• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game has been doing wonders for my anxiety and stress. I quickly find myself feeling better after playing. Can't get enough.

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I been playing by the book, no timewarping, and I spent about 4-6 hours a day since a midnight release...

Just built the three houses..

If anyone is farther that me, well, you have been playing this game 12 hours a day easily... hah, get a life...

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I mean fruit is the obvious one during the first few days but the stock in the stores is different too. As time goes on you can develop friends whose tastes you remember and then trading/ gifting becomes really fun. I mean ... YOU might not need that bathtub but maybe you know someone who's building a bathroom where it would be perfect. I have had friends from new leaf for almost a decade.
Do you just add people and get codes from forums/subreddits/etc.? I thought I might be able to randomly join someone's island and make friends that way but it seems like you can't do that.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Having a hard time grinding for the Iron needed to build the shop. I bought a ticket to visit another island, but only collected a few iron there. Do I just have to work on earning miles, or waiting for rocks to respawn? How I get that iron man?

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Having a hard time grinding for the Iron needed to build the shop. I bought a ticket to visit another island, but only collected a few iron there. Do I just have to work on earning miles, or waiting for rocks to respawn? How I get that iron man?
Always dig with 3 holes behind you and you'll get 3-6 iron

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same here! Before AC I looked up things and thought about the virus way too often, now I think about building my little island and I'm looking forward to the changes tomorrow.
I really anticipate the next day as well. Both the things that'll become available, and the things I ordered arriving in the mail. :p I'm really enjoying the pacing so far.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

You're doing it right. I think some people time travelled to get past this step lol

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
I spoke to Tom about paying off my home, he says go to the Nook Stop machine, but all I can see are items to purchase by redeeming my miles.

Is it that every time I redeem miles to purchase things, that mileage goes towards paying my debt?

There's a bank option on the machine where you can deposit your bells and pay off the loan.

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
The people that are really far ahead in this, have you been changing the date on the switch clock?

Just wondered how common it is for people to do this, no judgment.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Please somebody tell me I can donate multiple items in one go when the museum opens tomorrow? If I have to do it one by one I may strangle Blathers

MoonDesigner

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I spoke to Tom about paying off my home, he says go to the Nook Stop machine, but all I can see are items to purchase by redeeming my miles.

Is it that every time I redeem miles to purchase things, that mileage goes towards paying my debt?
(Edit: Never mind, I see the payment option, doh)
Miles are only for the first loan, rest is bells.Use the ABD option

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can I kick villagers out? I haven't run into anyone I like yet.

Also, every island I have gone to is my native fruit. Is that normal?

once you get town hall, you can report a villager. I believe if you do that 3 times, they'll feel unwelcome and ask you if they should leave.

Yes, that's normal. it's rare for one of nook's islands have different fruit.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I been playing by the book, no timewarping, and I spent about 4-6 hours a day since a midnight release...

Just built the three houses..

If anyone is farther that me, well, you have been playing this game 12 hours a day easily... hah, get a life...
👍

Honestly though I've played about the same as you, but I got my houses "built" last night (only one moves in at a time).

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Don't destroy your rocks. If you're eating fruit before hitting them, stop. A given rock can be net you 8 pieces of "loot" and your island should have at least ~5 accessible without the ladder. Combine that with the free Nook Miles Ticket and presumably enough miles to buy your own allowing you to go to 2 islands, you should be able to find enough fairly quickly.

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
Just completed day 2, played a lot today. Started the game with Chief and Phoebe with a yellow airport. I've paid off my second loan and now have pears (native), peach cherry, coconut and bamboo trees. I've invited 3 new villagers and waiting for the new Nook shop and museum to open.

I feel like I struggle finding inects compared to other people. I hear crickets when I'm walking round the island, but can't see them. Any tips?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone designing their island in "districts?"

A suburban area with all the homes?
A city area with the museum and stores?
A nice park all by itself?

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So excited for tomorrow! The museum's opening up, three villagers are moving in, and the bridge to nook's cranny is getting built. Heck yeah.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
My heathen ass is just plotting homes wherever. I did built a nice park. Museum and stores are close together.

