The progression is great at least so far.
Honestly makes me confused by the gamexplain discussion saying it slows down a lot building the new houses. That part was easy for me

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It would seem the island tours you go on can only offer the fruit that is native to your island and the one your mom sends you. Is that true?
Not true. My mom sent me apples and my native fruit is cherries, but I found pears on an island tour.

However, every island I've gone to has had cherries except for that single island with pears. So there's definitely something at play that seeds certain fruits.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I want to share these with a friend, and there's no way to do it that I can find. I'm sort of addicted to the designer function.

i42EkV5.jpg

qoZ6WVX.jpg

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wound up on an island swarming with Emperor Butterflies and hybrid flowers

ETwbrMxUYAA6clZ

ETwbrMiUwAAzLsB

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Being 5/5 in terms of good villagers so far feels pretty good! I started with Reneigh and Lyman, then found Bianca and Bob* on random islands, then noticed that Fauna would be the 3rd one moving in with the three houses I'm building.

This is looking to be my favorite set of villagers yet! I hope it keeps up!

564ec00b262da7659294e01da6fde807.gif

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got about 1/4th of both the fish and bugs cataloged now. Couple rare fish are leaving at the end of the month and I'm struggling to grab them so far. Hoping I can nab them sooner than later.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Caved and picked this up to play with my wife. She really loved Stardew Valley, and I figured this would scratch a similar itch. We had fun, but we kind of just ran out of things to do? Is there more to do one you get your house and the museum gets built? The synced days are kind of cool but it sort of creates a hard stop because you have to wait for things to progress.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
No. I have peaches, mom gave me oranges, found apples on an island. I've only seen them twice in my dozen trips though.
Not true. My mom sent me oranges and i've only ever been to ones with my native (cherries) and peaches.
Not true. My mom sent me apples and my native fruit is cherries, but I found pears on an island tour.

However, every island I've gone to has had cherries except for that single island with pears. So there's definitely something at play that seeds certain fruits.

ah, well then I'm having insanely bad luck then. Lol.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Big day tomorrow in B-Topia... The museum should be opening, Nook's Cranny should be ready, and the first upgrade for my house will be done. Exciting stuff!

It's insane how many bugs and fish I have stacked in my house right now in anticipation of the museum opening. The Nook Miles missions made it too tempting not to keep collecting, even though I had nowhere to donate 'em.

Last edited:

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I wasn't planning on buying Animal Crossing due to what seems inevitable shutdown of non essential jobs around here. Remembered I had a gift card so I bought the digital version like 6 hours ago. My wife hasn't even given me a turn yet. I was on total media blackout for this game and now my first exposure to it is listening to her play it handheld in the other room. This is the worst.

Thwomp

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How do I get iron nuggets? All the rocks on my island are gone...and other islands I visit only give out 1-2 nuggets..that can't be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.