• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought this for me and my fiancée. I have never played any AC and I have no idea what I am getting into.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Economy is screwed. Royal crowns are being passed around like candy.
The switch has been hacked for awhile, and there of course time travelers, the "economy" was never going to work outside people who carefully monitored their own towns against cheating.

That said, I hope no one discovers a game destroying exploit like in previous games... Dropping them in other people's towns and breaking them.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of buying KK songs in the store? It gives me a decorative album but no way to play it on the radio. Or does this AC actually create a distinction between radios & stereos (would explain the radio shuffling song at random....)

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Im sure there are other exploits but I like the island economy changes made to the game. Arlo made a good point in his video about how OP the island was in New Leaf. I would just go there back and forth over and over and just farm. The nook miles ticket at least makes you consider taking a trip because 2k Nook Miles is a lot more than the 500 bells or whatever it was to go to the island in new leaf.

The random islands you go to also don't seem to be guaranteed to be just loaded with rare and expensive bugs and fish all the time either; atleast I haven't really found much yet that even remotely compares to the kind of hauls I used to get on one trip

I don't feel as tempted to just ditch my own town and travel in order to catch anything because it doesn't feel worth it as much. Where as new leaf it almost felt lIke you were wasting time if you stayed in town

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the more i play this game the more i like it but the gating mechanics are absolutely more extreme than they've ever been before. it's true that the series has always been about pacing things out, but the previous games haven't had tons of grinding for anything aside from bells to improve your house and the passive upgrades to the store, etc.

it's definitely a new feeling to spend hours grinding for a bunch of crafting materials and furniture for plots etc and then be told to keep waiting. i don't think you can just wave all criticism away with "it's always been that way" with this game because it's way way way more pronounced in this one

Totally agree. And the extreme gating only incentivizes time travel, exacerbating the economy becoming a joke. I don't blame the users for wanting to skip ahead when every little thing is a 24 hour real time wait. People would be outraged at these time gates in any other game.

Alak96

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to build more bridges on day 3? The first bridge has been already built, but I have no DIY to do another one.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So can I only visit friends islands if they expressly open up the island to visitors and thens it there waiting fo rme? Like it has to be a coordinated (outside of the game) thing?

Adlez

Oct 25, 2017
do you guys think nintendo will reprint those amiibo cards? they are impossible to find now, and home designer was lame so i didnt buy the cards back then.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I feel the struggle for Iron Nuggets is gonna be intense for me.
I need 30 for Nook's shop I think and I have 1....

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Does anyone have any cherries they can spare? They are my native fruit but I need a few to finish my last item for the three houses and all my trees are bare.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
this iron nugget thing is bs when you don't have any rocks.

oh, and fuck this online. I don't get how certains actions ingame lock the player to leave. WHY

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
You might have some weeds to take care of but that's about it. Animal Crossing is best experienced slowly in smaller chunks over a longer period of time, there's very little to worry about as far as negative consequences for checking in every once in a while. You might miss the occasional special visitor or holiday but imo those aren't really worth stressing about. Some things, looked cultivating a garden, require more regular play but this game is pretty much made of optional content so you choose what you want to do and what you don't want to do.

thanks for the reply! Think I'll buy it tomorrow - just to zone out and relax a few times a week:)

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
So yeah, turns out you get 500 Nook Miles the first time you shoot a balloon and the present falls into the water.

I did it on purpose. Yes siree. Not an accident.

I'm 100% sure that the present had 10 millions bells and you can't prove me wrong.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Can you move the museum/shops later in the game? Or is wherever you put them is their permanent location?

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble with scanning QR codes via the app? I got it working once but all the others give me error code 3999.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So guys hopefully someone can help me out. I have 3 little kids and one switch. Can someone explain how multiple profiles are handled? I know it's one island, but how is progression handled? Can all the profile have their own homes and stuff?

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but feel a bit dissapointed with the game, it's somewhat sparse compared to previous entries (npc and upgrades wise).

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.