I'm doing a commercial district, a nice secluded beach side area surrounded by rivers for the museum, a general neighborhood area, and then my own personal spot up by the cliffs.

B1ggRandall

Oct 27, 2017
I need 1 more iron nugget!! Can someone help me! I will give you fruits or even this sewing machine! I'm sick of this!Lmao

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm probably late to the party on this one but

I was FLOORED when I made the connection that the paths in the fossil exhibit trace the evolutionary line of each villager species and if you stand at the empty spot at the end, a light shines on you, representing humans. The museum is so freaking cool and I'm really looking forward to filling it.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Can't...stop...playing!!
I've logged on 3 times since 7am to "just check on things" and played 2+ hours each time lol.
I finally got the ladder and can access the other third of my island!!
I've got 4 people moving in that will make 6 other villagers and I don't know how many I can even have??!

small letdowns:
—crafting. OMFG Nintendo we need a patch ASAP to let you A. Craft multiple of an item and B. Craft a higher tier item without crafting the lower tier first. The current system is mind boggling and cumbersome as hell! #1 needed thing ASAP.

—I have bought 5 Nook Miles tickets. All 5 places I have been have my native fruit oranges.I am no longer amused. Is there no way to get different fruits on random islands? I sure hope there is.

—I may have missed this but I really need the indoor designing tool to be available outdoors. Setting up tons of stuff outside my house is hell right now. "No room to place that" or having to drop them slowly push around and twist to get it how I want. I would love the grid based more detailed placing system that is inside my house.

Overall, New Horizons is digital crack. My only issues are inconvenienced that I truly hope get patched in because even as-is this is one of the very best games on Switch. Back to it :)

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Just to be certain (even thought I've already fucked up if I'm wrong) there's no way to "turn" the houses/buildings, right? They always have to face "down" toward the camera, yes?

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Is there lots to discover in this game or will I see it all in a few weeks or so? I'm disappointed by the loading and the facts it's 30fps. All other AC games have been 60fps
Usually 1-3 months in depending on how much you play, you'll get the sense that you've reached an end point in these games where customization and the social aspect will keep you interested. It's also very replay-friendly. I found myself starting from scratch every year or so in the earlier games.

I honestly think this game is more 'content-light' than previous games, but to accommodate they just throw achievement-systems and customization in your face, so if you like spending lots of time in creation tools you'll like it more.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
—I have bought 5 Nook Miles tickets. All 5 places I have been have my native fruit oranges.I am no longer amused. Is there no way to get different fruits on random islands? I sure hope there is.
I've been to over 20 now and 3 of them have had non-native fruits, 2 others had bamboo and 1 other had a rare flower circle in the middle.
—I may have missed this but I really need the indoor designing tool to be available outdoors. Setting up tons of stuff outside my house is hell right now. "No room to place that" or having to drop them slowly push around and twist to get it how I want. I would love the grid based more detailed placing system that is inside my house.
That would be a nice system to have outside of the house too but I don't see it happening.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Just completed day 2, played a lot today. Started the game with Chief and Phoebe with a yellow airport. I've paid off my second loan and now have pears (native), peach cherry, coconut and bamboo trees. I've invited 3 new villagers and waiting for the new Nook shop and museum to open.

I feel like I struggle finding inects compared to other people. I hear crickets when I'm walking round the island, but can't see them. Any tips?

how did you get those fruits?!
Actually wait, fruit can be sold ir eaten to let you do new actions. Does that mean it doesn't matter which fruits I have? I've been trying to find anything other than oranges for days and the random islands are all my damn fruit, but if it's just aesthetics I may forget about it had just go with what I have.

Jan 4, 2018
I've got the store and museum built and I'm currently waiting for the bridge to finish building tomorrow. I'm also only 10,000 Bells short of paying off my house. Also managed to snag some turnips this morning without even realizing that was a thing.

One question, when you use a Nook Miles Ticket, do the islands you visit just contain resources already available to you? I've yet to visit one that was growing a different type of fruit, and haven't caught any unique fish or insects that I couldn't already get on my own island.

Status
Not open for further replies.