• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
got a nice orchard-style entry onto my island now, with apples, oranges, and cherries lining the pathway. Just gotta wait for my house to upgrade and the shop to go in tomorrow!

FunnyBunny19

alt account
Banned
Jan 3, 2019
Oh snap. Nice!

What's up with Gulliver being on my shore yesterday but gone today? Should I have done something?

also, what's the possibility of ever crafting unbreakable tools?

you needed to wake him up!
Damn, Blathers doesn't take redundant animals even after the museum is open? tf am I supposed to do with all these extras? lol

sell them!

Golden tools have been shown to break unfortunately.
you cant be serious HOW

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
I have fun. You can fish, hunt bugs and just mess around together. That said you might have to switch who the leader is back and forth a lot, and you can't do island visits with both people.
Ohh, I was thinking of picking it up for me and my gf to play. She likes sim like games and games we can play together. So if we switch leader she can still do essential things?

Jul 30, 2019
Vancouver
I don't have enough inventory space for all the turnips I want to buy, and they can't be stored in the house storage. Does anyone know if they'll stick around if I drop them on the ground?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Is there a point in keeping your original fruit trees and not just replace them mostly with foreign fruit?
Are perfect fruit still a thing? Once you have that then the og can burn

I don't have enough inventory space for all the turnips I want to buy, and they can't be stored in the house storage. Does anyone know if they'll stick around if I drop them on the ground?
Welcome to your new carpet.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I put down the 3 new house plots and got them ready. I still only have my 2 starter villagers and I invited one I found on an island. I went to another island to find another villager but there isn't one. I looked it up and it says they won't appear if my island is full. I should still have 2 empty houses... is Tom Nook inviting randos to live on my island?

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
What items get you the most bells for selling?

Just a side note/tip/recommendation if you're looking for something else that's cozy, calm, chill to play while you're waiting for the next day to begin, may I suggest "It's Literally Just Mowing" on mobile. Good stuff.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I didn't knew there were spiders in the game.

I was chased home by one where I immediately saved the game and quit it.

I could have used an arachnophobia warning 😕

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
got some foreign fruit from other players. Do I just dig a hole and throw the fruit in there to get foreign fruit trees?

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I imagine it's fairly difficult to make golden tools.
I'd assume it's a golden nugget + the previous tool level like most tool recipes.

But I meant just regular tools in general, stockpiling them isn't too hard or resource intensive. If you wanna make a ton of golden tools, sure that'll probably not be the easiest.

Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn the museum.

Gorgeous.

I'm building Louie an outdoor gym. With some good luck, it's coming along nicely.

rrQWLKj.jpg

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
So I finally started this, my first AC.

And I think I can't play more today lol, I'm out of resources for tools and have to wait for the museum to open...

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Would there be any detriment to replacing all my non-fruit hardwood trees with all cedars? I would still be able to get the same number of items and materials right? I figure with the amount of fruit trees I'll want on my island I would rather have just cedars to balance them out

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
My switch code is
SW-2579-0135-3510

I have
pears (island fruit)
cherries
apples
peaches
and coconuts

but would love oranges? (Or any fruit I don't currently have listed above)

Feel free to add me

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Seems like every spot on the river is too narrow to build a bridge. Is there something obvious I'm missing here? I know not everybody has the same island layout but I feel like this should be easier to find than it is.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Ohh, I was thinking of picking it up for me and my gf to play. She likes sim like games and games we can play together. So if we switch leader she can still do essential things?

The first player is the one who gets all the village expansion quests (like getting the materials to open the store, or making the furniture for new resident houses), and there are some recipes tied to those that I don't think 2nd and on players can get themselves. It's not a huge deal, and the secondary players can still make things and contribute but it is a weird decision imo. When playing together only the leader can do things like open their inventory and use the tool wheel, the follower can still fish, catch bugs, etc but everything they acquire will go to a storage bin at the resident services tent. It works well enough but yeah we end up switching back and forth a lot (and thankfully that's painless, the leader just shakes their controller to quick-switch).

I invited 3 villagers to my island. When do I expect them to come? Next day? Is there a requirement I need to do?

Next day they should give Nook a call and he'll give you a quest to make some homes for them. Still working through that part now.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't get to play much yesterday, just enough to get some daily tasks done, hopped on today and got much more work done. Museum finally opened, which is great, the area around the museum was becoming a running hazard.

And I've got the start of a nice little neighborhood going on. Kind of annoyed I can't do diagonal fencing, but I think I'll work around it by using flowers to fill in the gaps in the fencing. I think it'll look good, gonna experiment with which flowers I like and what color pattern I want.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
My switch code is
SW-2579-0135-3510

I have
pears (island fruit)
cherries
apples
peaches
and coconuts

but would love oranges? (Or any fruit I don't currently have listed above)

Feel free to add me
youre only missing oranges i think. i would like 2 peaches if it is possible. I have 2 oranges

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Please god, I need iron nuggets. I only have 1, and I need 30. I went to another island and there wasn't a single rock.....

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
so when you're placing down residential plots, the game shows you two boxes. one of them's highlighted while the other's not. do the residential plots eventually expand to the bigger size? i'm a bit confused on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.