• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I wish it'd tell you which recipes you'd already bought - I can see me double dipping as the list gets longer

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'll be on doing not much for a little bit: C3W20
Please come by if you'd like to trade apples or oranges for some of my peaches! I'm leaving some stacks by the airport in case I go afk, please take just one stack if you visit (or shake a tree) and feel free to look around.

I left a stack of oranges on your door. I took a stack of peaches.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
This weird narrative of the game of "Coming soon" makes it hard to figure out if things are actually IN the title and time-locked or coming in an expansion or patch or things.

The weird thing to me right now is, and maybe I'll just have to re-landscape all the trees to make room, but it feels smaller than the GameCube island. Like, less big areas. Maybe it's just the extra height.

But I don't know where there'd be room for all the normal other shops without making it feel packed.
The island is slightly larger than the map in New Leaf, so it's significantly smaller than the map in the GameCube title.

I get why they want to keep the map at a manageable size, but I do wish it were slightly larger (like one more row of squares at the top) to allow for better use of the 3 elevations.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I booted up the game today and Tom Nook's opening speech said there would be a sort of celebration ceremony today for all the stuff that happened (building the museum, shop, etc.). How do I activate that? He said go to the central square or something?

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
If I drop these turnips in my house am I safe from them vanishing?
yeah can someone clear this up, if they're dropped outside they spoil, right?
Turnips last the whole week.
If you don't sell them by the time Mae returns on next Sunday, they spoil and become worthless.
Not entirely worthless...

Leave 1 set of turnips out to rot and they will attract ants for you to catch and donate to the museum.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I have 3 iron ore (out of 30). I went to another island yesterday that had one rock which gave me nothing. The rock on my island today was a bells rock so nada. Any tips?

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be on doing not much for a little bit: Edit: DONE!
Please come by if you'd like to trade apples or oranges for some of my peaches! I'm leaving some stacks by the airport in case I go afk, please take just one stack if you visit (or shake a tree) and feel free to look around.

Gonna close up in a minute, it's crazy with all the people coming and going. The animation seriously takes a lot of time! Thanks for stopping by.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
so, what is the deal with the turnips, you wait and check every day for the best price right? But as a newcomer is there a best day to sell them?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My wife has been playing this a lot but lacks friends, so I figured I'd signal boost her here. Here's her code : SW-6530-4675-0323

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Wish there was some way for me to share my designs and the like other than taking a picture of the screen with my phone. I don't do social media and my computer doesn't have a micro SD slot.

Oct 25, 2017
wait there are LADDERS

Gotta get to day three.

(And maybe have people moving to your island since Nook gave the recipe for ladders in order to help me facilitate a task for a new resident.)

They prevent you from buying recipes you already know, at least at Nook's Cranny.

Even before then, Timmy would let you know if you already had a recipe that you were trying to buy from him in the tent.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a quick guide or list yet of the things to hit on each day? Like day 1 donate 5 things to get museum going, etc

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Like the game BUT I have this weird feeling of slight disappointment. The whole crafting is nice but it slows everything down, sometimes in frustrating ways when you need a certain amount of items and you need to constantly buy again new tools because they break. I guess I had all the time I wanted back in Wild World days, now I'm an adult and I need stuff to move forward faster haha

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hi folks! I have few questions about trees.

1) Short or digging them up and seeing their names in your inventory, is there any way to determine which trees are hardwood trees and which ones are fruit trees? (When they aren't bearing fruit, of course.)

2) Do hardwood trees bear different wood than fruit trees? Does it make sense to have hardwood Trees at all? I haven't had fruit since my first day (all picked) so I can't tell which ones are giving which wood.

It seems like it would be sensible to phase out hardwood trees and just want that confirmed.

Tahnas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something I just discovered, probably public knowledge by now: spamming the button while crafting something speeds up the process. Super handy when crafting back to back items.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something I just discovered, probably public knowledge by now: spamming the button while crafting something speeds up the process. Super handy when crafting back to back items.
Oh snap. Nice!

What's up with Gulliver being on my shore yesterday but gone today? Should I have done something?

also, what's the possibility of ever crafting unbreakable tools?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Damn, Blathers doesn't take redundant animals even after the museum is open? tf am I supposed to do with all these extras? lol

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Oh snap. Nice!

What's up with Gulliver being on my shore yesterday but gone today? Should I have done something?

Unfortunately you missed your chance, Gulliver is a little tricky if you aren't aware of what you need to do for him, which is talk to him like 10 times in a row to wake him up then complete a task for him. After that he mails you a piece of touristy furniture (for instance I got Stonhenge).

And I would assume the eventual golden tools you can get like in the other Animal Crossings would be unbreakable. I guess they aren't as someone else pointed out, so I'm not sure.

Damn, Blathers doesn't take redundant animals even after the museum is open? tf am I supposed to do with all these extras? lol

Sell em! Nook's shop takes any fish and insects, some rare ones sell for quite a bit. Or you can display ones you like in your house.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Oh snap. Nice!

I believe there are Gulliver "events". You were supposed to talk to him repeatedly until he woke up. I'm sure you'll have another opportunity in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.