• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That extra rumble when you're reeling in an extra large fish is the most satisfying rumble I've ever felt.

d96.jpg

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
if you goto someone else island and hit their rocks, does that mean they no longer get the iron out of them for that day? or can both get some?

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I've done three mystery island trips in the past few days and invited three villagers to my island. When do they start showing up?

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Day 4 is... the toughest so far. No real activities outside of Daisy Mae, and that was just for a couple of hours. Not much to do outside of grind for clams, try to catch large fish.

And the next couple of days will probably be quite uneventful as well, as my fourth and fifth villagers trickle their way in.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I cought myself wishing for a bigger island, fast travel... and then i realized,
i was just wishing that this is more BotW xD running around, seeing sparkly things, and catching them.

Lucentto

Oct 25, 2017
So this is my first AC game and i'm having trouble understanding what my gameplan should be exactly. Is it just catching stuff, crafting, and selling?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The museum started construction today, and I'm still on the grind to find iron so I can build the shop.
That's probably why. Grind Nook Miles to buy Mystery Tour tickets. You can get a lot of iron from those. Just make sure to give yourself backing before hitting any rocks so you always get the maximum amount of items from them.

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something or does it take a while for the other 2 starting villagers to upgrade to actual houses? They are still living in tents.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really annoying how if you eat fruit you're stuck with demolishing rocks for hours. I wanted to farm iron nuggets to help with the shop at the begining, but I can't get any damn iron nuggets because I ate 10 things of fruits and that doesn't wear off all day.

Guess I just won't be able to make any progress today..

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
It's really annoying how if you eat fruit you're stuck with demolishing rocks for hours. I wanted to farm iron nuggets to help with the shop at the begining, but I can't get any damn iron nuggets because I ate 10 things of fruits and that doesn't wear off all day.

Just dig out and replant some trees. (or the same tree).

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017

Just dig up some trees *shrugs*

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Just shovel up trees and replant them. It consumes the fruit and does no damage to the tree.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving this game, so much Nintendo charm.

I am quite a few pages behind and enjoy reading through and catching up and seeing everyone's experiences.

Quick question, is there somewhere I can check what hemisphere I picked. Wanted to make sure I picked the right one as I originally set it up when I was half asleep.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is this why my island is considered "full" even though I finished all 3 houses and only invited one animal so far? I thought I'd be able to invite 2 more, but when I go to other islands, no one is there.
Weird... So I take it that you only visited 1 other island on that day that you invited someone else?

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017

There's a post somewhere that shows that if you use the toilet, it takes away your stamina lol

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Help please. How do you get a ladder? Tried everything I could think but I still can't craft/buy one. I need *1* iron nugget and all my remaining rocks are on high.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Would there be any detriment to replacing all my non-fruit hardwood trees with all cedars? I would still be able to get the same number of items and materials right? I figure with the amount of fruit trees I'll want on my island I would rather have just cedars to balance them out
One thing to consider is that normal trees are the only ones that become cherry blossoms in spring
Day 4 is... the toughest so far. No real activities outside of Daisy Mae, and that was just for a couple of hours. Not much to do outside of grind for clams, try to catch large fish.

And the next couple of days will probably be quite uneventful as well, as my fourth and fifth villagers trickle their way in.

Yeah day 4 was pretty chill, I don't mind cause the past days were reeeally busy and this was a nice change of pace and I still managed to do a bunch of things at least.
But for gods sake give me hourly music already I'm going insane

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hi folks! I have few questions about trees.

1) Short or digging them up and seeing their names in your inventory, is there any way to determine which trees are hardwood trees and which ones are fruit trees? (When they aren't bearing fruit, of course.)

2) Do hardwood trees bear different wood than fruit trees? Does it make sense to have hardwood Trees at all? I haven't had fruit since my first day (all picked) so I can't tell which ones are giving which wood.

It seems like it would be sensible to phase out hardwood trees and just want that confirmed.
From a few pages back, anyone know?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Question - Is it worth it to bring the slingshot to random islands? I guess what I'm asking is, do the random balloon presents float by on those places?

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The storage room inside the house only has room for 80 things.
Can I somehow expand it??

Status
Not open for further replies.